Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Republicans ask for spending cuts with debt ceiling bill, blame 'unchecked government

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    because real life experience is always a better base of knowledge than something gleaned in a biased poll
    Not if that "experience" is fake or exaggerated.

first, try reading and learning. i've even provided a link for you.
    So which status are you?

Are you the status of someone kicked out of the military for security violations?

Are you the status of someone kicked out of the military for bad conduct?

It says that if you're not eligible for VA care, your discharge had to be anything BUT dishonorable:

Certain VA benefits and other perks of military service require certain types of military discharges. You may see generic statements such as a requirement that the discharge be anything “other than Dishonorable” or any military discharge not characterized as a punitive discharge in some cases.
    So it sounds to me like you had a punitive discharge that disqualified you from VA benefits.

So what did you do in the Marines to earn that punitive discharge? Must have been something bad, otherwise you would have had an Honorable Discharge or a General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So which status are you?

Are you the status of someone kicked out of the military for security violations?

Are you the status of someone kicked out of the military for bad conduct?

It says that if you're not eligible for VA care, your discharge had to be anything BUT dishonorable:

So it sounds to me like you had a punitive discharge that disqualified you from VA benefits.

So what did you do in the Marines to earn that punitive discharge? Must have been something bad, otherwise you would have had an Honorable Discharge or a General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions.
    what I 'did' to get my discharge would be personal information that I do not plan to give out, especially to people like yourself, mainly because you would then try to use that info to make me look like charles manson or something. what TYPE of discharge I have should be easily deduced by the fact that I can, and have, still bought firearms...........so you can jump to the conclusion that I did something 'bad', since i'm sure you already have.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

what I 'did' to get my discharge would be personal information that I do not plan to give out, especially to people like yourself, mainly because you would then try to use that info to make me look like charles manson or something.
    Well now I really want to know what you did...

what TYPE of discharge I have should be easily deduced by the fact that I can, and have, still bought firearms
    Well, all that tells me is that you didn't commit a felony...but you did commit something on the misdemeanor level, and it was bad enough for the military to shitcan you and not provide you with benefits.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well now I really want to know what you did...

Well, all that tells me is that you didn't commit a felony...but you did commit something on the misdemeanor level, and it was bad enough for the military to shitcan you and not provide you with benefits.
    and this is where your proclivity to mass generalize, dismissing 'anecdotal' issues causes you to look less than intelligent. real life experiences are a lot different than studies with determinations based off statistics. Each case can be different.......

Because you like to take nearly all things out of context and deliberately misconstrue them as some sort of 'proof' that you're somehow right is exactly why I will not tell you the circumstances surrounding my discharge.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    I got a tax cut, I am not rich, are you making stuff up again?
    My taxes went up under Trump.

Your party doesn't mean what they say. Talk is cheap, and never so cheap as when vommited from a Repuke.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and this is where your proclivity to mass generalize, dismissing 'anecdotal' issues causes you to look less than intelligent. real life experiences are a lot different than studies with determinations based off statistics. Each case can be different
    Right, but your case isn't that different or special...you did something while under the employ of the US Military that was so bad, you had to be discharged and you lost out on the benefits.

Must have been a whopper of a fuckup....did you rape someone?

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because you like to take nearly all things out of context and deliberately misconstrue them as some sort of 'proof' that you're somehow right is exactly why I will not tell you the circumstances surrounding my discharge.
    That's fair, I guess...no sense in undermining your own credibility by owning up to your mistakes, I suppose...

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right, but your case isn't that different or special...you did something while under the employ of the US Military that was so bad, you had to be discharged and you lost out on the benefits.

Must have been a whopper of a fuckup....did you rape someone?
    I know you don't know the law very well, but rape is a felony........

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's fair, I guess...no sense in undermining your own credibility by owning up to your mistakes, I suppose...
    I owned up to my mistake to the people that I needed to and that didn't include you.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know you don't know the law very well, but rape is a felony........
    Maybe they classified it as simple assault?

Thing is, I can only speculate what you did, since you're not willing to be upfront.

Whatever it was must have been really bad if they kicked you out and denied you benefits.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I owned up to my mistake to the people that I needed to and that didn't include you.
    Did you? Because your discharge and suspension of benefits would seem to indicate you didn't own up to your mistake.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Raise taxes, cut spending until debt = zero. People will die. There will be a huge depression, maybe one like we've never seen.
    Yeah, which is why striving to balance the federal budget is really, really, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY stupid.

If you cut government spending and don't replace that spending in the economy, you will contract the economy.

So if you talk about spending cuts, you need to show where that spending is being made up...and we know it's not made up by increased consumer spending.

So if you pull $500B of spending out of the economy, or 2% of GDP, you need to make up that spending elsewhere otherwise you just contracted the economy by 2%, which would cause a recession.

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Maybe they classified it as simple assault?

Thing is, I can only speculate what you did, since you're not willing to be upfront.

Whatever it was must have been really bad if they kicked you out and denied you benefits.
    speculate all you like, you were going to anyway.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

speculate all you like, you were going to anyway.
    Not sure why you wanted to let me know that you were drummed out of the military.

If you don't want to post why here, you can PM me.

15. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    My Canadian son in law’s relatives are horrified by the costs of our system and what he has to pay for his medical care. They much prefer their system.
    some have the need to be treated like cattle, I can't imagine paying .54 of every dollar earned for a national healthcare that does nothing