1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I don't wish Covid off on anyone!

But, in a couple of weeks, school starts, and we will more-than-likely see school age children under 12 become the number one carriers of the damn thing, coming home from school and spreading it to their un-vaccinated family members.

It will be the end of the year before the test phase of the under 12 children is completed, and the earliest they can be vaccinated.

SO please, let's not get in a situation where everything has to shutdown again- PLEASE GET VACCINATED IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE SO!

And do it now, because it takes a couple of weeks to start fully protecting you!
    Nothing had to be shut down.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    if it wasn't for the innocent children involved, most Americans would prefer to see MAGA Nation die off from this plague, sad but true
    Four term fallacy. Appeal to emotion fallacy. Argument from randU fallacy. Omscience fallacy. Hate speech.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

The New York Times profiles the 'most influential' purveyor of online COVID vaccine misinformation

“Mercola is the pioneer of the anti-vaccine movement,” said Kolina Koltai, a researcher at the University of Washington who studies online conspiracy theories. “He’s a master of capitalizing on periods of uncertainty, like the pandemic, to grow his movement.”

It starts with making unproven and sometimes far-fetched health claims, such as that spring mattresses amplify harmful radiation, and then selling products online — from vitamin supplements to organic yogurt — that he promotes as alternative treatments.

[R]ather than directly stating online that vaccines don’t work, Dr. Mercola’s posts often ask pointed questions about their safety and discuss studies that other doctors have refuted. Facebook and Twitter have allowed some of his posts to remain up with caution labels, and the companies have struggled to create rules to pull down posts that have nuance.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...misinformation

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    To each his own of course, if someone wants a bunch of other people to die that is their right (although I picture someone who wishes this to also be the type to wear a "Love Wins" shirt. Haha.)

But here's what confuses me. Among white people I would believe that more Democratic leaning people are vaccinated than Republican leaning. But we know blacks and Hispanics have been vaccinated the least. In a certain sense there is still a lot of segregation in America but in reality we all pretty much intermingle on a daily basis. It's not like we walk around in pods of only people of our same race and political persuasion.

So are all these non-vaccinated black and Hispanic people who would be killed in such a scenario acceptable collateral damage? Or would only unvaccinated (Republican leaning) whites be killed and everyone else would someone escape healthy?
    They are racists. They don't care if a lot of black and Hispanic Democrats die as long as conservatives die also.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    He's cutting and pasting random numbers made up by NBC.
    As of July 5th, 86% of Democrats were vaccinated.

So it is a plague among Conservatives.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The New York Times profiles the 'most influential' purveyor of online COVID vaccine misinformation

“Mercola is the pioneer of the anti-vaccine movement,” said Kolina Koltai, a researcher at the University of Washington who studies online conspiracy theories. “He’s a master of capitalizing on periods of uncertainty, like the pandemic, to grow his movement.”

It starts with making unproven and sometimes far-fetched health claims, such as that spring mattresses amplify harmful radiation, and then selling products online — from vitamin supplements to organic yogurt — that he promotes as alternative treatments.

[R]ather than directly stating online that vaccines don’t work, Dr. Mercola’s posts often ask pointed questions about their safety and discuss studies that other doctors have refuted. Facebook and Twitter have allowed some of his posts to remain up with caution labels, and the companies have struggled to create rules to pull down posts that have nuance.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...misinformation
    Inversion fallacy.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    They are racists. They don't care if a lot of black and Hispanic Democrats die as long as conservatives die also.
    As of July 5th, 86% of Democrats were vaccinated or had received their first shot.

As of July 7th, 93% of Democrats were vaccinated or had received the first shot.

That number is only higher today, July 26th.

And I don't care what race you are...if you're choosing to skip the vaccine, then I think you should die.

But only after spreading it to your family, friends, and community first.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

got it KKK boy

now go iron your sheets like a good little Nazi

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

cawacko is racist as well.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    As of July 5th, 86% of Democrats were vaccinated or had received their first shot.

As of July 7th, 93% of Democrats were vaccinated or had received the first shot.

That number is only higher today, July 26th.

And I don't care what race you are...if you're choosing to skip the vaccine, then I think you should die.

But only after spreading it to your family, friends, and community first.
    But only 12% of blacks and 17% of Hispanics have been vaccinated. That makes you a racist for wanting minorities to die.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But only 12% of blacks and 17% of Hispanics have been vaccinated.
    That is not true at all.

You misread the link.

It says 12% of Blacks and 17% of Hispanics haven't been vaccinated as of the date in the article.

SO HERE IS YET ANOTHER FUCKING EXAMPLE OF HOW FLASH CONDUCTS HIMSELF ON JPP IN BAD FAITH.

And what did I say, Flash? That I don't care what race you are...if you're not getting the vaccine now, you should fucking die and your family and friends should also fucking die.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

got it KKK boy

now go iron your sheets like a good little Nazi
    Anybody who wants somebody to die is as bad or worse than any KKK or Nazi. They are the same ilk. Full of hate.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Into the Night (07-26-2021)

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

So I did this exercise yesterday, and I'll be happy to post the math if you don't think this is correct.

A significant majority of unvaccinated Democrats are black. The total number of unvaccinated adult Democrats is around 15 million, the total number of unvaccinated black adults is around 12 million. Since most of those are Democrats, most unvaxxed Democrats are minorities. Addressing vaccine hesitancy in minority communities requires a completely different approach than addressing the vaccine defiance of the roughly FORTY FIVE MILLION unvaccinated Republicans. Those are the two largest segments of unvaccinated Americans. The vast majority of unvaccinated adults in this country are young (under 40) uneducated Republicans who are not hesitant, they are defiant. They are intentionally rejecting the vaccine because they think they are sticking it to the libs. I guess they are willing to die for the cause. But make no mistake about it. This is a Republican problem. There are very few unvaccinated Democrats.

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But only 12% of blacks and 17% of Hispanics have been vaccinated.
    Show your work here: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    So I did this exercise yesterday, and I'll be happy to post the math if you don't think this is correct.

A significant majority of unvaccinated Democrats are black. The total number of unvaccinated adult Democrats is around 15 million, the total number of unvaccinated black adults is around 12 million. Since most of those are Democrats, most unvaxxed Democrats are minorities. Addressing vaccine hesitancy in minority communities requires a completely different approach than addressing the vaccine defiance of the roughly FORTY FIVE MILLION unvaccinated Republicans. Those are the two largest segments of unvaccinated Americans. The vast majority of unvaccinated adults in this country are young (under 40) uneducated Republicans who are not hesitant, they are defiant. They are intentionally rejecting the vaccine because they think they are sticking it to the libs. I guess they are willing to die for the cause. But make no mistake about it. This is a Republican problem. There are very few unvaccinated Democrats.
    Yes, here are the statistics that prove everything you are saying: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/