Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow closes above 35,000 for the first time. God Bless President Biden.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Like at the end of George W. Bush’s eight years?
    You would need to put some meat on them bones.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I have been all cash since OCT 16 and I dont regret it...I am putting a lot of money into this Oasis I have built for myself, the homestead, this place that I long ago decided to die in. I will not stay that way but I am not going back into the equity markets till after the crash, if at all.

I am still thinking about gold, but next up is central AC.

I have a friend who did the same thing the day Obama was inaugurated, he missed out on a lot of gains.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have a friend who did the same thing the day Obama was inaugurated, he missed out on a lot of gains.
    I am near the end of life....I am enjoying my money....also getting ready for hyper inflation.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am near the end of life....I am enjoying my money....also getting ready for hyper inflation.
    Glad you are enjoying it.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Glad you are enjoying it.
    I am old enough and have paid attention enough to have heard first hand and remembered the stories of those who lived through the Great Depression. If you know the crash is coming the thing to do is fix up the homestead, and have enough socked away as safe as you can to pay the taxes so that you can keep it.

Thank You

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is a downturn coming down the pipe... I'd suggest folks prepare a bit, but folks seem to ready to congratulate themselves on making "easy money" and forget that this works in cycles.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am old enough and have paid attention enough to have heard first hand and remembered the stories of those who lived through the Great Depression. If you know the crash is coming the thing to do is fix up the homestead, and have enough socked away as safe as you can to pay the taxes so that you can keep it.

Thank You
    Are you aware of how long it took for the stock market to fully recover from the crash that happened at the start of the great depression?

LOCK HIM UP!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-23-2021)

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

The popping of this bubble will be devastating.

Buckle Up.
    We've been hearing that since Joe got the nomination.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

And, if you've got the cash to invest in the stock market you made out. Otherwise you just get screwed by the overall inflation of the economy and rising prices. So, Joke is helping the rich and fucking the poor...

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Are you aware of how long it took for the stock market to fully recover from the crash that happened at the start of the great depression?
    Irrelevant....America is not coming back this time..China will insist..But I house I can enjoy.....I rarely leave anymore.

Also, SARS-COV2 looks like it is going to stay, and kick our asses.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    It’s been a turbulent week on Wall Street, starting with a massive selloff over worries about the Delta variant. But by Friday, stocks were back up and each index closed at at record highs.

The Dow closed 0.7%, or 238 points, higher, finishing above 35,000 for the first time ever. The S&P and the Nasdaq both climbed 1%.

On Monday, the market was deep in the red and the Dow (INDU) recorded its worst day since last October. The S&P 500 (SPX) and the Nasdaq Composite (COMP) logged their worst performances since May.

Investors, fearful that rising Covid-19 cases and the more infectious Delta variant would stifle the economic recovery, retreated from stocks and fled to the relative safety of government bonds.

“Although the variant has punctured the ‘vaccine euphoria’ that was prevalent in the market several months ago, investors seem convinced that economies will continue to open up gradually despite the new variant,” said Marshall Gittler, head of investment research at BDSwiss Group, in a note to clients.

A preliminary reading of IHS Markit’s July purchasing managers’ index showed manufacturing at a record high for the data series, beating economists’ expectations.
    Yes! Let's all get on our knees and offer prayers of thanksgiving to Saint Joseph of Dementia!(well, excuse me from your false idol worship, but please, TELL US ALL WHAT HE FUCKING DID TO BRING ABOUT THIS MIRACLE!).

Investors, fearful that rising Covid-19 cases and the more infectious Delta variant would stifle the economic recovery, retreated from stocks and fled to the relative safety of government bonds.
    Those investors must have been REALLY scared of the covid business, because they ran away for a WHOLE FUCKING DAY.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

It’s been a turbulent week on Wall Street, starting with a massive selloff over worries about the Delta variant. But by Friday, stocks were back up and each index closed at at record highs.

The Dow closed 0.7%, or 238 points, higher, finishing above 35,000 for the first time ever. The S&P and the Nasdaq both climbed 1%.

On Monday, the market was deep in the red and the Dow (INDU) recorded its worst day since last October. The S&P 500 (SPX) and the Nasdaq Composite (COMP) logged their worst performances since May.

“Although the variant has punctured the ‘vaccine euphoria’ that was prevalent in the market several months ago, investors seem convinced that economies will continue to open up gradually despite the new variant,” said Marshall Gittler, head of investment research at BDSwiss Group, in a note to clients.

A preliminary reading of IHS Markit’s July purchasing managers’ index showed manufacturing at a record high for the data series, beating economists’ expectations.

What's your take on whether he should reappoint Powell or not?

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

They kept hoping for that during the eight years of Obama’s administration. We didn’t have a recession until Trump was president.
    And who did Trump blame for that? Obama? Hillary? Carter? Truman?
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Irrelevant....America is not coming back this time..China will insist..But I house I can enjoy.....I rarely leave anymore.

Also, SARS-COV2 looks like it is going to stay, and kick our asses.
    I’m glad you chose to stay home.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And who did Trump blame for that? Obama? Hillary? Carter? Truman?
    He did not acknowledge it happened.

LOCK HIM UP!