Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "More Red-State Trouble, U.S. looks increasingly like two different countries"

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    if you'd have added republicans in that sentence, you might have been correct.

what you are doing is taking ALL of those stats completely out of context, like the racist you are. you are refusing to see that the 'unvaccinated' are minority communities (that would be black and hispanic) in MAJOR cities.......I believe you called them YOUR base...........

but that's none of my business
    Yeah, but if you defend their right to disagree with the democrats they call you a Trump lover, which I previously noted means that the vast majority of them quite literally turn off critical thought because they hear the name Trump. Anything you say to them after that point will literally fall into vacuum, because there remains no substance to their thoughts.

These are the same people who used to pretend that they didn't trust "the man". They really don't know what distrust means. This is where Libertarians really shine.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yeah, but if you defend their right to disagree with the democrats they call you a Trump lover, which I previously noted means that the vast majority of them quite literally turn off critical thought because they hear the name Trump. Anything you say to them after that point will literally fall into vacuum, because there remains no substance to their thoughts.

These are the same people who used to pretend that they didn't trust "the man". They really don't know what distrust means. This is where Libertarians really shine.
    You last paragraph made me laugh because a number of people who in their youth said, "don't trust the man" and "don't trust anyone over 30" are now "the man".

It's why you hear so many less progressives talking about "question authority" because in most places in this country they are the authority.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sailor (07-22-2021)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You last paragraph made me laugh because a number of people who in their youth said, "don't trust the man" and "don't trust anyone over 30" are now "the man".

It's why you hear so many less progressives talking about "question authority" because in most places in this country they are the authority.
    And see how fucked up those places got so quickly.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,263 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

I'm kind of glad we are not one homogenous monstrosity of an Authoritarian State.
    Then you must be ecstatic that Trump lost the 2020 election! NICE!

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    Why are democrats pushing the vaccine?
    Because 99% of the people who are dying are unvaccinated. We want you to live, so we are trying to convince you to take the vaccine that saves lives.

The real question you should be asking is why are Democrats giving up trying to save your life? That has a more interesting answer.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

It also gives sanctimonious gasbags something to use to demand more government authoritarian control over every aspect of every life. "If it would just save one life it would be enough" and all the other platitudes aside.... I'd prefer to live with danger than life with Fascists protecting me (and others) from every danger.
    Well, maybe you could make an exception for a disease that has killed 650,000 Americans? Maybe it might be the right time to put down your 'Don't Tread On Me' flag. Do you think?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

reagansghost (07-23-2021)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Revolution View Post
    LIBS WILL PAY A HEAVY PRICE FOR KILLING AMERICANS
    99% of the dying are unvaccinated. In other words, the alt right will pay a heavy price for killing so many Americans.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    wrong. democrats are trying to force measures upon others who don't agree with them. end of story. that is all that need be said about it
    Having Democrats speak out for the vaccine is "forcing others" to get the vaccine, but having Republicans speak out against the vaccine with lies is not "forcing others"?

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Well, maybe you could make an exception for a disease that has killed 650,000 Americans? Maybe it might be the right time to put down your 'Don't Tread On Me' flag. Do you think?
    I see you are disgusted by libertarian dogma too. people who would prefer to live in a Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome world free of any social constraints are batshit crazy

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

It also gives sanctimonious gasbags something to use to demand more government authoritarian control over every aspect of every life. "If it would just save one life it would be enough" and all the other platitudes aside.... I'd prefer to live with danger than life with Fascists protecting me (and others) from every danger.
    So you haven't gotten the COVID vaccine because you prefer to live with danger than life with Fascists protecting you?
    I guess you haven't gotten the pneumococcal vaccine or the Shingles vaccine as well? Have you rejected ALL vaccines?

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    No. I do not think so. I believe that freedom from the government the founders wrote into the constitution is worth a little risk. We allow folks to smoke, for instance, which has some risk to others, even though it kills about 500,000 Americans per year.

Maybe it might be the right time for you to turn off the television alarmist "news" so you aren't quite so afraid anymore.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

No. I do not think so. I believe that freedom from the government the founders wrote into the constitution is worth a little risk. We allow folks to smoke, for instance, which has some risk to others, even though it kills about 500,000 Americans per year.

Maybe it might be the right time for you to turn off the television alarmist "news" so you aren't quite so afraid anymore.
    Nope. You aren't free to drink and drive because you might kill someone. Get it?

SIX HUNDRED TWENTY SIX THOUSAND DEAD AMERICANS. If you aren't alarmed by that, you don't deserve your freedom.

Smoking is banned in basically every single public place. Really bad analogy on your part.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    So you haven't gotten the COVID vaccine because you prefer to live with danger than life with Fascists protecting you?
    I guess you haven't gotten the pneumococcal vaccine or the Shingles vaccine as well? Have you rejected ALL vaccines?
    Um... I have gotten the vaccine, I was one of the testers...

I did that so you, yes you personally (and others like you), would not be so afraid. Fear is a mind killer, as you demonstrate here, nothing in this post says you are brilliant. I prefer to allow other folks, all folks really, to be able to choose what happens to their own bodies, even if it brings along with it some risk to me. Much like seatbelts and a zillion other things... I prefer to have risk over Authoritarian Government, and I will vote that way every single time.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

We allow folks to smoke, for instance, which has some risk to others, even though it kills about 500,000 Americans per year.

are you vaccinated?

oops, just read above you have been

so, looks like you choose to advise others to not do as you do, got it