Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Yes, we are 1-2 against Clemson in the final games of the playoffs.

But Clemson has made the playoffs 4 times. What happened the other time? Oh yeah, we beat them 24-6 in the first round of the 2017 playoffs.

So the playoff record against Clemson is 2-2. The 2 best teams over the last few years.
    We? How many years of eligibility do you have?

Don Ho couldn't get the job done this year. Hurts didn't get it done in 2017. In 2016 when Alabama won it's 1 of 3 tries in the championship game against Clemson, Jake Coker was quarterback.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    When winning 10 years ago has anything to do with winning now, let me know. All that matters is what happened Monday. After next year's game, it won't matter.
    Well that will be your little secret.

In recruiting, it matters a lot. Being able to tell a potential recruit that every recruiting class Saban has had earned at least one championship ring is a powerful tool.

And recruiting the best players gives you a serious leg up towards winning the next championship. Or at least making it to the playoffs. Which Alabama has done every year since they started having college playoffs.

So only the most recent championship game matters? Then why did you bring up the 2016 championship game? I guess when you are trying to talk shit about Bama, any year is fair game. But talking up Bama only the most recent game matters.

lol Okey dokey

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We? How many years of eligibility do you have?

Don Ho couldn't get the job done this year. Hurts didn't get it done in 2017. In 2016 when Alabama won it's 1 of 3 tries in the championship game against Clemson, Jake Coker was quarterback.
    Because Clemson didn't make it to the final game at the end of the 2017 season. Jalen Hurts beat them. Then Tua got it done against Georgia.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well that will be your little secret.

In recruiting, it matters a lot. Being able to tell a potential recruit that every recruiting class Saban has had earned at least one championship ring is a powerful tool.

And recruiting the best players gives you a serious leg up towards winning the next championship. Or at least making it to the playoffs. Which Alabama has done every year since they started having college playoffs.

So only the most recent championship game matters? Then why did you bring up the 2016 championship game? I guess when you are trying to talk shit about Bama, any year is fair game. But talking up Bama only the most recent game matters.

lol Okey dokey
    That automatically guarantees a win?

I don't talk up Bama. You suck enough of Saban's dick to do that for everyone on the forum.

Clemson is the first team to go 15-0 or better since 1897. Let me know when Alabama does that.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because Clemson didn't make it to the final game at the end of the 2017 season. Jalen Hurts beat them. Then Tua got it done against Georgia.
    That means Alabama has two chokers at quarterback. Jalen couldn't get it done against Georgia. Tua couldn't get it done against Clemson. Jalen gets his panties in a wad and now transfers. What will Alabama do when Tua gets hurt again. He appears to be injury prone. A knee against Missouri and an ankle against Georgia. What's next?

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That automatically guarantees a win?

I don't talk up Bama. You suck enough of Saban's dick to do that for everyone on the forum.

Clemson is the first team to go 15-0 or better since 1897. Let me know when Alabama does that.
    Of course it doesn't guarantee a win. But it certainly helps to have the talent and the depth.

Yes they are the first team to go 15-0 since 1897. But, in recent history, there have only been 15 games (at the most) since 2014.

And congrats to Clemson for an excellent season.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That means Alabama has two chokers at quarterback. Jalen couldn't get it done against Georgia. Tua couldn't get it done against Clemson. Jalen gets his panties in a wad and now transfers. What will Alabama do when Tua gets hurt again. He appears to be injury prone. A knee against Missouri and an ankle against Georgia. What's next?
    Jalen got his panties in a wad? He could have transferred anytime last year. He could have left Alabama with 2 years of eligibility. He CHOSE to stay, and it payed off for him and for Alabama. Please tell me when he got his panties in a wad?

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course it doesn't guarantee a win. But it certainly helps to have the talent and the depth.

Yes they are the first team to go 15-0 since 1897. But, in recent history, there have only been 15 games (at the most) since 2014.

And congrats to Clemson for an excellent season.
    Then why pretend it does? That was the point you were trying to make.

Since 2014, there has been only one team that went 15-0. Why wasn't Alabama that team?

I'm not a Clemson fan although there are family ties to the school. It was pleasing to see them whip Alabama's ass for the 2nd time in 3 years in the game every team aspires to win.

BTW, Georgia Southern, Marshall, and N. Dakota State have done what Alabama couldn't do.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Jalen got his panties in a wad? He could have transferred anytime last year. He could have left Alabama with 2 years of eligibility. He CHOSE to stay, and it payed off for him and for Alabama. Please tell me when he got his panties in a wad?
    No, he CHOSE to leave.

How did it pay off? He was replaced as quarterback because he didn't get the job done.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then why pretend it does? That was the point you were trying to make.

Since 2014, there has been only one team that went 15-0. Why wasn't Alabama that team?

I'm not a Clemson fan although there are family ties to the school. It was pleasing to see them whip Alabama's ass for the 2nd time in 3 years in the game every team aspires to win.

BTW, Georgia Southern, Marshall, and N. Dakota State have done what Alabama couldn't do.
    LMAO!!! Too funny.

What happened to "When winning 10 years ago has anything to do with winning now, let me know"?

Georgia Southern has only played Clemson once, and Clemson beat them 38-7.
    Marshall beat Clemson in 1999 (so much for the 10 years ago thing, huh?

I can't find any record of N. Dakota State beating Clemson.

As for "what Alabama couldn't do", that is an outright lie. Alabama beat Clemson in 2017, 2015, 2008, 1975, 1969, 1968, and 1967. So in the last 51 years Alabama is 7-2 against Clemson.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, he CHOSE to leave.

How did it pay off? He was replaced as quarterback because he didn't get the job done.
    He finished his degree and opted to put his name out there. That is a far cry from getting his panties in a wad.

It payed off when he went in the SEC Championship and won the game. Other teams out there saw that and plenty of schools will be contacting him.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports...182839979.html

I was surprised Saban didn't play him earlier against Clemson. I was actually surprised Saban didn't start him the 2nd half.
    I hope he doesn't go to another SEC school. I doubt he will.
    Good luck to him, he deserves it but doesn't need it.
    So is Tate Martel at OSU.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The rule was changed about a year ago, I think. Once you graduate, if you transfer you can play right away. Hurts graduated in 3 years, and still has another year of eligibility. I hate to see him go, but I wish him all the best.
    Yea Hurt is not a big pro prospect and if you're going to make the jump to grad school they always advise you, from an academic standpoint, to enroll in another school. So he's not exactly transferring. He's graduating from an undergraduate program and matriculating into a graduate school. Best of luck to him. It's hard enough being an undergrad and obligated to an athletic scholorship. It won't get any easier for sure being in grad school. Cause grad school isn't going to give a shit about his being a student athlete. They're going to expect 16 to 20 hours a day from him.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    So is Tate Martel at OSU.
    College free agency mostly with QB's.
    How's he compare to Joe Burrow? Speaking of Burrow next yr will be his last. He still needs some work to do if he plans on going to the NFL, IMO. He had a great bowl game though.

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    College free agency mostly with QB's.
    How's he compare to Joe Burrow? Speaking of Burrow next yr will be his last. He still needs some work to do if he plans on going to the NFL, IMO. He had a great bowl game though.
    Martell compares more favorably to TJ Barrett. He's undersized but stocky and athletic. He has neither elite speed or an elite arm. He has excellent mechanics and excellent discipline. Is way ahead of the curve in going through his progressions and if you give him an open lane he will hurt you. He has lazer like accuracy at the short to mid range but is definitely not a north/south QB. He's quite talented at the play action fake and uses it extremely well to gain separation for his receivers.

In short he's a more than competent QB in a spread type offense or pro style "west coast" offense but lacks the real arm strength to be a true pocket passer at an elite level.