Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default More Immigration Could Reduce Inflation

Time to reopen the economy.

Time to reopen the borders.

What we need is more workers to take summa those jobs that by being unfilled are causing inflation.

We know where we can get lots of willing new workers who just want to be good Americans!

" ...welcoming more low-wage foreign workers could address acute labor shortages in certain industries, helping hard-hit areas of the country recover while staving off higher inflation. "

"Low-wage workers, many of whom have been deemed “essential” during the pandemic, are particularly important to ensuring that those places can bounce back. According to an analysis by the Brookings Institute, low-wage workers make up between 30 and 62 percent of the jobs in nearly 400 metropolitan areas nationwide and are the backbone of “Main Street” businesses that support jobs for others and make neighborhoods attractive places to live and work. "

"Increasingly, Americans don’t want to do these jobs. Immigrants have already seized the opportunity to fill that void, especially in the industries seeing the largest increases in job postings amid the pandemic. Given that these industries already lean disproportionately on immigrants, they are well positioned to capitalize on policies increasing the supply of immigrant labor. "

"What’s really required is a rewrite of the country’s immigration laws that sets a much larger target for admissions under all the categories and probably adds a fifth category for climate migrants, which is going to be an increasingly large part of the flow that we see from the Southern Hemisphere in the coming decade ... "

Immigrants could fix the US labor shortage
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-28-2022), Rune (01-29-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Celticguy (01-27-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,185 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

What we need is more workers to take summa those jobs that by being unfilled are causing inflation.

We know where we can get lots of willing new workers who just want to be good Americans!

" ...welcoming more low-wage foreign workers could address acute labor shortages in certain industries, helping hard-hit areas of the country recover while staving off higher inflation. "

"Low-wage workers, many of whom have been deemed “essential” during the pandemic, are particularly important to ensuring that those places can bounce back. According to an analysis by the Brookings Institute, low-wage workers make up between 30 and 62 percent of the jobs in nearly 400 metropolitan areas nationwide and are the backbone of “Main Street” businesses that support jobs for others and make neighborhoods attractive places to live and work. "

"Increasingly, Americans don’t want to do these jobs. Immigrants have already seized the opportunity to fill that void, especially in the industries seeing the largest increases in job postings amid the pandemic. Given that these industries already lean disproportionately on immigrants, they are well positioned to capitalize on policies increasing the supply of immigrant labor. "

"What’s really required is a rewrite of the country’s immigration laws that sets a much larger target for admissions under all the categories and probably adds a fifth category for climate migrants, which is going to be an increasingly large part of the flow that we see from the Southern Hemisphere in the coming decade ... "

I don’t some people understand the correlation and they refuse to educate themselves on why our country needs immigrants.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-27-2022)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eagle View Post
    Prime example #1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-27-2022)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Prime example #1

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eagle View Post
    Further display…

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

I don’t some people understand the correlation and they refuse to educate themselves on why our country needs immigrants.
    All we are doing is flipping their own argument on it's head.

They are afraid that immigrants will take jobs away from Americans.

So many jobs are going unfilled now that it has affected supply, but demand is still there. So we have inflation.

What we need is to get those jobs filled.

And we know exactly how to to that.

Bring In More Immigrants!

They want to work. We need work done. It's a no-brainer.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-27-2022), Phantasmal (01-27-2022)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

All we are doing is flipping their own argument on it's head.

They are afraid that immigrants will take jobs away from Americans.

So many jobs are going unfilled now that it has affected supply, but demand is still there. So we have inflation.

What we need is to get those jobs filled.

And we know exactly how to to that.

Bring In More Immigrants!

They want to work. We need work done. It's a no-brainer.
    It really is a no brainer.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-27-2022), PoliTalker (01-27-2022)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Further display…

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I really have no brain.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Immigrants built America.

We can build back better with more.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-27-2022)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Negative, time for the people able to work, who are on welfare, get to work!

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

no. you're on some neocon bullshit.

the solution is enforce the borders but end vaccine mandates, shutdown, lockdowns, war on mom and pop stores etc.

since you support unions you should see how illegal aliens are scabs.

and labor glut always lowers wages.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Callinectes (01-29-2022), Sirthinksalot (01-27-2022)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Americans get arrested at a higher rate than immigrants.

And that only makes sense.

If you're in a country notorious for locking people up, with a highly discriminatory justice system, you want to make sure you don't get into trouble!

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think I hear Poli and Phan offering to hire one of the single men who just arrived to Work for them.... And sponsor them in their quest for citizenship.... Do keep us posted....