Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dick's sporting stores

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Dishonesty is part of bribery, dolt, so if people feel this was done dishonestly then a threshold was crossed.
    Again, unless they can prove with facts it was bribery, their feelings don't matter.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Looks like they're finding it necessary to close some stores.

I wonder why??
    Amazon
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-11-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    A lot of stores saw disappointing holiday sales, including JC Penney which has announced store closures. People are buying more online, it is the future.

This has nothing to do with Dick’s politics.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight; because it's just coincidence that their sales began to decline, soon after their decision on firearms was announced.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I am not for any American business going belly-up, but Dicks cannot compete with Academy in Ft. Smith, AR if they restrict the kinds of guns they sell....and they do. I suspect they’ll shuffle off to parts of the ountey where they have their niche of customers who buy lots of running shoes and leg warmers and such. I hope they succeed. American companies succeeding means jobs and revenue for our government.
    I'd say it's pretty safe to say that with few exceptions that most of Dick's customers go there for primarily for athletic clothing. Dick's has for some time been shifting their sales of outdoors man gear and equipment to their Field and Stream stores. You can't even buy fishing gear at my local Dick's anymore. I have to drive to the far north side of town to go to their Field and Stream store and to be honest...the fishing gear at Cabela's or Bass Pro is better. I have a sneaky hunch that if I were to desire to purchase a fire arm I could probably get a better quality equipment at my local gun shop. When I go to a sporting goods store I'm usually looking for sport specific gear and clothing and Dick's never has had much in the sports I've been interested in and what they do have is usually entry level gear at low prices.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

leaningright (01-11-2019)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    A lot of stores saw disappointing holiday sales, including JC Penney which has announced store closures. People are buying more online, it is the future.

This has nothing to do with Dick’s politics.
    I can only think of one business I have boycotted for political reasons and that's Jimmy John's and it's not really political so much as I think they are total assholes for making minimum wage workers sign non-compete agreements and then enforcing them. That and their sandwiches aren't "that" good.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

leaningright (01-11-2019), Phantasmal (01-11-2019)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I'd say it's pretty safe to say that with few exceptions that most of Dick's customers go there for primarily for athletic clothing. Dick's has for some time been shifting their sales of outdoors man gear and equipment to their Field and Stream stores. You can't even buy fishing gear at my local Dick's anymore. I have to drive to the far north side of town to go to their Field and Stream store and to be honest...the fishing gear at Cabela's or Bass Pro is better. I have a sneaky hunch that if I were to desire to purchase a fire arm I could probably get a better quality equipment at my local gun shop. When I go to a sporting goods store I'm usually looking for sport specific gear and clothing and Dick's never has had much in the sports I've been interested in and what they do have is usually entry level gear at low prices.
    Same. I buy firearms from my local pawn and gun. I have never bought a gun from a chain like Bass Pro or Academy or Dick’s. When I go to those stores I’m looking to buy certain, common ammo and/or hunting clothing and/or fishing equipment.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-11-2019)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I can only think of one business I have boycotted for political reasons and that's Jimmy John's and it's not really political so much as I think they are total assholes for making minimum wage workers sign non-compete agreements and then enforcing them. That and their sandwiches aren't "that" good.

Yea, I refuse to pay that much for an average to below average sandwich.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-11-2019)