Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden sole criteris for VP -black woman

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Wait, what? You don't want terrorists killed?
    I do. I was referring to this thread:
    Biden advised Obama not to kill bin Laden
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...&p=3818434#top

You should read Bolton's book. He was gung-ho to invade both Iran and Venezuela and damn the number who would be killed in the attempt.
    Bolton reminds me of a past president of the Maryland Chess Association -name was Robert Erkes
    He would make noises at the chess board, and squeal in delight when he captured a piece.
    The guy was a pig. Same as Bolton is a pig

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020)

3. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Sowell notes, too, the cases of a minority group with no political power nevertheless outperforming the dominant majority oppressing them. His favorite example was the successful Chinese minority in Southeast Asia. But he also has written about the Jews in Europe, the Igbos in Nigeria, the Germans in South America, the Lebanese in West Africa, and the Indians in East Africa. Perhaps the most striking American example is the Japanese. The Japanese peasant farmers who arrived on America’s western coast in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries faced laws barring them from landownership until 1952, in addition to suffering internment during World War II. Nevertheless, by 1960 they were outearning white Americans.

The phrase “the myth of the model minority” gets repeated so often that we mistake it for an explanation. It’s not a myth that some American minorities have higher incomes, better test scores, and lower incarceration rates than white Americans. And the most common explanation for this—that such groups come from the highly educated upper crusts of their original homelands—both explains too little and concedes too much. First, it doesn’t explain the rise of groups such as the Japanese; nor does it explain the eventual success of the Jewish migrants who left Europe around the turn of the century and settled on New York’s Lower East Side. Second, the argument implicitly concedes a part of what it seeks to refute: that the main determinants of economic success are education and skills—“human capital,” as economists call it.

One can object that the experience of black Americans is unique, and therefore incomparable with that of any other group. No other ethnic group in America was enslaved, disenfranchised, lynched, segregated, denied access to credit, mass-incarcerated, and so on. This is true enough—but only if our analysis is limited to America. What is so valuable about Sowell’s perspective is precisely its international scope. In three thick volumes published in the 1990s—Conquests and Cultures, Migrations and Cultures, and Race and Culture—he examined the role that cultural difference has played throughout world history. Sowell documents the fact that slavery, America’s “original sin,” has existed on every inhabited continent since the dawn of civilization. Without going back more than a few centuries, every race has been either slaves or enslavers—often both at once. Preferential policies provide another example. What we Americans euphemistically call “affirmative action” has existed longer in India than in America. Malaysia, Sri Lanka, China, and Nigeria have all had it, too.

How does all this apply to America? On William F. Buckley’s Firing Line, Sowell summed it up in a sentence: “I haven’t been able to find a single country in the world where the policies that are being advocated for blacks in the United States have lifted any people out of poverty.” Maybe American race relations are so unique that all historical and international comparisons are useless. But it’s far more likely that we have something important to learn from patterns that have held true around the world and throughout history.

Like others with similar views on race, Sowell has encountered countless smears, though the usual avenues of attack—accusations of racism, privilege, and all the rest—have not been available. Someone should have told Aidan Byrne, who reviewed one of Sowell’s books for the London School of Economics blog. Doubtless convinced that he was delivering a devastating blow, Byrne quipped: “easy for a rich white man to say.” It’s hard not to laugh at this hapless reviewer’s expense, but many mainstream commentators differ from Byrne only in that they usually remember to check Google Images before launching their ad hominems. The prevailing notion today is that your skin color, your chromosomes, your sexual orientation, and other markers of identity determine how you think. And it is generally those who see themselves as the most freethinking—“woke,” while the rest of us are asleep—who apply the strictest and most backward formulas.

To such people, the existence of a man like Thomas Sowell will always be a puzzle. He will always remain, in their minds, a phenomenon to be explained. But the question is not why a man who lived Sowell’s life came to hold the views that he did. The question is why one would expect a mind so brilliant to submit itself to received opinion of any kind.

Coleman Hughes is a fellow at the Manhattan Institute and contributing editor of City Journal. His writing has appeared in Quillette, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, National Review, and The Spectator.

https://www.city-journal.org/thomas-...overty-culture
    It's a good article. The bolded is pretty much the only part I disagree with. "Only if our analysis [of the experience of black Americans] is limited to America" works when you're having an intellectual discussion or studying philosophy, but we have to be concerned about the realities of racism in America. When yet another black man in America gets killed by a cop it's not helpful to talk about the culture in other countries.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The VP job is government employment.

It is a government job selection. Why wouldn’t the Civil Rights Laws apply when Joe says he is going to only pick a black woman for that job?

Black and white men and white women need not apply. This is the definition of racism.

Talk about “between a rock and a hard place.”

If Joe waffles now...

Dementia Joe is a racist.

Hey earl I have read quite a few of your posts...so I went to the dictionary and looked up the definition of illiterate..stupid...dumb fuk
    and guess what they had a picture right there of you...Wow I couldn't believe it how accurate the dictionary is...hey you are one ugly fuk
    they had a brief description of where you live...that minority trailer park...the residents don't like that peg board you put on your windows
    instead of drapes...hey have you got any bites on offering that fat ugly bitch for whatever anyone wants huh...no bites huh...

Hey why are you talking about racists when you are 3 different minorities...and you wife is well... we won't talk about that..

HEY WHEN YOU GO INTO YOUR TRAILER PARK OUT HOUSE AND THERE'S SHIT ALL OVER THE SEAT WHAT DO YOU DO...HUH

5. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No there are not really, political expediency and box ticking dictates otherwise.

Hey grajonca I did what you said and looked up "what your name means" it's a sexually transmitted disease in
    baboons and when people like you take on that name you're promoting fukin animals....why do you do that?

can you post your picture.. so we can see how much baboon hair you have or not....huh...

6. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I am sure when there are qualified Black conservatives we will, we will not just sacrifice the good of the country for an unqualified pick, because of race, it's called principles! Pandering is a Democrat thing!

hahaha all this from PARTY THAT PANDERS TO THE RED NECKS...It is true that red necks are a bunch that
    no one knows where they came from and what race their in...I say their a mixture of incest between...
    north korean hos....and multi racial reBOOBliCONS from Zimbabwe....or the south side of Chicago...
    maybe both.....Hey have you been taking stupid pills...cuz no ones that dumb...huh

7. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jjay View Post
    Hey earl I have read quite a few of your posts...so I went to the dictionary and looked up the definition of illiterate..stupid...dumb fuk
    and guess what they had a picture right there of you...Wow I couldn't believe it how accurate the dictionary is...hey you are one ugly fuk
    they had a brief description of where you live...that minority trailer park...the residents don't like that peg board you put on your windows
    instead of drapes...hey have you got any bites on offering that fat ugly bitch for whatever anyone wants huh...no bites huh...

Hey why are you talking about racists when you are 3 different minorities...and you wife is well... we won't talk about that..

HEY WHEN YOU GO INTO YOUR TRAILER PARK OUT HOUSE AND THERE'S SHIT ALL OVER THE SEAT WHAT DO YOU DO...HUH
    Another dozy worthless twat, hey fuckwit we have enough already!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020)

9. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jjay View Post

hahaha all this from PARTY THAT PANDERS TO THE RED NECKS...It is true that red necks are a bunch that
    no one knows where they came from and what race their in...I say their a mixture of incest between...
    north korean hos....and multi racial reBOOBliCONS from Zimbabwe....or the south side of Chicago...
    maybe both.....Hey have you been taking stupid pills...cuz no ones that dumb...huh
    I would suggest that everybody puts this sock on ignore. Can't help feeling it's another that has crawled out of an Amazonian black lagoon.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

dukkha (08-04-2020), Earl (08-05-2020)

11. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Picking someone just because of their color is just as wrong as not picking someone just because of their color.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-04-2020), Earl (08-05-2020)

13. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's a good article. The bolded is pretty much the only part I disagree with. "Only if our analysis [of the experience of black Americans] is limited to America" works when you're having an intellectual discussion or studying philosophy, but we have to be concerned about the realities of racism in America. When yet another black man in America gets killed by a cop it's not helpful to talk about the culture in other countries.
    London is beginning to go the way of the US sadly. Sadiq Khan is useless and not up to the job. It's easy to pontificate about the police when you live in a middle class area but it's hell otherwise. It's ironic that people, including middle class blacks, moved out of Chicago to Minneapolis to escape violent crime. Watch the crime skyrocket if they defund the police and appoint social workers instead.

FB_IMG_1596604090035.jpg

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020), Into the Night (08-05-2020)

15. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another dozy worthless twat, hey fuckwit we have enough already!
    Another mindless post by a idiot that names herself for a cunt disease..."grajonca" pathetic....
    hey when you sleep over at earls trailer does he have you sleep with his 500 lb. bitch...and
    how do you deal with the smell...oh thats right that pretty much describes you...so sad

16. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I would suggest that everybody puts this sock on ignore. Can't help feeling it's another that has crawled out of an Amazonian black lagoon.

All this from grajonca hey scum bucket...change your name it's a anal disease....thats migrated from your
    other hole..huh.....Hey remember when you put shit out there you get it back with me...and my suggestion
    is publicly kiss my ass cuz I'm superior to you...but disinfect your lips first cuz trumputin ass is a filthy dirty
    disgusting skunk ass...

17. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,331 Times in 8,491 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Biden sole criteris for VP -black woman
    There are maybe 700 million black women alive today (assuming we add the criteria of being alive), so how will he ever pick one. You claim his "sole criteria" is being a black woman, so assumably there would be no way to whittle down the field.

Lets add the criteria that she has to be an American, and we get 22 million Black American women. Maybe half of them are over 35 and natural born Americans, so 11 million. So even if we add some simple criteria that could be assumed, we still have millions.

Either Anatta is completely wrong, or we will see a randomly picked Black woman candidate.

18. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

"When" there are qualified black conservatives? Are you saying there aren't any now? I read your posts, I don't see you supporting any black candidate for any office.
    Had Ben Carson would have still been in the primary I would have voted for him he wasn't! If there are any running as conservatives, I will support them!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020)

20. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

What a steaming load. Kavanaugh was the most qualified at the time? The pickings are pretty slim for repubs!
    Yes he was!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (08-05-2020)

22. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thousands of black men are killed by black men in America every year, Miss Marple.

Black men appear to not care or this would not be happening.

How does this involve racism?

Two or three times a year, a case of a white policeman killing a black perpetrator appears. Most of those times, the black perpetrators would not have been killed, had they not committed a crime or resisted arrest or tried to kill the officers who are arresting them.

You can not say that every death of a black man in America involves racism. It clearly does not, Miss Marple.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-05-2020)