Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manafort plea unlikely to yield what left wants

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    It never was going to. The moment it was revealed Trump had waived privileges and the WH counsel's office was cooperating for months with the investigation, it should have been obvious to people that The Donald was throwing them all under the bus first, but noooooooooooooooooo, not in blue waveland. That was simply gotcha moment #243 of the year.
    The waiving of privileges by Trump was slick.

For one thing, allowing WH counsel to be subjected to 30 hours of interview shot the legs out from any shot Mullet had at getting Trump in a perjury trap. It’s hard to get more cooperative than that. More importantly, it deprived Mullet of a compelling need to interview Trump in person.

Note how the lefty media all but ignored that: had Trump exercised executive privilege the media and the minimally informed JPP lefties would be shrieking about how guilty Trump was acting lol.

Trump *acts* anything but guilty.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Irish Exit (09-16-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

For one thing, allowing WH counsel to be subjected to 30 hours of interview shot the legs out from any shot Mullet had at getting Trump in a perjury trap. It’s hard to get more cooperative than that. More importantly, it deprived Mullet of a compelling need to interview Trump in person.

Note how the lefty media all but ignored that: had Trump exercised executive privilege the media and the minimally informed JPP lefties would be shrieking about how guilty Trump was acting lol.

Trump is too ignorant to understand what a terrible position he is in.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-16-2018), katzgar (09-16-2018)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

And attacking the DOJ is a pretty good way to hide that you are working with them behind the scenes.

I don't like Trump. I am not an apologist for Trump. Never have and never will vote for Trump. That said, during the election I heard an interview about him somewhere or the other that basically said Trump's biggest problem even before he ran has always been this shady lawyer who worked for him and the longer Trump had worked with him, the more he adopted the same sort of personna as that guy. Obviously they were talking about Cohen. I have been operating under the suspicion for awhile that Trump is actually planning for his own death. The estate tax repeal corresponds to his life expectancy. That whole nonsense early on about his wife (eventual widow) having her future marketing prowress damaged would be in line with that as surely she has a prenup that will limit her cut of the Trump pie. Throwing all the shady people from his life under the bus would remove them from the lives of his children once he is gone in order to move forward with the businesses without him and them. I suspect Don Jr., and Kushner playing footsy with the Russians was a complete curve ball that he has been trying to dig them out from under after they went renegade trying to be movers and shakers, but otherwise I don't see a single thing Trump has done that isn't in his family's best interest once he is compost.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Your comment proves you don't know enough about this topic to discuss it.

everyone involved is republican, quit being stupid

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

blackascoal (09-16-2018), Guno צְבִי (09-16-2018)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    And attacking the DOJ is a pretty good way to hide that you are working with them behind the scenes.

I don't like Trump. I am not an apologist for Trump. Never have and never will vote for Trump. That said, during the election I heard an interview about him somewhere or the other that basically said Trump's biggest problem even before he ran has always been this shady lawyer who worked for him and the longer Trump had worked with him, the more he adopted the same sort of personna as that guy. Obviously they were talking about Cohen. I have been operating under the suspicion for awhile that Trump is actually planning for his own death. The estate tax repeal corresponds to his life expectancy. That whole nonsense early on about his wife (eventual widow) having her future marketing prowress damaged would be in line with that as surely she has a prenup that will limit her cut of the Trump pie. Throwing all the shady people from his life under the bus would remove them from the lives of his children once he is gone in order to move forward with the businesses without him and them. I suspect Don Jr., and Kushner playing footsy with the Russians was a complete curve ball that he has been trying to dig them out from under after they went renegade trying to be movers and shakers, but otherwise I don't see a single thing Trump has done that isn't in his family's best interest once he is compost.
    That’s an interesting theory, to say the least lol.

Maybe you’re right, who knows. I take a more pragmatic view of Trump: whatever his hidden motivations are [to whatever extent he has them] he’s a doer that takes a pragmatic instead of an ideological veiw of things. Trump wants to get crap done. Whether it’s because he’s sincere about MAGA, whether it’s because he’s driven by ego to be THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER or whether it’s for darker reasons like you suggest—-why does it matter if the country benefits?

That’s why the Never Trumpers don’t like Trump—he doesn’t share their ideology. Trump isn’t one of theirs, ideologically.

Regarding the possibility Junior and/or others actually approached Russians to help in the campaign. I just don’t care. Or put it this way, as far as I’m concerned it’s a conspiracy theory.

The only reason I waste time with it is the conspiracy theory led to an SP against a duly elected president. And that’s a much greater sin than Junior’s *theoretical* and ham-handed attempt at the collusion.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

That’s an interesting theory, to say the least lol.

Maybe you’re right, who knows. I take a more pragmatic view of Trump: whatever his hidden motivations are [to whatever extent he has them] he’s a doer that takes a pragmatic instead of an ideological veiw of things. Trump wants to get crap done. Whether it’s because he’s sincere about MAGA, whether it’s because he’s driven by ego to be THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER or whether it’s for darker reasons like you suggest—-why does it matter if the country benefits?

That’s why the Never Trumpers don’t like Trump—he doesn’t share their ideology. Trump isn’t one of theirs, ideologically.

Regarding the possibility Junior and/or others actually approached Russians to help in the campaign. I just don’t care. Or put it this way, as far as I’m concerned it’s a conspiracy theory.

The only reason I waste time with it is the conspiracy theory led to an SP against a duly elected president. And that’s a much greater sin than Junior’s *theoretical* and ham-handed attempt at the collusion.
    I don't know that I think he is doing anything great for the country as of yet other than stopping Hillary. That bitch would have started WWIII

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Manafort attended that fateful meeting in which Russian "adoption" was discussed. His information on that is essential.
    why?......the meeting itself was a bust......

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I know the left thinks Manaforts plea deal is the magic bullet that will finally rid them of President Trump, but I don’t think it will

Remember that their boy Rick Gates has been “cooperating” with Mueller for over six months

What if anything new can Manafort tell him that Gates hasn’t already told him?

I doubt Manafort knows anything Gates didn’t
    For beginners, Gates wasn't at the infamous Trump Tower meeting, nor does he probably have knowledge of Trump/Manaford's financial relationships.

If nothing else Manaford could serve to confirm information Gates might have given Mueller

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    According to Don Junior who has already been caught lying three times about the meeting

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,556 Times in 17,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Manafort attended that fateful meeting in which Russian "adoption" was discussed. His information on that is essential.
    yes, Putin adopted Donald at that meeting.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,556 Times in 17,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I does not matter if it worked. if you try to rob a bank and fail, do they let you go? PP think a tiny bit some times.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    yes, Putin adopted Donald at that meeting.
    You’re a true believer, aren’t you.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    According to Don Junior who has already been caught lying three times about the meeting
    lol.....sorry sadchild......its the lib'ruls who've been caught lying about the meeting.......

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I does not matter if it worked. if you try to rob a bank and fail, do they let you go? PP think a tiny bit some times.
    except no one tried to rob a bank or do anything else even remotely against the law.......that's why you look like such a fucking idiot........