Thread: Dear White Evangelicals,

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf Dear White Evangelicals,

First I want to say why I put this here, rather than the "religion" forum.

Because you, well many/most of you are about politics, not religion.

So while you claim to be "Christ like", it aint Jesus you're rePing here, it's trump..

Most, if not all of you won't be convicted, mostly because you are even afraid to read it..

He/she who has ears let them hear

Dear White Evangelicals,
    I need to tell you something: People have had it with you. They’re done. They want nothing to do with you any longer, and here’s why:

They see your hypocrisy, your inconsistency, your incredibly selective mercy, and your thinly veiled supremacy.

For eight years they watched you relentlessly demonize a black President; a man faithfully married for 26 years; a doting father and husband without a hint of moral scandal or the slightest whiff of infidelity. They watched you deny his personal faith convictions, argue his birthplace, and assail his character—all without cause or evidence.

They saw you brandish Scriptures to malign him and use the laziest of racial stereotypes in criticizing him. And through it all, White Evangelicals—you never once suggested that God placed him where he was; you never publicly offered prayers for him and his family; you never welcomed him to your Christian Universities; you never gave him the benefit of the doubt in any instance; you never spoke of offering him forgiveness or mercy; your evangelists never publicly thanked God for his leadership; your pastors never took to the pulpit to offer solidarity with him; you never made any effort to affirm his humanity or show the love of Jesus to him in any quantifiable measure.

You violently opposed him at every single turn—without offering a single ounce of the grace you claim as the heart of your faith tradition. You jettisoned Jesus as you dispensed damnation on him.

And yet you give carte blanche to a white Republican man so riddled with depravity, so littered with extramarital affairs, so unapologetically vile, with such a vast resume of moral filth—that the mind boggles.

And the change in you is unmistakable. It has been an astonishing conversion to behold: a being born again.

With him, you suddenly find religion. With him, you’re now willing to offer full absolution. With him, all is forgiven without repentance or admission.

With him you’re suddenly able to see some invisible, deeply buried heart. With him, sin has become unimportant, compassion no longer a requirement. With him, you see only Providence.

And White Evangelicals, all those people who have had it with you—they see it all clearly.

They recognize the toxic source of your inconsistency.

They see that pigmentation and party are your sole deities.

They see that you aren’t interested in perpetuating the love of God or emulating the heart of Jesus.

They see that you aren’t burdened to love the least, or to be agents of compassion, or to care for your Muslim, gay, African, female, or poor neighbors as yourself.

They see that all you’re really interested in doing, is making a God in your own ivory image and demanding that the world bow down to it. They recognize this all about white, Republican Jesus—not dark-skinned Jesus of Nazareth.

And I know you don’t realize it, but you’re digging your own grave in these days; the grave of your very faith tradition.

Your willingness to align yourself with cruelty is a costly marriage. Yes, you’ve gained a Supreme Court seat, a few months with the Presidency as a mouthpiece, and the cheap high of temporary power—but you’ve lost a whole lot more.

You’ve lost an audience with millions of wise, decent, good-hearted, faithful people with eyes to see this ugliness.

You’ve lost any moral high ground or spiritual authority with a generation. You’ve lost any semblance of Christlikeness. You’ve lost the plot. And most of all you’ve lost your soul.

I know it’s likely you’ll dismiss these words. The fact that you’ve even made your bed with such malevolence, shows how far gone you are and how insulated you are from the reality in front of you.

But I had to at least try to reach you. It’s what Jesus would do.

- Christian Pastor John Pavlovitz

Amen!!!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,700 Times in 27,337 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Should be noted that polling routinely indicates 20 to 25 percent of white Evangelical Protestants affiliate with the Democratic Party.

On the other hand, I do not think we will make significant advances in public education, medical science, and particle physics if we leave things up to bible thumpers.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-22-2020), Jarod (09-24-2020), signalmankenneth (09-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-23-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,846 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Should be noted that polling routinely indicates 20 to 25 percent of white Evangelical Protestants affiliate with the Democratic Party.

On the other hand, I do not think we will make significant advances in public education, medical science, and particle physics if we leave things up to bible thumpers.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Cypress (09-22-2020), signalmankenneth (09-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-23-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks, I am aware of that, but I wonder if the Dem party does..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Yep........

& he was totally right about it.......

He should have confronted reagan when he began gaming falwell sr & the rest........

reagan thought he was gaming them............

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

So while you claim to be "Christ like", it aint Jesus you're rePing here, it's trump..

Most, if not all of you won't be convicted, mostly because you are even afraid to read it..

Dear White Evangelicals,
    I need to tell you something: People have had it with you. They’re done. They want nothing to do with you any longer, and here’s why:

They see your hypocrisy, your inconsistency, your incredibly selective mercy, and your thinly veiled supremacy.

For eight years they watched you relentlessly demonize a black President; a man faithfully married for 26 years; a doting father and husband without a hint of moral scandal or the slightest whiff of infidelity. They watched you deny his personal faith convictions, argue his birthplace, and assail his character—all without cause or evidence.

They saw you brandish Scriptures to malign him and use the laziest of racial stereotypes in criticizing him. And through it all, White Evangelicals—you never once suggested that God placed him where he was; you never publicly offered prayers for him and his family; you never welcomed him to your Christian Universities; you never gave him the benefit of the doubt in any instance; you never spoke of offering him forgiveness or mercy; your evangelists never publicly thanked God for his leadership; your pastors never took to the pulpit to offer solidarity with him; you never made any effort to affirm his humanity or show the love of Jesus to him in any quantifiable measure.

You violently opposed him at every single turn—without offering a single ounce of the grace you claim as the heart of your faith tradition. You jettisoned Jesus as you dispensed damnation on him.

And yet you give carte blanche to a white Republican man so riddled with depravity, so littered with extramarital affairs, so unapologetically vile, with such a vast resume of moral filth—that the mind boggles.

And the change in you is unmistakable. It has been an astonishing conversion to behold: a being born again.

With him, you suddenly find religion. With him, you’re now willing to offer full absolution. With him, all is forgiven without repentance or admission.

With him you’re suddenly able to see some invisible, deeply buried heart. With him, sin has become unimportant, compassion no longer a requirement. With him, you see only Providence.

And White Evangelicals, all those people who have had it with you—they see it all clearly.

They see that you aren’t interested in perpetuating the love of God or emulating the heart of Jesus.

They see that you aren’t burdened to love the least, or to be agents of compassion, or to care for your Muslim, gay, African, female, or poor neighbors as yourself.

They see that all you’re really interested in doing, is making a God in your own ivory image and demanding that the world bow down to it. They recognize this all about white, Republican Jesus—not dark-skinned Jesus of Nazareth.

And I know you don’t realize it, but you’re digging your own grave in these days; the grave of your very faith tradition.

Your willingness to align yourself with cruelty is a costly marriage. Yes, you’ve gained a Supreme Court seat, a few months with the Presidency as a mouthpiece, and the cheap high of temporary power—but you’ve lost a whole lot more.

You’ve lost an audience with millions of wise, decent, good-hearted, faithful people with eyes to see this ugliness.

You’ve lost any moral high ground or spiritual authority with a generation. You’ve lost any semblance of Christlikeness. You’ve lost the plot. And most of all you’ve lost your soul.

I know it’s likely you’ll dismiss these words. The fact that you’ve even made your bed with such malevolence, shows how far gone you are and how insulated you are from the reality in front of you.

Amen!!!!
    I'm an atheist.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    It's always funny to see a loser quote another loser.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-23-2020), Phantasmal (09-23-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-23-2020)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,700 Times in 27,337 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Thanks, I am aware of that, but I wonder if the Dem party does..
    We tend to forget that Jimmy Carter is an evangelical Christian, a trained nuclear engineer, and a practitioner of the liberal social welfare gospel. That is the only way to describe Habitat for Humanity.

The author of the article paints a caricature of evangelicals with too broad a brush in my opinion.

It might be worth making a distinction bewtween Protestant evangelicals, and Protestant fundamentalists.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Jarod (09-24-2020)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

why do people who support the killing of unborn children believe they have standing to criticize anyone's moral standing?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

CFM (09-23-2020)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Dear White Evangelicals,

Amen!!!!
    Another left wing "Christian" that thinks he's God.

Pavlovitz is clearly one of those teaching popular rather than Biblical Christianity.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We tend to forget that Jimmy Carter is an evangelical Christian, a trained nuclear engineer, and a practitioner of the liberal social welfare gospel. That is the only way to describe Habitat for Humanity.

The author of the article paints a caricature of evangelicals with too broad a brush in my opinion.

It might be worth making a distinction bewtween Protestant evangelicals, and Protestant fundamentalists.
    Why don't you pls make the distinction?

I have many times volunteered/worked for Habitat & it is a very wonderful org & group of ppl.........

Never met one person that said they were a Christian... NOT ONE.............. I know many that work/volunteer there, I don't know one that has claimed to be Christian, although I know many of them do believe..

They go, do their thing & let their giving speak, they don't wear it on their sleeves........

They get nothing (although the foreman is usually paid & they farm out some jobs out of necessity), although you could get lucky & get a sandwich, you should not plan on it..

I never heard of a church pushing it, they seem to prefer going to Mexico w/ the kids for a week......... I always thought those ppl there would have needed the thousands of dollars they spent in air fare more than the kid swinging a hammer or sweeping around the place........

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why do people who support the killing of unborn children believe they have standing to criticize anyone's moral standing?......
    You fully support killing you are just playing picky & god..........

Perhaps if you got off your fat ass & helped those pregnant women instead of calling them whores you could answer your own question.......

Point your finger in the mirror.

Write compassion & love above your imagine & pull the log out...............

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Another left wing "Christian" that thinks he's God.

Pavlovitz is clearly one of those teaching popular rather than Biblical Christianity.
    Prove it.............. You assume, back it up devil lover....................

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,422 Times in 53,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mr. and Mrs. Carter are the human beings that I prefer to think of when I think of "true Christians" when it comes to well-known people. All the bank he could have made for his personal wealth as former POTUS, and what he has gained from speaking he's donated to help other ppl. He has worked tirelessly at Habitats for Humanity, as well as brokering peace talks around the world. They truly are the hands of the god(s) here on Earth.

The fake Xtians who post here and elsewhere, and who vote for Satan's step-child Trump, are Satan's hands and mouthpieces here on Earth.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (09-23-2020), Guno צְבִי (09-23-2020), Jarod (09-24-2020)