Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Will the death of R v W kill the Republicans chances?

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Wolverine is the poster boy for opposition to abortion. It's about scoring points with Jesus. He does not care AT ALL about that life once it's born. I guess Jesus doesn't cotton to single moms. The hypocrisy of this position is beyond the pale, especially among anti-vaxxers. They feel they have a right to kill however many people they want because it's THEIR BODY!!!! Unless they are a pregnant woman. Then white men decide.

This law will clearly be allowed to stand. The only question is whether that decision redefines Roe or eliminates it. I suspect the latter. It will be another nail in the GOP coffin. If I was Kavanaugh or Barrett or Gorsuch I would be embarrassed. The right views you as a partisan tool not a Supreme Court Justice. You got the job on the condition you voted their way. It's a sad day.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course what Earl doesn't get is that once Roe is gone, the states will decide. Because Earl is an idiot.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    So do you think the S.Ct will allow the states to set any limit they want... like for example "at conception" or even pre-conception meaning they could legally ban birth control...?
    increments, Jarot......increments......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And it effectively removes a woman's right to an abortion, if heartbeat is the measure. The heartbeat begins as early as 3 weeks, but can't be detected until six or seven weeks. By the time you can determine whether there is a heartbeat, the door is closed. If that's the measure, Roe v Wade is dead.
    sounds great....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Very unlikely. Coat-hangers are very available.
    maybe we should ban them like assault weapons.......if they can be used by kids to kill, shouldn't they be illegal?.......

6. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    2/3rds of Americans want abortion rights to stay. That cannot be helpful to the reds in the midterms.
    perfect time to test it is when 75% of Americans want demmycrats to go.......

7. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Its all about punishing women for being easy for some trumppers.
    its more about punishing lib'ruls for being stupid enough to believe that, than its about punishing women.......

8. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

When does it end?
    It ends when your brain no longer supports your personality.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,403 Times in 9,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It ends when your brain no longer supports your personality.
    So it's not heartbeat? When does a fetuses brain support it's personality?

10. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Concart continually proves why democrats are dumber than fuck.

11. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

We've already covered this. Repeating things constantly because you refuse to read the thread is useless repetition. I have no need for it.

Personally I think we should remove fetuses from mothers who refuse to carry them and work to improve ex utero incubation until we can save even the smallest embryo. Regardless of what I think... to simply answer your question:

Death happens when you are brain dead. It is not the "heartbeat" and hasn't been for a very long time. Your brain stem is not enough to tell us you are alive, it is your brain activity that does. Sometime around 15 to 20 weeks is when the fetus can begin to wonder what fingers are for, at that point, according to how we measure whether you are alive or not at this time (brain activity), you are killing a living person.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,630 Times in 5,138 Posts
    Blog Entries

At about 16 years old, if you are lucky.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Concart (12-03-2021)

14. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

At about 16 years old, if you are lucky.

15. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    We've already covered this. Repeating things constantly because you refuse to read the thread is useless repetition. I have no need for it.

Personally I think we should remove fetuses from mothers who refuse to carry them and work to improve ex utero incubation until we can save even the smallest embryo. Regardless of what I think... to simply answer your question:

Death happens when you are brain dead. It is not the "heartbeat" and hasn't been for a very long time. Your brain stem is not enough to tell us you are alive, it is your brain activity that does. Sometime around 15 to 20 weeks is when the fetus can begin to wonder what fingers are for, at that point, according to how we measure whether you are alive or not at this time (brain activity), you are killing a living person.
    Quit whining. I don't have time to read all the bullshit that's posted here. You get the concept of a message board, right? I would hope so.

See how simple it was just to answer my question? Sorry, I know that would involve you NOT trolling me, but it would still save some time. Or just ignore me. I couldn't give a fuck.

16. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor Concart. Always the "victim". Fucking pussy LMAO!