Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WEREWOLF - A strategic game rooted in debate and logic - INTEREST LIST

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up WEREWOLF - A strategic game rooted in debate and logic - INTEREST LIST

It's been a long time. Shall we have another go?

For those that do not know, Werewolf (also known as 'mafia') is a real time, strategy game that we've played many times on JPP before.

The structure of the game is fairly simple, there are two teams,

Wolves
    Villagers

All the wolves know who their fellow wolf teammates are, but each member of the 'villager' team only know their own identity. It is up to everyone to come together in daily threads and put logical reads together and kill all the wolves. The wolves seek to kill all the villagers.

The gameflow works as follows:

Day Cycle:

Each day, all players will get into a thread, they will debate, argue, and ultimately vote out one of their own. Sometimes the village will be correct, othertimes they'll be mislead by the secret wolf team.

While this might sound like a shot in the dark in the shot term, as the game progresses, villagers will gain more and more information, start to notice vote patterns, start to notice who is herding on who, and towards the end they'll begin to have a bigger and bigger hammerlock on the game.

Night Cycle:

- The wolf team gets to eliminate a village to be taken out of the game in secret.

- One special villager, known as the "Seer" gets to request the true identity of a player in the game. The longer the seer survives, the more information they can deliver to the village to help them in their decision making.

---

The game ends up as a race where the wolves want to kill the seer and strong villagers, and the villagers want to make correct kills.

As mentioned earlier, this game takes place in realtime, so the game will typically play out over about a week.

I wont go into more details then that for now, but needless to say this game is a great way for people of all political persuasions to come together in a common goal. There have been some great games here, and also as many clusterfucks. Be a part of JPP history and lore!

If you don't really know what the fuck I am talking about but it sounds vaguely interesting, sign up and jump in, you spend all your time posting on JPP anyway, so what do you have to lose?

we are looking for a minimum of 13 players, 17 being better. Alternates may also sign up in case of no shows.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask

---

Grind is basically right

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Dude View Post

For those that do not know, Werewolf (also known as 'mafia') is a real time, strategy game that we've played many times on JPP before.

Wolves
    Villagers

All the wolves know who their fellow wolf teammates are, but each member of the 'villager' team only know their own identity. It is up to everyone to come together in daily threads and put logical reads together and kill all the wolves. The wolves seek to kill all the villagers.

Day Cycle:

Each day, all players will get into a thread, they will debate, argue, and ultimately vote out one of their own. Sometimes the village will be correct, othertimes they'll be mislead by the secret wolf team.

While this might sound like a shot in the dark in the shot term, as the game progresses, villagers will gain more and more information, start to notice vote patterns, start to notice who is herding on who, and towards the end they'll begin to have a bigger and bigger hammerlock on the game.

Night Cycle:

- The wolf team gets to eliminate a village to be taken out of the game in secret.

- One special villager, known as the "Seer" gets to request the true identity of a player in the game. The longer the seer survives, the more information they can deliver to the village to help them in their decision making.

---

The game ends up as a race where the wolves want to kill the seer and strong villagers, and the villagers want to make correct kills.

As mentioned earlier, this game takes place in realtime, so the game will typically play out over about a week.

I wont go into more details then that for now, but needless to say this game is a great way for people of all political persuasions to come together in a common goal. There have been some great games here, and also as many clusterfucks. Be a part of JPP history and lore!

If you don't really know what the fuck I am talking about but it sounds vaguely interesting, sign up and jump in, you spend all your time posting on JPP anyway, so what do you have to lose?

we are looking for a minimum of 13 players, 17 being better. Alternates may also sign up in case of no shows.

YES
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (04-09-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask
    Any ideas on how to stop players from cheating, seeing as how we did discover during the last game that there are individuals who can't follow the rules?
    <sending you a PM, regarding this>

Are we going to use sock accounts, again?

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Any ideas on how to stop players from cheating, seeing as how we did discover during the last game that there are individuals who can't follow the rules?

I really just want people to play in good faith. It's just a game.

The people you think cheated last game did not. I am going on record with that.

However if I notice people get out of line, I will use my standard modkill.

---

Grind is basically right

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    <sending you a PM, regarding this>

I think sock accounts are stupid, but if other people have fun with it I wont stand in peoples way

---

Grind is basically right

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think sock accounts are stupid, but if other people have fun with it I wont stand in peoples way
    I like it; because it forces people to try and actually figure out things, without the preconceived perceptions of a player.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Current Roster:

Usfreedom

---

Grind is basically right

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We can disagree on the "cheating" issue from the last game; because one person being a wolf and the other person being a villager, gave an advantage to the one using the other person's account.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Sounds really stupid.
    What is the point?
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonthecat For This Post:

evince (04-09-2018)

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,833 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wolves
    Villagers

Day Cycle:

Night Cycle:

---

Sounds different. Is it just debating politics as usual, with kind of a Survivor twist?

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,833 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wolves
    Villagers

Day Cycle:

Night Cycle:

---

I got nothing, but time. I will try this game out of curiosity.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (04-09-2018)

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    Sounds really stupid.
    What is the point?
    To have some fun.
    Break the monotony.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Sounds different. Is it just debating politics as usual, with kind of a Survivor twist?
    It's not like a fake debate. Basically as the game progress's, the village receives more and more information on the status of people in the game. So for example lets say you and USF are on a wolf team together, and the village votes at the end of the day to kill usf. With USF dying, his role (wolf) will be revealed to the village.

So if captbilly, 3d, watermark, and damocles all voted to (correctly) kill usf, this will make them seem less suspect to others in the game, and thus more likely to be a villager. (as wolves don't usually want to kill their teammates)

Likewise if you jade ends up defending your teammate usf trying to prevent them from being killed, people may be suspicious of you, and deduce you are a wolf teammate of his.

This process repeats throughout the game, and by process of elimination some people will become "Certain/confirmed" villagers which means people are unlikely to vote for them, and some players are going to start standing out more as wolves.

Wolves though are allowed to lie so you can actually kill your own teammates to gain further trust down the road and fool villagers into voting out the wrong people.

It might sound complicated but it's actually very simple. I think you'll like it.

Basically the TLDR is it's a game of incomplete information, and as the game progress either the wolves successfully trick the village into offing themselves, or the villagers correctly deduce who the wolves are and kill them in turn. Whoever's team dies first loses.
    Last edited by BRUTALITOPS; 04-09-2018 at 03:09 AM.

---

Grind is basically right