Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At Thanksgiving, an America of obscene contrasts

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    This stupid China Virus that China tried to cover up and turned loose on the world has left many of us Americans a little heavier than we were a year ago, because our governors (NOT Trump) have all but shut down our states. And the shutdowns are coming again, either state or federal. We'll have to wait and see how all this shit plays out.
    I blame myself for my weight (20 lb.) gain, I could have eaten less since I wasn't as active, but hey, food is good! And when boredom sets in...
    The ‘pandemic’ didn’t cause kids to be hungry, anxious or etc.

Our *response* to the pandemic did all that.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Hoosier Daddy (11-26-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Because they are gutless pussies. It's the responsibility of the Commander-in-Chief to respond to attacks on the United States of America. Why hasn't CiC Trump done this?.....IF what you said was true. If your information was flawed, erroneous or a Trumpian lie, then it's obvious why the Commander in Chief hasn't done shit about it.

you somehow have enough sense to see trump is a gutless pussy, but still so stupid you call European leaders who are obviously more competent and qualified to lead than you could ever be in your whole useless life "gutless" because they will not take military action on China for accidentally allowing a new, highly infectious virus not be contained BEFORE they figured out it was a new, highly infectious virus? god, you are such a loony tune.

4. #18 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Because they are gutless pussies. It's the responsibility of the Commander-in-Chief to respond to attacks on the United States of America. Why hasn't CiC Trump done this?.....IF what you said was true. If your information was flawed, erroneous or a Trumpian lie, then it's obvious why the Commander in Chief hasn't done shit about it.

You see, it's the childish posts you make to me (and often others) that I very rarely respond to you.
    So, are you saying Trump (without the House or Senate's approval) should declare war on China because other nations are pussies?
    You see, your attempts at twisting things far out of proportion is annoying. Don't waste your time responding (I know you just can't
    refuse lol!), I ain't gonna read your silly infantile insults.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. #19 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The ‘pandemic’ didn’t cause kids to be hungry, anxious or etc.

Our *response* to the pandemic did all that.
    Who said anything about kids being hungry or anxious
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who said anything about kids being hungry or anxious
    duh...can you read, much? the first POST IN THIS THREAD, THAT YOU ARE REPLYING TO!! not real swift are ya, sonny?

here ya go, from the VERY FIRST POST-

The non-profit organization Feeding America estimates that by the end of the year, more than 50 million American households could be food insecure -- that is, lacking consistent access to healthy food. That's one in six Americans, and includes some 17 million children -- one in every four American kids.

A study from Northwestern University found that because of the pandemic, "food insecurity has doubled overall, and tripled among households with children." When children are food insecure, they face a host of ills. Their cognitive function is impaired. They are more likely to have asthma and anemia. And, of course, these children (and their parents) are more vulnerable to Covid-19.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-26-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (11-26-2020)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,631 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    you somehow have enough sense to see trump is a gutless pussy, but still so stupid you call European leaders who are obviously more competent and qualified to lead than you could ever be in your whole useless life "gutless" because they will not take military action on China for accidentally allowing a new, highly infectious virus not be contained BEFORE they figured out it was a new, highly infectious virus? god, you are such a loony tune.
    Sorry to offend your sensitive sensibilities again, Ms. Hoosier. In your zeal to come after me, you obviously didn't follow the conversation. After seeing this photo, I can see why.

BTW, congrats on taking First Prize.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You see, it's the childish posts you make to me (and often others) that I very rarely respond to you.
    So, are you saying Trump (without the House or Senate's approval) should declare war on China because other nations are pussies?
    You see, your attempts at twisting things far out of proportion is annoying. Don't waste your time responding (I know you just can't
    refuse lol!), I ain't gonna read your silly infantile insults.
    Awesome. That's what I'm shooting for, so thanks for the feedback.

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that the fucking morons who keep claiming China attacked the US with a virus so deadly it has killed over a quarter of a million Americans and given severe health problems to thousands more are idiots who can't find their asses with both hands.

IF China really did attack us, then why hasn't Trump retaliated? Since Trump hasn't counter-attacked then either Trump is a gutless, incompetent pussy or the Chinese attack never happened. I'm saying the entire idea is just another Trump lie.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry to offend your sensitive sensibilities again, Ms. Hoosier. In your zeal to come after me, you obviously didn't follow the conversation. After seeing this photo, I can see why.

BTW, congrats on taking First Prize.

that's pretty good!! i did not know you could copy a meme you found on the internet so well!! good for you!! you need to print out this page, underline what you just posted in yellow, then post it on the fridge for your mom to see when she gets home!! she will be so proud of you she will burst!! kudos!!

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Awesome. That's what I'm shooting for, so thanks for the feedback.

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that the fucking morons who keep claiming China attacked the US with a virus so deadly it has killed over a quarter of a million Americans and given severe health problems to thousands more are idiots who can't find their asses with both hands.

IF China really did attack us, then why hasn't Trump retaliated? Since Trump hasn't counter-attacked then either Trump is a gutless, incompetent pussy or the Chinese attack never happened. I'm saying the entire idea is just another Trump lie.
    so why the silly ass attack on european leaders who soar over you like an eagle soars over a bunch of maggots feasting on a dead rat in the sewer?

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

that's pretty good!! i did not know you could copy a meme you found on the internet so well!! good for you!! you need to print out this page, underline what you just posted in yellow, then post it on the fridge for your mom to see when she gets home!! she will be so proud of you she will burst!! kudos!!
    so why the silly ass attack on european leaders who soar over you like an eagle soars over a bunch of maggots feasting on a dead rat in the sewer?
    Isn't it a little early to be drinking or are you wellllllll outside of the US time zones?

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    YEAH...THE AMERICANS WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP AND LOVE AMERICA, AND THOSE WHO HATE AMERICA...LIKE YOU.

NOW MAKE SOME RACIST, BIGOTED COMMENT, PER USUAL....
    So you didn't even read the OP. You reacted to the title with partisan nonsense. Stop wasting everyone's time and leave.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Isn't it a little early to be drinking or are you wellllllll outside of the US time zones?
    don't blame me for you not being able to read above a third grade level. did you eat a lot of glue when you were a kid?

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

don't blame me for you not being able to read above a third grade level. did you eat a lot of glue when you were a kid?
    Thank you for, like a few others on this forum, epitomizing why 70% of Americans are not Democrats. Your claims of tolerance and diversity ring hollow every time your post is entirely an ad hominem without any redeeming qualities. Sad.

Meanwhile, back on topic, thanks to Trump's fucking up the COVID response, not only unemployment rate still about 7% with millions of Americans going hungry, but thousands will become sick or die.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    This year, many American families will find gratitude harder to summon heading into the holidays. Unemployment, widespread hunger and unchecked sickness and death are weighing heavily.

The President doesn't seem too worried -- and neither does Wall Street. The Dow went above 30,000 on Tuesday, and then Trump popped out before the cameras to crow about the market's success. It was brief -- just one minute -- but obscene. There is perhaps no greater example of the distortions wrought by the President's reliance on the markets as indicators for American financial well-being than this: A record-high Dow, while record numbers of Americans are hungry.

The non-profit organization Feeding America estimates that by the end of the year, more than 50 million American households could be food insecure -- that is, lacking consistent access to healthy food. That's one in six Americans, and includes some 17 million children -- one in every four American kids.

A study from Northwestern University found that because of the pandemic, "food insecurity has doubled overall, and tripled among households with children." When children are food insecure, they face a host of ills. Their cognitive function is impaired. They are more likely to have asthma and anemia. And, of course, these children (and their parents) are more vulnerable to Covid-19.

Many of us are grateful to have avoided the disease this year. But many others have struggled through sickness -- through damage to their bodies -- and also lost loved ones to Covid-19. It can be hard to feel too grateful for your own health when you know that more than a quarter million of your fellow citizens (maybe people that you knew or loved) have died of coronavirus, and that many of those deaths could have been prevented if our government had taken the threat more seriously and acted as necessary.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/at...on/ar-BB1bmol5
    If you want Guno we can send you our Thanksgiving table scraps if it will help you. Post your address and I'll have the wife scrape the plates into a garbage bag and send it off to you. Hey,.... might not be that bad all mixed up.
    Last edited by Stone; 11-26-2020 at 07:55 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-26-2020)

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why hasn't Europe? Spain? Italy? Etc. reacted? Is it always America's responsibility to militarily respond first (not that Trump probably didn't want to)? America should take the lead and just nuke 'em. You're all in, right?
    Trump would have wanted to hold them responsible financially. Biden will go on another America apology tour, just as soon as he gets his head out of China's ass.
    That obnoxious prick Kerry is saying China will have to do more at COP26, they'll say it's your turn to kowtow, lo fan!