Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biden-not pleased with performance-scatterbrained and sensible?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Biden-not pleased with performance-scatterbrained and sensible?

He is a quantum leap over Trump, but he comes in behind Yang and Klobuchar, but ahead of Harris.

He is sensible at the broad outlines. He will do the right things. He won't be an asshole. He will govern well.
    Still, he is not doing a good job tonight and I'm not impressed.

I will vote for him, I'd prefer the Klobmeister or the Yangster. But I will think about the polls all along the way.

2. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-05-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    He is a quantum leap over Trump, but he comes in behind Yang and Klobuchar, but ahead of Harris.

He is sensible at the broad outlines. He will do the right things. He won't be an asshole. He will govern well.

I will vote for him, I'd prefer the Klobmeister or the Yangster. But I will think about the polls all along the way.
    I'm hoping liberals finally quit apologizing, in so many words, for being liberals

time to move HARD to the Left, send a blue tsunami toward DC and the states

4. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-05-2019)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (09-05-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,604 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 92 Times in 88 Posts

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was that way the entire time. Blood vessel had popped. I think I had that happen once in my 20s

It stays that way for a few weeks then goes away... It doesn't mean he is one cheeseburger from an infarction like the hog in chief

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Where does he think he is today?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-05-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,604 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 92 Times in 88 Posts

Biden's eye fills with blood during CNN climate town hall

Former Vice President Joe Biden's left eye appeared to have a blood vessel burst while he was participating in CNN's town hall on climate change.

Biden, 76, has long been plagued by health issues. In 1988, he suffered an aneurysm that burst and required him to undergo emergency surgery. The then-senator was so close to death that a Catholic priest began preparing to administer the sacrament of last rites.

Months later, surgeons clipped a second aneurysm before it burst. Biden then took a seven-month leave from the Senate following the surgery. He’s described the operation as “they literally had to take the top of my head off.”

Doctors removed a benign polyp during a colonoscopy in 1996. In 2003, Biden had his gallbladder removed. He also suffers from asthma and allergies, and takes a prescription drug to lower his cholesterol. He has also taken medication for an enlarged prostate.

Biden hasn’t disclosed his medical history since 2008 when doctors found he had an irregular heartbeat.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...mate-town-hall

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-05-2019)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Have you ever met another non-bot that likes Klobuchar? At least Yang has a small following, is sometimes talked about, and appears to have qualified for the next round of debates. She averages 0.6% to his 2.4%, and he is ahead of big names like Spartacus and Beta.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Anything to quote?? A link?? Anything??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Have you ever met another non-bot that likes Klobuchar? At least Yang has a small following, is sometimes talked about, and appears to have qualified for the next round of debates. She averages 0.6% to his 2.4%, and he is ahead of big names like Spartacus and Beta.
    What’s interesting to me is this idea of needing to select a candidate who can beat Trump when so many say every single Democrat will beat him. If that’s the case then electability isn’t even an issue, it’s about how progressive a candidate do you prefer.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (09-05-2019)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Have you ever met another non-bot that likes Klobuchar?
    I don't like her, but I think she is the best chance for the dems

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Light years ahead of Trump.

He's responsible, dedicated to the function of the job.

I'd vote for him easily over Trump.

Would rather have Sanders or Warren, or even Williamson, but ready to vote for ANY Dem that wins the nom.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What’s interesting to me is this idea of needing to select a candidate who can beat Trump when so many say every single Democrat will beat him. If that’s the case then electability isn’t even an issue, it’s about how progressive a candidate do you prefer.
    IMHO that is the YUGE mistake they made last time isn't it??

Underestimating your foe can be written off as a blunder, twice is simply stupid.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Light years ahead of Trump.

He's responsible, dedicated to the function of the job.

I'd vote for him easily over Trump.

Would rather have Sanders or Warren, or even Williamson, but ready to vote for ANY Dem that wins the nom.
    Honestly, is their anyone of the 25 +/- dems running/ran that you would not vote for trump over??

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I think what they say is that they'll vote for any candidate over Trump. This allows people with some common sense to make the argument for Biden. I think a moderate Dem is actually less electable than a hard progressive, because you lose the Bernie Bros in that case.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think what they say is that they'll vote for any candidate over Trump. This allows people with some common sense to make the argument for Biden. I think a moderate Dem is actually less electable than a hard progressive, because you lose the Bernie Bros in that case.
    You don't lose them if you put Bernie, Harris or Warren on the tix..