Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    Eastwood said he was disgusted by young Americans today who were nothing but (quote) " a bunch of kiss-ass pussies"
    Tough words from a self professed Korean War hero, and he wouldn't lie about that would he?
    Actually, he received no awards, but he did serve on the frontline?
    No, he served in America, but he did some sort of dangerous work?
    No, he was a life guard at a pool, but it had to be some sort of military training pool?
    No, it was a pool for officers' children to swim in, but it was required that a soldier do it right?
    No, the teen who had that position before him was a part time "civilian employee". The job always went to a local teen willing to work for minimum wage, except for the brief period that Eastwood used it to avoid going to war.

Eastwood is a good actor, but he is not a real hero. The real heroes are the young soldiers leaving the military today having done four and five combat tours. A friend of mine did six combat tours. Eastwood sat by a pool.

3. The Following 2 Users Groan At Walt For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-18-2020), Matt Dillon (10-17-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    lol!! He was the kook who talked to any empty chair at the 2012 republican convention,

Aug 31, 2012 — Actor Clint Eastwood talks to an empty chair during his address to the Republican ... "I know even some of the people in your party were disappointed you didn't close Gitmo," the Guantanamo prison. ... "Clint Eastwood is now backstage arguing with a vending machine," joked ... Like what you see here?

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Electi...NC-performance
    guno says Clint Eastwood is "A Kook"

In my life, Clint Eastwood is kicking ass, and guno I give less than 2 shits in a row about

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

What I read said "recently endorsed. In any case, Clint Eastwood would say exactly the same thing today. He has very firm and stable conservative political views.

Dachshund
    Last I knew he was endorsing Bloomberg but that was way back in February.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Tough words from a self professed Korean War hero, and he wouldn't lie about that would he?
    No, he was a life guard at a pool, but it had to be some sort of military training pool?
    No, it was a pool for officers' children to swim in, but it was required that a soldier do it right?
    No, the teen who had that position before him was a part time "civilian employee". The job always went to a local teen willing to work for minimum wage, except for the brief period that Eastwood used it to avoid going to war.

Eastwood is a good actor, but he is not a real hero. The real heroes are the young soldiers leaving the military today having done four and five combat tours. A friend of mine did six combat tours. Eastwood sat by a pool.
    Fucking arsehole, his real story is readily accessible by all! Stop being such a fucking prick!

https://www.military.com/veteran-job...-eastwood.html

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    From Geeko's link:

02-22-20

LOS ANGELES — Longtime Republican Clint Eastwood is pulling support from Donald Trump in the 2020 election. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the actor-director signaled that he thinks a different candidate would be the better choice.

"The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there," he said.

After endorsing Mitt Romney and famously delivering a speech at the 2012 Republican National Convention to an empty chair that represented Barack Obama, Eastwood never officially backed Trump. In a 2016 interview, he expressed displeasure with Trump and Hillary Clinton, saying there's "much funny business on both sides of the aisle."

He praised Trump at the time because he was "onto something" and "secretly everybody's getting tired of political correctness, kissing up."

"We're really in a p---- generation. Everybody's walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren't called racist," he said.

Now, he's changed his tune a bit on Trump.

While he approves of "certain things" the president has done, he wishes that he would act "in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level," he said.
    If Horizontal Harris ever gets her hands on real power then he'll see political correctness on steroids. They'll get pretty damn sick of her quick enough I'd say.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He'd kick your arse quick enough Salty.

Drafted into the Army during the war in Korea, Eastwood was sent to Ft. Ord in California for basic training. He lucked into a job as a swimming instructor and remained at Ft. Ord. He worked nights and weekends as a bouncer at the NCO club.

On a trip home to Seattle to visit his parents and girlfriend, Eastwood caught a ride aboard a Navy plane at Moffett Field. On the ride back aboard a Navy torpedo bomber, the plane developed engine trouble and was forced to make a water landing off San Francisco. Eastwood was forced to swim over a mile through the tide to shore.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I like many of his roles but you are correct, he's an actor..

He plays a bad ass, that does not make him one..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

After graduation, he was a lumberjack/forest fighter in Oregon and a steelworker in Seattle. He got a job as a swimming instructor in the Army and a bouncer at the NCO club before he got into movies. He even had to swim over a mile ashore against the tide when the plane he hitched a ride on a Navy torpedo bomber which developed engine trouble. So yeh he was bad arse alright!

Last edited by cancel2 2022; 10-18-2020 at 01:32 AM.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Apparently 'Dirty Harry' earned the recognition of being dirty at endorsing the COVID-45 tRump murder and genocide of over 200,000 Americans, in particular, and crawling up the lawlessly hacked in Putin puppet sh!tty ass of tRump who is no real president but a imposter, fool and treasonous POS for any sucker that would claim this lawlessly hacked in 45 imposter as a so-called president which is un Constitutional. Well I hope 'Dirty Harry' enjoys following hell bound tRump all the way to hell upon his body and soul.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Surely it is past time to cancel Clint.

I mean is now hear stories of guys made to quit their jobs because their wives openly support Trump on Facebook.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Fucking arsehole, his real story is readily accessible by all! Stop being such a fucking prick!

He lucked into a job as a swimming instructor and remained at Ft. Ord. He worked nights and weekends as a bouncer at the NCO club.
    Same story.

14. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-18-2020)

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are two great actors who can shoot a gun without blinking. Normal humans blink when a gun goes off, which does not look good on a movie gun fighter. According to gun prop people, those two actors are Yul Brynner and Clint Eastwood. They also relate how both looked great with a gun, but were basically useless with them. Guns tended to fall out of their hands, which is bad for a real gun fighter, and they lack the ability to hit anything.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    OP is a lie. There's no evidence Eastwood has recently endorsed Trump.

The "kiss-ass pussies" comment dates back to 2016.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...eneration.html

Please provide proof your OP is correct, Dachshund, or be known as a liar.
    So what if he does? Does it really matter? Doesn't anyone remember this nonsense?

BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

17. The Following User Groans At Cinnabar For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-18-2020)

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

What I read said "recently endorsed. In any case, Clint Eastwood would say exactly the same thing today. He has very firm and stable conservative political views.

Dachshund
    "Would say."

People with firm and stable conservative political views have come to see that Trump isn't that, isn't close to being that. He's only the sort of characterless politico would
    say anything he thought might work for him.