Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, J Craft, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, CFM, DBCooper, Lightbringer, chink, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, excommunicated, AnnieOakley, Tommatthews, Q-Tip, volsrock, Grugore, Rob Larrikin, BodyDouble, ptif219, fandango, United76America, Into the Night, Tkaffen, gfm7175 and Enlightened One

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show your Racism in Public = Get Your Ass Fired

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    This is how it is supposed to work ( you are an idiot, society disowns you). We need more of it.
    Shame is an outstanding social change tool. Trump is supremely popular with a certain segment because he lacks it. He enhances a lack of shame in his worshipers. It's good your not one.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Agreed. But the issue my friend brought up was with black folk. America's history with race is obviously black and white. But at these Silicon Valley tech firms you have large numbers of Asians, Indians and Middle Easterners. Maybe the racism my friend spoke about is coming from those people, I'm not sure.
    No he’s probably talking about the isolation from their peers that they feel. I also see it happen where others assume a black coworker has a menial position and then act surprised that a black coworker is a qualified professional.

Our manager of our IT department at work is black. He’s 6’7” with Dreds and two gold eye teeth and tattoos all over his arms. He has an IT degree from Stanford but talks, shall we say black urban, in casual conversation. The guy is brilliant.

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen the white preppy types make complete asses of themselves talking to him. They talk to him either like he’s a six year old or a janitor. The worst part is they don’t realize they’re being dicks. He ignores them of course but you can tell it bothers him.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cawacko (11-10-2018)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You can pretty much see why the rightwing posters who have an affinity for writing about "n*ggers", cunts, and wetbacks can only muster the courage to do so from the safety of an anonymous keyboard.
    You do realize most of those posters on this board, and many others, are liberal SJWs posing as "conservatives", right? And, to be fair, I believe some right wingers also pose as radical "libs". I am convinced guno is one of those.

Sooooo, when's Don Lemon getting fired?

Did you know Cesar Chavez referred to illegal Mexican aliens as "wetbacks"? He did, back in the day, when Democrats actually cared about illegal immigration.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Hospital worker fired after wearing Confederate shirt with noose to polls

A hospital worker from Mississippi went viral this week — and is now jobless — thanks to his outfit choice on Election Day.
    Clayton Hickey, of Olive Branch, thought it would be a good idea to wear a Confederate flag T-shirt with a noose and the words “Mississippi Justice” emblazoned on the front.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/hospit...oose-to-polls/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (11-11-2018)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    No he’s probably talking about the isolation from their peers that they feel. I also see it happen where others assume a black coworker has a menial position and then act surprised that a black coworker is a qualified professional.

Our manager of our IT department at work is black. He’s 6’7” with Dreds and two gold eye teeth and tattoos all over his arms. He has an IT degree from Stanford but talks, shall we say black urban, in casual conversation. The guy is brilliant.

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen the white preppy types make complete asses of themselves talking to him. They talk to him either like he’s a six year old or a janitor. The worst part is they don’t realize they’re being dicks. He ignores them of course but you can tell it bothers him.
    Is there a class white people can take to learn not to be so white?

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,740 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you ask most/all of the workers at the tech firms they would say they aren't racist. So clearly there is a disconnect. I'm not sure what the answer is
    they are people like you who don't think they are racist but are racists

9. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

tinfoil (11-11-2018)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,740 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    You do realize most of those posters on this board, and many others, are liberal SJWs posing as "conservatives", right? And, to be fair, I believe some right wingers also pose as radical "libs". I am convinced guno is one of those.

Did you know Cesar Chavez referred to illegal Mexican aliens as "wetbacks"? He did, back in the day, when Democrats actually cared about illegal immigration.

dear fucking idiot ,

he was talking about the striking legal farm workers were being replaced by the wealthy farmers with Illegal workers.

fuck you very much

note he had to define the term for the reporter because it was WHAT THE OWNERS were calling those workers

people didn't KNOW that term yet asshole

fuck you very much

11. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Cypress (11-11-2018)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    dear fucking idiot ,

he was talking about the striking legal farm workers were being replaced by the wealthy farmers with Illegal workers.

fuck you very much

note he had to define the term for the reporter because it was WHAT THE OWNERS were calling those workers

people didn't KNOW that term yet asshole

fuck you very much
    He opposed illegal immigration, and referred to illegal Mexican aliens as wetbacks. Period, end of story.

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not a class per se, just getting out and living a full life works wonders.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There needs to be a class libs can take to learn how overcome their obsession with skin color. It's not healthy.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He opposed illegal immigration, and referred to illegal Mexican aliens as wetbacks. Period, end of story.
    So he was pushing for the same things as Don?

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, idiots.

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There needs to be a class libs can take to learn how overcome their obsession with skin color. It's not healthy.
    Can't you do that as a person in recovery?

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,824 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

This is a far right board. You are just so deep into the right, that other rightys look left to you.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

I’ll forgive the sarcasm but these differences exist in any situation where groups of different backgrounds need to work cooperatively. The greater the disparity between groups in numbers the greater the sense of isolation and alienation the minority stake holders feel.

So yea... there is training, planning and strategies that can be implemented to improve awareness and change behavior.

How do you think I know this? It’s from training I received at work that all employees, including senior management take.

I’ve certainly never thought of myself as racist and I doubt that my marriage to an Asian woman would have lasted 14 years if I were but in terms of understanding what behaviors can be offensive and which are not I learned a lot from that training at work.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I’ll forgive the sarcasm but these differences exist in any situation where groups of different backgrounds need to work cooperatively. The greater the disparity between groups in numbers the greater the sense of isolation and alienation the minority stake holders feel.

So yea... there is training, planning and strategies that can be implemented to improve awareness and change behavior.

How do you think I know this? It’s from training I received at work that all employees, including senior management take.

I’ve certainly never thought of myself as racist and I doubt that my marriage to an Asian woman would have lasted 14 years if I were but in terms of understanding what behaviors can be offensive and which are not I learned a lot from that training at work.
    I don't disagree. My last firm had maybe 30 people but at least 8 were from different countries. We were like the U.N. We had one black girl in the group. Her team consisted of seven people. She was American and the rest were from either India or the Middle East. But to your point lots of different cultures coming together.

Can "sensitivity training" make people more aware? I don't know, having gone through multiple sessions of it I'm skeptical but maybe studies show they work.