2. Learn some real history.
    Fake history
    Anne Frank

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,637 Times in 10,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Joe biden's family has a slave-owning past guess you won't be voting for him if he runs ..Negro

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,637 Times in 10,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    There were some Jews that traded slaves, but they did not dominate the trade. Farrakhan is wrong.
    Jews owned many slave ships.. and auctions were not held to interfere with holy days or shabbat.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Frank View Post
    Fake history
    Nope.. its true.. Jews who had fled Spain to the Netherlands signed on for sugar plantations in Recif Brazil.. They imported slave labor and brought the first slaves to New Amsterdam.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Frank View Post
    Lol
    Jewish Involvement In
    Black Slave Trade
    To The Americas

By Rabbi Marc Lee Raphael
    2-24-6

The following passages are from Dr. Raphael's book Jews and Judaism in the United States: A Documentary History (New York: Behrman House, Inc., Pub, 1983), pp. 14, 23-25.

"Jews also took an active part in the Dutch colonial slave trade; indeed, the bylaws of the Recife and Mauricia congregations (1648) included an imposta (Jewish tax) of five soldos for each Negro slave a Brazilian Jew purchased from the West Indies Company. Slave auctions were postponed if they fell on a Jewish holiday. In Curacao in the seventeenth century, as well as in the British colonies of Barbados and Jamaica in the eighteenth century, Jewish merchants played a major role in the slave trade. In fact, in all the American colonies, whether French (Martinique), British, or Dutch, Jewish merchants frequently dominated.

"This was no less true on the North American mainland, where during the eighteenth century Jews participated in the 'triangular trade' that brought slaves from Africa to the West Indies and there exchanged them for molasses, which in turn was taken to New England and converted into rum for sale in Africa. Isaac Da Costa of Charleston in the 1750's, David Franks of Philadelphia in the 1760's, and Aaron Lopez of Newport in the late 1760's and early 1770's dominated Jewish slave trading on the American continent."

Dr. Raphael discusses the central role of the Jews in the New World commerce and the African slave trade (pp. 23-25):

SEVENTEENTH AND EIGHTEENTH CENTURIES JEWISH INTER-ISLAND TRADE: CURACAO, 1656

continued

https://rense.com/general69/invo.htm

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (01-06-2019)

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    A definite whiff of barely-disguised anti-Semitism rearing up on the thread.

I frequently elicit howls of protest from conservatives if I dare mention there is a strain of virulent anti-Semitism in the right wing.

But then threads like this come along to prove me right.
    The truth isn't anti-semitic.. It just is. The history of the Sugar Jews is fascinating and well documented in the archives in the Netherlands and in Brazil.. Prince Mauritz of Nassau removed all religious barriers.. Slave trading was an important feature of Jewish economic life in the New World.

Name Of Slave Ships And Their Owners:

The 'Abigail-Caracoa' - Aaron Lopez, Moses Levy, Jacob Crown
    Isaac Levy and Nathan Simpson

The'Nassau' - Moses Levy

The 'Four Sisters' - Moses Levy

The 'Anne' & The 'Eliza' - Justus Bosch and John Abrams

The 'Prudent Betty' - Henry Cruger and Jacob Phoenix

The 'Hester' - Mordecai and David Gomez

The 'Elizabeth' - Mordecai and David Gomez

The 'Antigua' - Nathan Marston and Abram Lyell

The 'Betsy' - Wm. De Woolf

The 'Polly' - James De Woolf

The 'White Horse' - Jan de Sweevts

The 'Expedition' - John and Jacob Roosevelt

The 'Charlotte' - Moses and Sam Levy and Jacob Franks

The 'Franks' - Moses and Sam Levy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,716 Times in 27,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    The truth isn't anti-semitic.. It just is. The history of the Sugar Jews is fascinating and well documented in the archives in the Netherlands and in Brazil.. Prince Mauritz of Nassau removed all religious barriers.. Slave trading was an important feature of Jewish economic life in the New World.

Name Of Slave Ships And Their Owners:

The 'Abigail-Caracoa' - Aaron Lopez, Moses Levy, Jacob Crown
    Isaac Levy and Nathan Simpson

The'Nassau' - Moses Levy

The 'Four Sisters' - Moses Levy

The 'Anne' & The 'Eliza' - Justus Bosch and John Abrams

The 'Prudent Betty' - Henry Cruger and Jacob Phoenix

The 'Hester' - Mordecai and David Gomez

The 'Elizabeth' - Mordecai and David Gomez

The 'Antigua' - Nathan Marston and Abram Lyell

The 'Betsy' - Wm. De Woolf

The 'Polly' - James De Woolf

The 'White Horse' - Jan de Sweevts

The 'Expedition' - John and Jacob Roosevelt

The 'Charlotte' - Moses and Sam Levy and Jacob Franks

The 'Franks' - Moses and Sam Levy
    The fact that jews were involved in slaving has nothing to do with my post.

Christians, Jews, Muslims, whites and blacks all have been involved in the slave trade over the centuries it existed..

I objected to the premise that the African slave trade was "primarily" because of Jews.

I do not accept the laying of blame for the Atlantic slave trade "primarily" at the feet of the Jews.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The fact that jews were involved in slaving has nothing to do with my post.

Christians, Jews, Muslims, whites and blacks all have been involved in the save trade over the centuries it existed..

I objected to the premise that the African slave trade was "primarily" because of Jews.

I do not accept the laying of blame for the Atlantic slave trade "primarily" at the feet of the Jews.
    The reason I know about this is because my ancestors were Dutch seamen and ship's captains working for the Dutch West Indies company so I have read a lot of old documents including ship's manifests.

When the Sugar Jews went to Brazil the local labor pool had died of disease, been killed in fighting or just run off so they imported labor from West Africa. The Dutch were in an economic war with Spain and Portugal at the time.

Jews or Crypto Jews who had been expelled from Spain and Portugal were very involved in the transAtlantic slave trade... They owned a lot of slave ships and had stock in the company.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    STFU, Nazi. You don't know what you are talking about.
    Says the guy who kissed Hitler on the lips
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jews owned many slave ships.. and auctions were not held to interfere with holy days or shabbat.
    Really trying to sell it there Himmler!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    Really trying to sell it there Himmler!
    My ancestors were Dutch sea captains.. I have studied this stuff. Remember that New Amsterdam passed from Dutch to English control.. Same thing happened in Recif, Brazil.. Some 15 Jewish sugar plantation owners left for New Amsterdam and brought some African slaves with them.

The first Jewish settlement in what became the United States was in Dutch New Amsterdam, which is now known as New York City. The first significant group of Jews to come to New York, then the colony New Amsterdam, came in September 1654 as refugees from Recife, Brazil.

History of the Jews in New York - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...ws_in_New_York

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,716 Times in 27,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

The reason I know about this is because my ancestors were Dutch seamen and ship's captains working for the Dutch West Indies company so I have read a lot of old documents including ship's manifests.

When the Sugar Jews went to Brazil the local labor pool had died of disease, been killed in fighting or just run off so they imported labor from West Africa. The Dutch were in an economic war with Spain and Portugal at the time.

Jews or Crypto Jews who had been expelled from Spain and Portugal were very involved in the transAtlantic slave trade... They owned a lot of slave ships and had stock in the company.
    Yes, I have no doubt jewish people were involved in slaving during the 5,000 years of recorded history.

As were Muslims, and Christians.

But I am not going to let a statement that the Jews were "primarily" responsible for the slave trade stand unchallenged.

I am not a trained historian, but I have decades under my belt of taking history classes, reading history books, watching history documentaries, and listening to trained historians. And I have never once heard, not a single time, from a body of credible sources that the Jewish people were "primarily" responsible for the Atlantic slave trade.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-06-2019)

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, I have no doubt jewish people were involved in slaving during the 5,000 years of recorded history.

As were Muslims, and Christians.

But I am not going to let a statement that the Jews were "primarily" responsible for the slave trade stand unchallenged.

I am not a trained historian, but I have decades under my belt of taking history classes, reading history books, watching history documentaries, and listening to trained historians. And I have never once heard, not a single time, from a body of credible sources that the Jewish people were "primarily" responsible for the Atlantic slave trade.

We are talking about the TransAtlantic slave trade.. not slavery since the beginning of history.

The Sugar Jews exported sugar and rum. The return trips brought slaves.

In 1654, 23 refugee men, women and children fleeing from the former Dutch colony of Recife, Brazil, landed in New Amsterdam.

These Brazilian Jews were the descendants of perhaps 5,000 Jews who had been living in Recife, most of them secretly, since the mid-1500s.

The Dutch captured portions of Brazil from the Portuguese in 1624, and some neo-Christians openly returned to the practice of their Jewish faith.

When Portugal recaptured Brazil in 1654, these Jews feared the introduction of the Inquisition and fled. They were probably on their way back to Amsterdam after a stop in Jamaica when their ship was attacked by a Spanish privateer who stripped them of their valuables.

A return to Europe was now out of the question. The refugees then made a deal with the ship’s captain, Jacques de la Mothe, to take them to New Amsterdam, which they thought would be a hospitable destination.

This was a one-sided bargain, struck in distress, and when the ship landed in New Amsterdam, De la Mothe filed suit against his passengers for failure to pay the balance of their passage. Peter Stuyvesant (1592-1672), the Dutch colonial governor with an anti-Semitic reputation, seized the Jews’ meager possessions and ordered them sold at auction. When this failed to raise enough to meet their debts, he jailed two members of the group and wrote to the Dutch West India Company in Amsterdam, asking permission to expel the Jews.

Stuyvesant noted that the Jews’ indigence might make them a burden on the community and told the company that he “deemed it useful to require them in a friendly way to depart.”