Thread: "Bible literalists"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default "Bible literalists"

I saw this term in another thread. Who does this refer to?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

People who view everything written to be completely literally to have occurred. Ex on that first day God created...
    A day being 24 hours etc.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    it fluctuates.....nobody believes that every word in the Bible is literally true, even those that claim they do.......if you ask them if the verse that says "the cattle on a thousand hills proclaim that they are the Lords" you can ask them if that means the cattle on hill #1001 aren't the Lords or simply that they aren't talking they say "well, not THAT literal!"......

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

this term is no doubt developed in order for the damned antichrists to mischaracterize, impugn, slander and persecute those which be of Christ. it is that same spirit of antichrist/ cain hates abel and wishes to do the will of his father the devil and kill abel. abel obtained righteousnss through faith. the damned cannot obtain righteousness through all of their self willed works of righteousness; they are indeed damned. the bible is literal, always in context and rightly dividing the word of truth. it is not intended for the damned. it is the book for the living and the living love the words of that one and only holy book.
    Last edited by iewitness; 02-10-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    this term is no doubt developed in order for the damned antichrists to mischaracterize, impune, slander and persecute those which be of Christ. it is that same spirit of antichrist/ cain hates abel and wishes to do the will of his father the devil and kill abel. abel obtained righteousnss through faith. the damned cannot obtain righteousness through all of their self willed works of righteousness; they are indeed damned. the bible is literal, always in context and rightly dividing the word of truth. it is not intended for the damned. it is the book for the living and the living love the words of that one and only holy book.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Minister of Truth (02-10-2017)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Me.
    how old is the earth?

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

how old is the earth?
    How long is God's day ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

leaningright (02-12-2017)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    How long is God's day ?
    Answer my question first.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    this term is no doubt developed in order for the damned antichrists to mischaracterize, impugn, slander and persecute those which be of Christ. it is that same spirit of antichrist/ cain hates abel and wishes to do the will of his father the devil and kill abel. abel obtained righteousnss through faith. the damned cannot obtain righteousness through all of their self willed works of righteousness; they are indeed damned. the bible is literal, always in context and rightly dividing the word of truth. it is not intended for the damned. it is the book for the living and the living love the words of that one and only holy book.
    Okay gomer...
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernRacist View Post
    The BuyBull is a work of fiction......
    Yes, we know Pimple...We know...
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

John of Patmos. Now there was a worker. Whilst not far away, Sappho and the girls frolicked in delirium. The Oroville Dam literally groans in irony.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badger2 View Post
    John of Patmos. Now there was a worker. Whilst not far away, Sappho and the girls frolicked in delirium. The Oroville Dam literally groans in irony.
    Where's badger 1 and badger 3?

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

There is no such thing as a bible literalist, there are only people that pick and choose bible references for a wide variety of reasons. Of course you knew this, the term though comes to mean 'I am more religious or better than you, because I follow the bible'. It is oddly similar to a constitutional originalist, another baloney excuse for personal interpretation or in reality bias and bigotry if viewed honestly. I once got so tired of hearing religious people act like they were religious based on scripture I collected a few verses for them to follow.

Repost

Chick fil a, We appreciate your intolerant and narrow minded bigotry, Americans are always intolerant for a while, you know all the native Americans massacred, or WWII intolerance, or race intolerance, or feminist intolerance, or alcohol intolerance, or religious intolerance, we Americans eventually get over our intolerance, sometimes it takes years, sometimes a hundred years, and sometimes it just fades into a corner somewhere and only pops out when needed.

But in order for you nice freedom loving bigots to justify your intolerance you use only part of your book, time you stood up and followed all of it. See below for help.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit." Interesting, let's see if we can follow this Holy Book on family relations and whatnot? Why stop at hating gay people, who made them anyway, let's go all the way.

Great way to get rid of lots of congressmen.
    "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

How old does this have to be enforced at? Lots of children swing at their parents when little? Any age limit in that book on the family? My granddaughter whacked me good at 14 months, maybe grandpas are excluded? "Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Jeez, this sure would control the population, my brother and his partner of twenty five years may complain though.
    "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Thank goodness only priest's daughter get the hot seat.
    "A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Is it OK if you marry the bitch after fornication or does that count too? Maybe kill each other? Anyone know.
    "But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

These Bible folks sound a bit like Union organizers? No work on Sunday, huh. Imagine the stampede at Walmart after the loud speaker announcement.
    "The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'" (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Is this retroactively possible? I mean suppose you find out after the sons have flew the coup? Is it necessary to track them down?
    "Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"Abraham had two wives, Sarah and her handmaiden Hagar. King Solomon had 700 wives, plus 300 concubines and slaves. Jacob, the patriarch who gives Israel its name, had two wives and two concubines. In a humanist vein, Exodus 21:10 warns that when men take additional wives, they must still provide for their previous one. (Exodus 21:16 adds that if a man seduces a virgin and has sex with her, he has to marry her, too.)"

All around good advice? Sounds a little nutty to me but maybe that's just me?
    "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire