Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Lied Again: Coal Train Will Not Roll Until Miners Made Whole. "No Pay We Stay."

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Lied Again: Coal Train Will Not Roll Until Miners Made Whole. "No Pay We Stay."

Trump says 'the coal industry is back.' The government's jobs numbers say otherwise.

"The protest, which has remained peaceful, began Monday after a train was seen going onto property of Blackjewel, the mine operator that filed for bankruptcy without warning on July 1.
    Word quickly spread through the community around Cumberland, a town of about 2,200 in Harlan County in southeastern Kentucky. Dozens of miners began showing up to block the tracks -- angry that they mined the coal, but didn't get paid for the work.

"We're doing without money, food and everything else before our kids are starting back to school. We can't even get clothes or nothing else for them, so it was like a kick in the face," miner Chris Rowe told CNN affiliate WYMT. "That's basically what it was."

"We get our money, this load of coal that's on this train can go by," miner Shane Smith told WYMT. "But until then, there'll be no trains coming in, there'll be no trains going out," "

"A CSX train remains blocked my #blackjewelprotest as it sits fully loaded on a Harlan County railroad track. The miners insist they’re not moving until they get paid."

""The miners showed up [for work] one day and the gates were locked with no notice," the mayor said."

No Pay We Stay

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-21-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-31-2019), reagansghost (07-31-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump says 'the coal industry is back.' The government's jobs numbers say otherwise.

"The protest, which has remained peaceful, began Monday after a train was seen going onto property of Blackjewel, the mine operator that filed for bankruptcy without warning on July 1.
    Word quickly spread through the community around Cumberland, a town of about 2,200 in Harlan County in southeastern Kentucky. Dozens of miners began showing up to block the tracks -- angry that they mined the coal, but didn't get paid for the work.

"We're doing without money, food and everything else before our kids are starting back to school. We can't even get clothes or nothing else for them, so it was like a kick in the face," miner Chris Rowe told CNN affiliate WYMT. "That's basically what it was."

"We get our money, this load of coal that's on this train can go by," miner Shane Smith told WYMT. "But until then, there'll be no trains coming in, there'll be no trains going out," "

"A CSX train remains blocked my #blackjewelprotest as it sits fully loaded on a Harlan County railroad track. The miners insist they’re not moving until they get paid."

""The miners showed up [for work] one day and the gates were locked with no notice," the mayor said."

No Pay We Stay

Of course.....the 4-5% rate of unemployment in these coal producing states....down from the 9-10% realized over the entire length of a BHO administration, IS JUST AN ILLUSION. The left wing propaganda is real, it must be, THE PEOPLE never rejected failed democrat policies, TRUMP only won because of RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA....just like Mueller proved,...err..my bad, Mueller could not prove, but a democrat congress is GOING TO PROVE at some time in the future when they are finished LOOKING for a crime to pin on the Teflon Don.

Left wing propaganda did not work in 2016...what makes you assume anything has changed in the new world of instant communication where the propaganda can be debunked as soon as it appears? The mainstream media......the propaganda wing of the DNC, no longer controls with a monopoly the talking points. Research and instant messaging is just a mouse click away. The DINO days of the BIG 3 are over, forever EXTINCT. The talking heads like "CRONKITE" can no longer dictate state policy simply by presenting their one sided opinions.

The Vietnam War is the only war in history where the US never lost a single battle they engaged....but lost the war effort due to media interference. If the CRONKITES of the world had been allowed free reign in WW2......after the 1st day of media reporting at Normandy.....the US would have withdrawn and we the people would be speaking English as a second language right now...with Deutsch/German being the primary state language.
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-31-2019 at 07:47 AM.

5. The Following User Groans At Ralph For This Awful Post:

Gonzomin (08-30-2019)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Callinectes (08-25-2019), Earl (08-21-2019), Truth Detector (08-29-2019)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

No Pay We Stay

trump country, so where is Mitch?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Of course.....the 4-5% rate of unemployment in these coal producing states....down from the 9-10% realized over the entire length of a BHO administration, IS JUST AN ILLUSION. The left wing propaganda is real, it must be, THE PEOPLE never rejected failed democrat policies, TRUMP only won because of RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA....just like Mueller proved,...err..my bad, Mueller could not prove, but a democrat congress is GOING TO PROVE at some time in the future when they are finished LOOKING for a crime to pin on the Teflon Don.

Left wing propaganda did not work in 2016...what makes you assume anything has changed in the new world of instant communication where the propaganda can be debunked as soon as it appears? The mainstream media......the propaganda wing of the DNC, no longer controls with a monopoly the talking points. Research and instant messaging is just a mouse click away. The DINO days of the BIG 3 are over, forever EXTINCT.
    We are doing without money, food and everything else before our kids are starting back to school. We can't even get clothes or nothing else for them, so it was like a kick in the face," miner Chris Rowe told CNN affiliate WYMT.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-31-2019), reagansghost (07-31-2019)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Blackjewel failed to pay them for weeks of hard work and the way the company filed for bankruptcy prevents miners from accessing their 401ks, making it even harder for them to feed their families during this trying time,"

MAGA

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-02-2019)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Left wing propaganda did not work in 2016...what makes you assume anything has changed in the new world of instant communication where the propaganda can be debunked as soon as it appears? The mainstream media......the propaganda wing of the DNC, no longer controls with a monopoly the talking points. Research and instant messaging is just a mouse click away. The DINO days of the BIG 3 are over, forever EXTINCT. The talking heads like "CRONKITE" can no longer dictate state policy simply by presenting their one sided opinions.

The Vietnam War is the only war in history where the US never lost a single battle they engaged....but lost the war effort due to media interference. If the CRONKITES of the world had been allowed free reign in WW2......after the 1st day of media reporting at Normandy.....the US would have withdrawn and we the people would be speaking English as a second language right now...with Deutsch/German being the primary state language.

And this has what to do with the news posted and them not getting paid ?

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

if you didn't just make this shit up off the top of your head you're a full blown kook

15. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-21-2019)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-31-2019)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    We are doing without money, food and everything else before our kids are starting back to school. We can't even get clothes or nothing else for them, so it was like a kick in the face," miner Chris Rowe told CNN affiliate WYMT.
    Sounds like a "personal" problem.....and a great tear jerker propaganda piece for the leftists. What's next, rolling out crippled children unto the stage begging for more stim cell research by using aborted children for research? Its another dog and pony show. This is the same left wing hit piece concerning those who were taken in by a large mining corporation, that pieced together several already bankrupt pieces of mining property, already non viable and worked out....combining the properties together the operator then pretended to open a viable mine from the pieced together properties.

Reality: It was a con by the huge multi-conglomerate corporation to take advantage of the many TAX LOOPHOLES THAT CONGRESS REFUESES TO ADDERESS.....this mine was never viable and never expected to produce anything but a TAX WRITEOFF in order to recoup some of the loses once the properties were mined out. Your major problem? It was the miners income that was being redistributed instead of the taxpaying mining corporation.

Tear Jerking will not work for the gullible who fell for the con, hook, line, and sinker. (the majority of which were young and unexperienced miners..that took the bait) If you want this kind of activity to cease.....reform the tax system instead of allowing the politicians to take kick backs from the many lobbyists that live off the backs of the gullible and the corrupt.

Live and learn. Go get another job.....if you don't have a job in this economy its because you don't want to work. Stop slinging snot and blaming the world for your problem, hitch up your belt and go find a job of which there are many.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Earl (08-21-2019), Truth Detector (08-29-2019)

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And this has what to do with the news posted and them not getting paid ?

Real slow for dimwitted leftists. The gullible YOUNG MINERS will never get paid as long as the left refuses to reform the tax codes that allows the money changers to take advantage of the many write offs and loopholes. Caveat Emptor.

P R O P A G A N D A: This mine was NEVER VIABLE...it was pieced together from several all ready worked out and bankrupt companies in order to open a new mine under a new name for the very purpose of using the property as a TAX WRITEOFF. Your propaganda? Its Trump's fault not Congress who refuses to draft new laws that would reform the tax codes. Its all about OPTICS for you leftists....tear jerkers, heart stringers...etc., when in reality you could give a ratsass about these miners....you prey upon the gullible and those who allow their emotions to think for them.
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-31-2019 at 06:52 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-29-2019)

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

"Blackjewel failed to pay them for weeks of hard work and the way the company filed for bankruptcy prevents miners from accessing their 401ks, making it even harder for them to feed their families during this trying time,"

MAGA
    I know, right?

I bet they don't think this makes America great. Working for no pay?

But I'll tell you one thing. If Trump was running that coal company? Those miners would NEVER get paid. NO WAY he would back down and pay them. Any dime he can get away with is a dime he is gonna get away with. Add em all up and ya got his net worth. Trump is a total rip-off artist. And he doesn't know what he's doing.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

22. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-21-2019)

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

MAGA
    Unless there is something I am missing, 401k access isn't effected by a bankruptcy filing. The assets are held at whatever firm manages the money. The assets are the property of the participants, not the employer, thus they cannot be a source of funds for creditors.

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, coal is making a huge comeback:

"“Blackjewel failed to pay them for weeks of hard work and the way the company filed for bankruptcy prevents miners from accessing their 401(k)s, making it even harder for them to feed their families,” he said. “What this company is doing to them is wrong.”

“The miners can’t draw unemployment because they technically were not fired and they didn’t quit,” Cumberland Mayor Charles Raleigh told CNN. “They can’t get medical insurance, so they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.”"

The Coal Miners Are Totally Screwed. No pay, Can't Access 401K, No Unemployment Insurance, No Health Insurance Either.

Yeah. What the guy. What greed. This sounds exactly like Trump would do things. I bet this coal mine owner is pro-Trump:

"The former mine owner, in an open letter, apologized. He’s also stiffed the four states and their counties some $57 million and owes $62 million in coal royalties to the federal government."

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What ever happened with the coal miners blocking the coal train that carries the coal they dug, but were never paid for?

Here's a great story on what's going on with them:

"CUMBERLAND, Ky. — A little after 4 p.m. on Friday, four hulking big-rig cabs, facing each other in pairs and taking up both lanes, brought the Kingdom Come Parkway to a standstill. On the highway between the trucks, a group of out-of-work coal miners raised a banner: “No Pay We Stay.”

That is the miners’ plan in its entirety, and for close to three weeks, that is what they have done.

A protest that began with five men blocking a train full of coal has grown into a small 24-hour tent city along some railroad tracks next to the highway. It has become a pilgrimage site for labor activists, a rallying point for the community — “a tailgate party on steroids,” as one local official approvingly put it. And it is the first organized miners’ protest that anyone can remember for decades in Harlan County, Ky., a place once virtually synonymous with bloody labor wars."

NYT: "Unpaid Miners Blocked a Coal Train in Protest. Weeks Later, They’re Still There."

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Real slow for dimwitted leftists. The gullible YOUNG MINERS will never get paid as long as the left refuses to reform the tax codes that allows the money changers to take advantage of the many write offs and loopholes. Caveat Emptor.

P R O P A G A N D A: This mine was NEVER VIABLE...it was pieced together from several all ready worked out and bankrupt companies in order to open a new mine under a new name for the very purpose of using the property as a TAX WRITEOFF. Your propaganda? Its Trump's fault not Congress who refuses to draft new laws that would reform the tax codes. Its all about OPTICS for you leftists....tear jerkers, heart stringers...etc., when in reality you could give a ratsass about these miners....you prey upon the gullible and those who allow their emotions to think for them.

the important thing for you to remember is that when Trump told you that he was going to bring kol back he lied and for you to believe it just makes you a complete moron

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,485 Times in 9,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

No Pay We Stay

Trump should pay these miners pay owed them, he is a billionaire??? It would boost his approval ratings among his base and others too?!! Come on Trump, just 11.8 million dollars, chump change for a billionaire?!! Melania spends that in a year on clothes! It would do a lot on making coal great again too?!!