Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DON'T WORRY, Pence in charge of the VIRUS MGT! (& has been taking over HEALTH policy)

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default DON'T WORRY, Pence in charge of the VIRUS MGT! (& has been taking over HEALTH policy)

Yepper, he has been named. OF COURSE, THEY FORGOT TO TELL AZUR until the press conference was called! And until 2 days ago, I didn't know as a CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE, Pence had finessed or wormed his way into the CDC and was driving PUBLIC POLICY on a whole host of healthcare issues. The current head of the CDC, was PUSHED first by GW BUSH by the Christian Right, and was passed over for some of his 'pray and keep your legs closed' kind of public policy positions ro disease transmission and I will assume pregnancy. He was chosen again by the CHRISTIAN RIGHT this time--I'll assume Pence had a hand in that.

Pence has been involved in a gradual takeover of PUBLIC POLICY around healthcare going back a couple of years. I wasn't aware of that. Less sex ed, abstinence based, HIV education, abortion rights, transgender rights--poof, they're all getting cut as fast as GOD can give him his marching orders. MOST OF HIS CHANGES ARE LOCKED UP IN COURTS AROUND THE COUNTRY!

Did anyone see Pence's MISMANAGEMENT of public health in IND? Anyone know that PRAYER and ABSTINENCE was the norm and there was an increase in teen pregnancy during his tenure. Not to mention a rise in HIV infections in particular small rural areas because he refused to listen to his own public health officials and COPS to institute a needle exchange program.

Now he is in charge of a possible epidemic of FLU! I sure hope he is doing a whole lot of praying!!

Trump’s health secretary learned Pence was taking over coronavirus outbreak moments before press conference

Published
    31 mins ago on
    February 26, 2020
    By Sarah K. Burris

President Donald Trump apparently left Secretary Alex Azar out of the loop on Vice President Mike Pence taking over the coronavirus response.

According to the Washington Post, Azar was “blindsided” by the decision, according to five people familiar with the incident. Azar learned about it moments before the press conference this afternoon.

Pence said that he would run a task force at the Department of Health and Human Services, which Azar is in charge of.

Trump downplayed the disease, saying that those who have it will shrink to just five people soon. Trump even contradicted his own scientists as he spoke to the virus’ spread and impact...

SPECIAL REPORTS
    MAY 30, 2019 / 7:05 AM / 9 MONTHS AGO
    Special Report: As Trump rewrites health rules, Pence sees conservative agenda born again

Yasmeen Abutaleb, Joseph Tanfani
    19 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - I
    n a sweeping social policy shift, the Trump administration is seeking to remake health rules at home and abroad for women, gay and transgender people, restricting access to abortion, curtailing support for contraception and narrowing the scope of civil rights in healthcare.

The turnaround has its foundations in the quiet, behind-the-scenes influence of Vice President Mike Pence, who has been driven throughout his political career by his evangelical Christian beliefs to restrict abortion and prioritize the rights of religious conservatives.

Pence has been in the spotlight for leading the administration’s failed effort to repeal and replace Obamacare. But other changes, affecting health policy domestically and abroad, are moving ahead with far less attention.

Under the direction of two secretaries recommended by Pence, the Department of Health and Human Services has moved to slash funds from teen pregnancy-prevention programs, curb abortion both in the United States and abroad and strip civil protections for transgender patients.

The administration has emphasized abstinence programs, led by appointees who believe contraception harms women, and pushed to cut government funds for Planned Parenthood – a longtime cause for Pence while he was in Congress. Planned Parenthood, a national network of healthcare providers, offers infertility services, contraception and abortions.Public health civil rights offices, marshaled to strengthen LGBT rights under Obama, have been retooled into a new Office of Conscience and Religious Freedom. This month, the office unveiled a final “conscience rule” to strengthen protections for healthcare workers who object to performing abortions and sterilizations or treating gay and transgender patients.

And the HHS, along with the State Department – headed by Pence ally Mike Pompeo, also an evangelical Christian – has expanded the campaign beyond U.S. borders. Trump-appointed officials are seeking to delete language in international documents at the United Nations they contend promotes access to abortion and expands healthcare rights to transgender individuals.

“There has never been anything like it,” Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List, an anti-abortion group, said of her working relationship with Pence. “The policy I believe can’t get done without Vice President Pence and his team.”

A cadre of religious conservatives appointed in the early days of the administration is driving the changes, largely from within HHS, which administers most government health programs, along with the State Department and White House. Many appointees come from religious and conservative groups, some of whom regularly protested outside abortion clinics during the Obama years.

In the Trump-Pence West Wing, “everywhere I turn are colleagues, mentors and friends who have fought in the pro-life trenches for decades,” Katy Talento, who handled health policy in the White House, told an anti-abortion group in Texas. She last week announced plans to leave the administration. “I still can’t believe they let us all in the complex every day.”

RELATED COVERAGE

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1T0176

Last edited by Centerleftfl; 02-26-2020 at 11:27 PM.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-27-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mike Pence in charge. What could go wrong?

4. The Following User Groans At AProudLefty For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-27-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    You're probably hoping and praying for a pandemic aren't you? Well maybe it might just get you as well, have you thought of that?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Callinectes (02-27-2020), Earl (02-27-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Yepper, he has been named. OF COURSE, THEY FORGOT TO TELL AZUR until the press conference was called! And until 2 days ago, I didn't know as a CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE, Pence had finessed or wormed his way into the CDC and was driving PUBLIC POLICY on a whole host of healthcare issues. The current head of the CDC, was PUSHED first by GW BUSH by the Christian Right, and was passed over for some of his 'pray and keep your legs closed' kind of public policy positions ro disease transmission and I will assume pregnancy. He was chosen again by the CHRISTIAN RIGHT this time--I'll assume Pence had a hand in that.

Pence has been involved in a gradual takeover of PUBLIC POLICY around healthcare going back a couple of years. I wasn't aware of that. Less sex ed, abstinence based, HIV education, abortion rights, transgender rights--poof, they're all getting cut as fast as GOD can give him his marching orders. MOST OF HIS CHANGES ARE LOCKED UP IN COURTS AROUND THE COUNTRY!

Did anyone see Pence's MISMANAGEMENT of public health in IND? Anyone know that PRAYER and ABSTINENCE was the norm and there was an increase in teen pregnancy during his tenure. Not to mention a rise in HIV infections in particular small rural areas because he refused to listen to his own public health officials and COPS to institute a needle exchange program.

Now he is in charge of a possible epidemic of FLU! I sure hope he is doing a whole lot of praying!!

Trump’s health secretary learned Pence was taking over coronavirus outbreak moments before press conference

Published
    31 mins ago on
    February 26, 2020
    By Sarah K. Burris

President Donald Trump apparently left Secretary Alex Azar out of the loop on Vice President Mike Pence taking over the coronavirus response.

According to the Washington Post, Azar was “blindsided” by the decision, according to five people familiar with the incident. Azar learned about it moments before the press conference this afternoon.

Pence said that he would run a task force at the Department of Health and Human Services, which Azar is in charge of.

Trump downplayed the disease, saying that those who have it will shrink to just five people soon. Trump even contradicted his own scientists as he spoke to the virus’ spread and impact...

SPECIAL REPORTS
    Special Report: As Trump rewrites health rules, Pence sees conservative agenda born again

19 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - I
    n a sweeping social policy shift, the Trump administration is seeking to remake health rules at home and abroad for women, gay and transgender people, restricting access to abortion, curtailing support for contraception and narrowing the scope of civil rights in healthcare.

The turnaround has its foundations in the quiet, behind-the-scenes influence of Vice President Mike Pence, who has been driven throughout his political career by his evangelical Christian beliefs to restrict abortion and prioritize the rights of religious conservatives.

Pence has been in the spotlight for leading the administration’s failed effort to repeal and replace Obamacare. But other changes, affecting health policy domestically and abroad, are moving ahead with far less attention.

Under the direction of two secretaries recommended by Pence, the Department of Health and Human Services has moved to slash funds from teen pregnancy-prevention programs, curb abortion both in the United States and abroad and strip civil protections for transgender patients.

The administration has emphasized abstinence programs, led by appointees who believe contraception harms women, and pushed to cut government funds for Planned Parenthood – a longtime cause for Pence while he was in Congress. Planned Parenthood, a national network of healthcare providers, offers infertility services, contraception and abortions.Public health civil rights offices, marshaled to strengthen LGBT rights under Obama, have been retooled into a new Office of Conscience and Religious Freedom. This month, the office unveiled a final “conscience rule” to strengthen protections for healthcare workers who object to performing abortions and sterilizations or treating gay and transgender patients.

And the HHS, along with the State Department – headed by Pence ally Mike Pompeo, also an evangelical Christian – has expanded the campaign beyond U.S. borders. Trump-appointed officials are seeking to delete language in international documents at the United Nations they contend promotes access to abortion and expands healthcare rights to transgender individuals.

“There has never been anything like it,” Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List, an anti-abortion group, said of her working relationship with Pence. “The policy I believe can’t get done without Vice President Pence and his team.”

A cadre of religious conservatives appointed in the early days of the administration is driving the changes, largely from within HHS, which administers most government health programs, along with the State Department and White House. Many appointees come from religious and conservative groups, some of whom regularly protested outside abortion clinics during the Obama years.

In the Trump-Pence West Wing, “everywhere I turn are colleagues, mentors and friends who have fought in the pro-life trenches for decades,” Katy Talento, who handled health policy in the White House, told an anti-abortion group in Texas. She last week announced plans to leave the administration. “I still can’t believe they let us all in the complex every day.”

RELATED COVERAGE

Do you ever stop whining ffs? I seriously hope you get Covid 19, you might shut the fuck up for a while!!

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    You're probably hoping and praying for a pandemic aren't you? Well maybe it might just get you as well, have you thought of that?
    That is strange. Why would somebody wishing some people like me hoping for a pandemic?

You realize that hoping for that affects us, right?

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

This does not fill me with confidence.

Published
    31 mins ago on
    February 26, 2020
    By Sarah K. Burris

SPECIAL REPORTS

19 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - I

RELATED COVERAGE

Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Published
    31 mins ago on
    February 26, 2020
    By Sarah K. Burris

SPECIAL REPORTS

19 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - I

RELATED COVERAGE

I'm not worried....why are you?
    Wash your hands frequently If you go out, avoid Chinese takeout, and I'll pray for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (02-27-2020)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    It would give the demorats a new voting block, thousands of new dem voters, dead from the corona virus
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Earl (02-27-2020), TOP (02-27-2020)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    It would give the demorats a new voting block, thousands of new dem voters, dead from the corona virus
    (I was tempted to give this a 'Thanks' just because of the humor content)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    (I was tempted to give this a 'Thanks' just because of the humor content)
    I gave it one in your honor

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (02-27-2020), Jack (02-27-2020)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I gave it one in your honor
    Thanks. (I hate to encourage Red Team, but his remark was very deserving)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Thanks. (I hate to encourage Red Team, but his remark was very deserving)
    We're all in this one together, aren't we? I'm confident we'll be fine if we do....

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (02-27-2020), Jack (02-27-2020)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Hopefully it will get your family. Nothing wrong with that.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,520 Times in 52,738 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does he even believe in germs?

I guess Pence should have some more meaningful duties other than to stand behind the bellowing spewing Manchurian Cantaloupe, nodding solemnly in agreement with every lie that flies from the anus-shaped mouth.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

22. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-27-2020)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pence is a pious wussy incompetent POS. He is useless.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same