Thread: Texas importing illegal aliens and selling them federal vaccinations

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I just looked online. There are no appointments available to be vaccinated at a Walmart in Dearborn, Michigan, but there are appointments available Krogers and Walgreens in Dearborn. One Krogers and one Walgreens has appointments available today, but are not taking walk-ins. Two more have the earliest date being Tuesday. Most of the rest can get you an appointment by the end of the week.

You must be very old to get the vaccine in February. It was dropped to 50 and older early in April, and late in April was dropped even further to 16 and older.
    Not necessarily, Walmart greeters are front line workers. He either works at Walmart or is over 75, ...or I suppose both.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Walt (05-17-2021)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Plus, those illegals living in the US sicken the vaccine hesitant whom they work for illegally, because they can’t afford not to work.
    You mean -- like the antivaxxers who claim that their state has too long of a wait time, as meanwhile their governor is offering $5M to get ppl to get immunized? You just know their time is so valuable. There are dog shares that need posting to keep up the rescue cred!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just looked online. There are no appointments available to be vaccinated at a Walmart in Dearborn, Michigan, but there are appointments available Krogers and Walgreens in Dearborn. One Krogers and one Walgreens has appointments available today, but are not taking walk-ins. Two more have the earliest date being Tuesday. Most of the rest can get you an appointment by the end of the week.

You must be very old to get the vaccine in February. It was dropped to 50 and older early in April, and late in April was dropped even further to 16 and older.
    As I said we are Michigan residents, 65 and older. We got our first Moderna vax on Feb. 26; the second at the end of March. However, we were on the waiting list for a month. The last time I was in Meijer, a few days ago, you could walk right up to the pharmacy and get your vax. PiMP lives downstate though; it might be busier down there than it is up here. My university has a feature that allows you to upload a pic of your vaccination card. Once approved, you can take in-person classes, don't have to wear a mask indoors or out, and can participate in campus activities. You can bet I got *mine* uploaded right away!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,025 Times in 8,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    As I said we are Michigan residents, 65 and older. We got our first Moderna vax on Feb. 26; the second at the end of March. However, we were on the waiting list for a month. The last time I was in Meijer, a few days ago, you could walk right up to the pharmacy and get your vax. PiMP lives downstate though; it might be busier down there than it is up here. My university has a feature that allows you to upload a pic of your vaccination card. Once approved, you can take in-person classes, don't have to wear a mask indoors or out, and can participate in campus activities. You can bet I got *mine* uploaded right away!
    I would not have been able to get on the waiting list to get my first vaccine in Michigan until early April, but probably would have gotten it a few weeks earlier than I did in Pennsylvania. It could be worse, I could be in Texas or Florida. Those states are complete messes. :-P

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-17-2021)

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would not have been able to get on the waiting list to get my first vaccine in Michigan until early April, but probably would have gotten it a few weeks earlier than I did in Pennsylvania. It could be worse, I could be in Texas or Florida. Those states are complete messes. :-P
    They definitely are. You're younger than we are; I don't think they opened up vaccines here to under-65 yo ppl till early April. At that time you still needed an appointment. As I said I don't know about downstate, but up here you can just walk in and get one. Same for Illinois and Vermont, where my daughters live.

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    They definitely are. You're younger than we are; I don't think they opened up vaccines here to under-65 yo ppl till early April. At that time you still needed an appointment. As I said I don't know about downstate, but up here you can just walk in and get one. Same for Illinois and Vermont, where my daughters live.
    We are not there yet in Pennsylvania, but we are getting there soon. I am still just bitter about Mnuchin lying to me (and about 200 others) saying we would be getting our vaccines in early January, so am not believing any promises about vaccines until I actually see them.

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans are making a big deal about California vaccinating people who are already in the USA without regard to their immigration status. The laws are that healthcare can be given to anyone, because it is essential for life. And it just makes sense to vaccinate as many people in the USA as possible to get heard immunity.

But lets talk about Texas for a while. Many rich Mexicans are traveling to Texas to get vaccines. They are allowed by Texas authorities to immediately break quarantine, making them illegal aliens. Then they are allowed by Texas to get Federally paid for vaccines, even though they are not residents of the USA. Texas, with one of the worst vaccination rates for its own poor people, is literally selling vaccines to rich foreigners.

https://www.economist.com/the-americ...e-for-vaccines
    The huge vaccination clinic I went to did not charge anyone.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    The huge vaccination clinic I went to did not charge anyone.
    Yes, the federal government has put a lot of funding into free vaccination clinics. They usually take down an insurance card, just to try to charge the insurance company a bit, but individuals will generally not be charged.

If you want to jump to the head of the line, and live in a place like Texas or Florida, then you can pay for the vaccine. I am guessing that in the Northeast, they would arrest anyone who tried to sell vaccines.

11. #84 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Yes, I was able to finesse the system and get a time a week after I was put on the waiting list. If I were in Philadelphia, it would be more like a month. Whatever it would be, we still have waiting lists. We might not in a little while, but I will believe that when I see it.

You are a liar.
    Funny, I had no problem. I got in in a week and I've had my second shot for over a month. There are signs at CVS's, Dr's offices and hospitals. Of course you must make an appt, but you are in at your convenience.

You are a liar. I don't believe you live in PA.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (05-17-2021)

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Funny, I had no problem. I got in in a week and I've had my second shot for over a month. There are signs at CVS's, Dr's offices and hospitals. Of course you must make an appt, but you are in at your convenience.
    You used to claim there was no waiting list, but now you admit that there is a waiting list. Your new story starts being more real. The waiting list is much shorter these days in Pennsylvania.

There is still one problem with it. They did not allow everyone on the waiting list until April 16th. If you got on the waiting list on April 13th, got the first shot a week later, April 20th, then the second shot three weeks later, that puts you getting the second shot on May 11th, which is less than a week ago, and hardly a month ago.

You could be older than you admit, and therefore have been eligible before then. Or maybe you are sicker than you admit. Or maybe... you are just lying.

My timeline makes more sense. They announced that everyone could be on the waiting list on April 16th. I had several days of angry phone calls with both the Treasury and SEC, where both said I would and would not get the shot in NJ. Finally, I decided to get the shot in PA, and got my first shot on April 29th (about a week after making the appointment). I am getting my second shot on May 20th.

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

How does one "finesse" the system? Is that like "finagle" the finances to get super cheap healthcare?

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am 69......thank you for admitting I was right......took you too long, but better late than stupid....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

You used to claim there was no waiting list, but now you admit that there is a waiting list. Your new story starts being more real. The waiting list is much shorter these days in Pennsylvania.
    what do you call a "waiting list"......I provided you a link to CVS that showed dozens of locations that had appointments available.....are you complaining about Waiting Lists if you can't get in unti; 11:00 on Tuesday?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. #89 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

There is still one problem with it. They did not allow everyone on the waiting list until April 16th. If you got on the waiting list on April 13th, got the first shot a week later, April 20th, then the second shot three weeks later, that puts you getting the second shot on May 11th, which is less than a week ago, and hardly a month ago.

You could be older than you admit, and therefore have been eligible before then. Or maybe you are sicker than you admit. Or maybe... you are just lying.

My timeline makes more sense. They announced that everyone could be on the waiting list on April 16th. I had several days of angry phone calls with both the Treasury and SEC, where both said I would and would not get the shot in NJ. Finally, I decided to get the shot in PA, and got my first shot on April 29th (about a week after making the appointment). I am getting my second shot on May 20th.
    No where can you just walk in. Don't twist things. You are full of shit. You don't know what's going on in PA.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, the federal government has put a lot of funding into free vaccination clinics. They usually take down an insurance card, just to try to charge the insurance company a bit, but individuals will generally not be charged.

If you want to jump to the head of the line, and live in a place like Texas or Florida, then you can pay for the vaccine. I am guessing that in the Northeast, they would arrest anyone who tried to sell vaccines.
    Walt the vaccines are provided for FREE to anyone that is not insured. Insurance and Medicare are billed for those that have them. NO ONE is billed out of pocket. Now if you have proof of otherwise please show your proof.