Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football season is almost here!

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,043 Times in 6,686 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

I had a blast watching NCAA Football yesterday. Texas upset Oklahoma St., I was at a local bar in SAT watching Texans celebrating

I haven't finished watching the replay of the Washington Husky game, but Marshawn Lynch and his mom were at the game in Berkley.

DURING HIS INTEVIEW ABOUT BEING INDUCTED INTO THE HALL OF FAME, MARSHAWN DROPED THE "F" BOMB. So "Marshawn".

Happy NFL Football Sunday all!
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,497 Times in 7,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Vegas has opened with Alabama a 16.5 point favorite over LSU.
    Hmm.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 10-24-2022 at 10:19 AM.

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,265 Times in 7,147 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    AND.. what about yesterday.. bit of an upset over oSo, wasn't it? I was watching it, along with a lot of local fans here in SAT
    The Longhorns plagued themselves with penalties that ended up losing the game for them.

However, I think that the OSO and TCU are better teams overall this year.

But I do believe that Texas will be a better team and bounce back next year.

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    The Longhorns plagued themselves with penalties that ended up losing the game for them.

However, I think that the OSO and TCU are better teams overall this year.

But I do believe that Texas will be a better team and bounce back next year.
    Oh! You're right Oklahoma won, I looked at the score backwards. But moving to the NFL - even though the Cowboys won yesterday, which I didn't want - the Seahawks won and Green Bay.. lost - to the Washington Commanders! I love seeing Aaron Rogers lose - he's an anti-vaxxer who's full of himself.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,265 Times in 7,147 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Oh! You're right Oklahoma won, I looked at the score backwards. But moving to the NFL - even though the Cowboys won yesterday, which I didn't want - the Seahawks won and Green Bay.. lost - to the Washington Commanders! I love seeing Aaron Rogers lose - he's an anti-vaxxer who's full of himself.
    All big trees eventually fall. Rogers will go down as one of the best quarterbacks in history, but, this year, his offensive line is probably the worst he has ever had to play behind in Green Bay. They may be out of the hunt this year! It's Defense is waning as well this year. But, I believe on any given Sunday- they can still win.

The Dallas Cowboys are my hometown team. I've seen them rise and fall many times! I will never apologize for them to be my favorite NFL team to watch. We've definitely had our share of Super Bowl and Championship wins! I still back them even when they are down! And I still enjoy watching them play whether they win or lose. They really don't have to be the best for me to enjoy watching them play today.
    The Packers are on our schedule and I look forward to our chances of winning that game!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 10-24-2022 at 12:24 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

LurchAddams (10-24-2022)

7. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    All big trees eventually fall. Rogers will go down as one of the best quarterbacks in history, but, this year, his offensive line is probably the worst he has ever had to play behind in Green Bay. They may be out of the hunt this year! It's Defense is waning as well this year. But, I believe on any given Sunday- they can still win.

The Dallas Cowboys are my hometown team. I've seen them rise and fall many times! I will never apologize for them to be my favorite NFL team to watch. We've definitely had our share of Super Bowl and Championship wins! I still back them even when they are down! And I still enjoy watching them play whether they win or lose. They really don't have to be the best for me to enjoy watching them play today.
    The Packers are on our schedule and I look forward to our chances of winning that game!
    I haven't seen Archives today - he/she's a Yankee fan - might have something to do with it

8. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

I haven't seen Archives today - he/she's a Yankee fan - might have something to do with it
    Not a direct Yankee fan, did watch the game, but I do favor those teams in the American and National League Eastern divisions, which means I still got Philly to beat the "cheaters," had to throw that one in

As far as college football, the semi pro but about to be professional games, the only matchup I saw was part of the Clemson game, I won it taking Syracuse, and all I can say is that Clemson may be deservingly be ranked in the top ten, with a good shot at making the playoff, but they will not be National Champions, too many weaknesses

9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LurchAddams (10-24-2022)

10. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Well the silly season has already started and SEC bias has reached an all new level of nuttyness. I heard one talking head at ESPN argue that if LSU defeats UGA in the SEC Championship game that LSU, UGA and Tenn should be in the CFP along with an undefeated Big 10 team.

Now if the CFP is legit and LSU was to defeat UGA in the SEC Championship game and USC wins out, Clemson or UNC wins out, OSU or UM wins out and TCU wins out, if the CFP is legitimate then the four CFP teams should without a doubt be;

#1. Undefeated Big 10 Champ.
    #2. Undefeated TCU
    #3. USC- conf champ with 1 loss.
    #4. 1 Loss ACC Champ.

There is no way a 2 loss SEC conference champ should be elevated over a 1 loss PAC-12 Champ or a 1 loss ACC Champ or a 1 loss SEC team that is not the conference champ be elevated over a 1 loss ACC or PAC 12 champion. Not based on opinion.

Now before someone points out that my OSU Buckeyes were invited to the CFP as 1 loss non conference champ I would point out that I publicly stated OSU did not belong in the CFP and the Buckeyes performance proved me correct as they were blown out by Clemson.

So it would be funny as hell if LSU beat UGA because the SEC’s claim would be a circular argument since LSU the conference champ would have two losses having lost one of those games to Tenn who UGA defeated.

Of course all of that craziness goes away if UGA defeats LSU as then the CFP would probably be;

#1. UGA
    #2. Undefeated Big 10 team
    #3. Undefeated TCU
    #4. 1 loss USC PAC 12 Champ.

I give the edge to USC over a 1 loss UNC/Clemson ACC Champ as USC would have to defeat UCLA, ND and Oregon. If USC wins the conf championship by a blowout over Oregon then they would be a shoe in.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

11. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Well the silly season has already started and SEC bias has reached an all new level of nuttyness. I heard one talking head at ESPN argue that if LSU defeats UGA in the SEC Championship game that LSU, UGA and Tenn should be in the CFP along with an undefeated Big 10 team. .
    Who the hell was that?

12. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Colin Cowherd.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

13. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Colin Cowherd.
    Tennessee is done now. So here’s a scenario: LSU, USC , TCU and Clemson win out.. OSU or Michigan go undefeated.
    Who gets left out? TCU would be undefeated so they’re in.
    So it’d be LSU, USC, and Clemson. Georgia might still be considered although I doubt seriously.
    That’d be a tough choice for the committee.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 11-21-2022 at 12:43 AM.

14. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Colin Cowherd.
    Well let’s see. If LSU wins out you’d have a one loss GA and TN. Don’t forget a two loss AL. The CFP is basically the Alabama Invitational.
    I’m kinda thinking LSU, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama all in.

15. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Tennessee is done now. So here’s a scenario: LSU, USC , TCU and Clemson win out.. OSU or Michigan go undefeated.
    Who gets left out? TCU would be undefeated so they’re in.
    So it’d be LSU, USC, and Clemson. Georgia might still be considered although I doubt seriously.
    That’d be a tough choice for the committee.
    I doubt LSU beats Georgia, although stranger things have happened.

16. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Well let’s see. If LSU wins out you’d have a one loss GA and TN. Don’t forget a two loss AL. The CFP is basically the Alabama Invitational.
    I’m kinda thinking LSU, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama all in.
    TN has two losses. And one of them was a blowout by an unranked team. The Volunteers have no legitimate chance at the playoffs.

Alabama, likewise, is not going to the playoff.

17. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    TN has two losses. And one of them was a blowout by an unranked team. The Volunteers have no legitimate chance at the playoffs.

Alabama, likewise, is not going to the playoff.
    Apparently you don’t understand the meaning of posting in green.