Thread: Cheney is right: Not holding Trump accountable will be our downfall

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Default Cheney is right: Not holding Trump accountable will be our downfall

The danger now comes not only from the “former president who is attempting to unravel our constitutional republic,” but also from a GOP that would “defend the indefensible.” When people make excuses for Donald Trump, Cheney charged, they “compromise the principles of our democratic republic”; each excuse “incrementally changes that republic.”

She brooks no cowardice in defense of the Constitution. Nor should we, the Justice Department or the courts. If we do, Lincoln warned us, we will be left to the “caprice of the mob” and its leader, whose delusions and ego require that democracy fail so he can succeed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ey-speech-aei/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Is our "downfall" still a future thing at this point?

We already look like toast to me.

NESA flag.png
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Is our "downfall" still a future thing at this point?

We already look like toast to me.

NESA flag.png
    If Garland is too cowardly to prosecute Trump for the violent coup we are fucked as a nation.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cheney spoke on that mission Monday at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank that has not sacrificed its soul and spine as others have. She began by invoking Abraham Lincoln’s Lyceum Address of 1838, which she said another conservative sent her as she hid with Capitol lawmakers on Jan. 6, 2021. In that address, Lincoln declared that if we meet a serious threat to our republic, “it must spring up amongst us.” Lincoln continued: “It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.”

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The danger now comes not only from the “former president who is attempting to unravel our constitutional republic,” but also from a GOP that would “defend the indefensible.” When people make excuses for Donald Trump, Cheney charged, they “compromise the principles of our democratic republic”; each excuse “incrementally changes that republic.”

She brooks no cowardice in defense of the Constitution. Nor should we, the Justice Department or the courts. If we do, Lincoln warned us, we will be left to the “caprice of the mob” and its leader, whose delusions and ego require that democracy fail so he can succeed.

You guys have 2 choices right now. 1) pray your asses off that there is a bigger cheating plan than 2020 afoot for the midterms. Or 2) hope that garlic actually charges Trump with something before November. It would be MUCH better if it were something with teeth, and was bipartisan (LOL). Otherwise, clear the decks and make way for hunter and the biden crime family 24/7. I’m thinking you’re gonna go for the big cheat…again.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,068 Times in 6,779 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    You guys have 2 choices right now. 1) pray your asses off that there is a bigger cheating plan than 2020 afoot for the midterms. Or 2) hope that garlic actually charges Trump with something before November. It would be MUCH better if it were something with teeth, and was bipartisan (LOL). Otherwise, clear the decks and make way for hunter and the biden crime family 24/7. I’m thinking you’re gonna go for the big cheat…again.
    Literally ALL of the evidence related to 2020 "cheating" is on the Republican side. All of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Frank Apisa (09-21-2022)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

if you folks want to hold Trump accountable you should find some evidence to convict him on.......by the way, the election is 49 days away.......work faster........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (09-21-2022)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

If Garland is too cowardly to prosecute Trump for the violent coup we are fucked as a nation.
    It would certainly seem so to me.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Leftist maggots have failed at it for 6 years. How much more time do you need?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Callinectes (09-21-2022)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,068 Times in 6,779 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

In the future, they'll look back on the support for Trump and be utterly mystified.

It was reported this morning that aides follow him around on the golf course, citing praise that he gets on twitter and elsewhere on the internet. Because he likes hearing praise.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,184 Times in 7,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Only a traitor to America would think the horse shit you think, Callinectes. You would go a long way toward making America great again...by emigrating to another country.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

When does it start?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Callinectes (09-21-2022)

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Only a traitor to America would think the horse shit you think, Callinectes.
    So I'm a traitor for exercising my 1st amendment rights here, or anywhere for that matter? I got news for you, cupcake, I have no problem at all saying exactly what I think to the dim, slack-jawed, uncomprehending face of the commander-in-queef. That goes double for the Pecker heads in charge of the DOJ and virtually all of the jackasses in congress.

You would go a long way toward making America great again...by emigrating to another country.
    Fuck that. This country (what's left of it) owes me a shit ton of money.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

did someone forget to tell her that her 15 minutes were up ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Callinectes (09-22-2022)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    did someone forget to tell her that her 15 minutes were up ?
    who made you relevant?