Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    I am. Proive it?
    Still waiting sport....
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Define 'physical nature'. Buzzword fallacy.
    If there is NOTHING BEYOND THE NATURAL..........let them explain via the natural laws of physics just how the natural universe came into existence.

How did everything come from NOTHING as one of the smartest humans to ever live OPININED......Stephen Hawking. Yeah......SPONTANEOUS CREATION? Hawking opined: Since GRAVITY exists the universe created itself. Logically speaking, GRAVITY is SOMETHING RATHER THAN NOTHING or there would be no need to have A LAW quantifying that reality, as that is the purpose of a natural law. Hawking is or rather was FULL OF CRAP as he most certainly lost touch with REALITY in attempting to explain CREATION as being the result of NOTHING all in an attempt to explain away the necessity of the SUPER(IOR) to NATURAL force that CAUSED the NATURAL to exist. When you begin with nothing -0- you will always have -0- NOTHING unless something SUPERIOR adds unto that equation.

You can attempt to explain away this reality via propagating a false premise that ALTERNATE UNIVERSES or planes of reality MUST EXIST.....but then again, even those supposed EXTRA DEMINSIONS "must have had a beginning" at some point on this supposed infinite line of BS reasoning........ its just CIRCULAR REASONING based upon a logical fallacy. Again....great minds like Hawking are so brilliant that sometimes they just lose touch with reality and go bad shit insane when the numbers just don't add up to a non-existing creating force. Call that force what you will....but I for one accept the reality that whatever that force is.......its superior to me and I simply bend a knee in worship. Thus far, the Holy Scriptures are the only thing that logically makes sense.

Now some secular will attempt to tell us ..........its the fault of the less intelligent for not being able to comprehend what Hawking was really declaring.....yeah, when a secular reaches this point, IT MUST be the stupidity of everyone else that does not allow them to understand how EVERYTHING CAME FROM NOTHING void of a pre-existing superior CAUSE based upon the law of Causality.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-17-2020 at 08:05 PM.

3. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    If there is NOTHING BEYOND THE NATURAL..........let them explain via the natural laws of physics just how the natural universe came into existence.
    Possibly by quantuum physics.
    You are a prisoner of classical mechanics - that every event must have a cause.

This is a false premise.

It is well established in quantum mechanics that the creation of matter can be uncaused— it can spring from nothing.

It is not implausible to speculate that the singularity at the origin of the universe did not necessarily have to have a cause; that we are required to assume something had to exist before the singularity.

4. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

This is a false premise.

It is well established in quantum mechanics that the creation of matter can be uncaused— it can spring from nothing.

It is not implausible to speculate that the singularity at the origin of the universe did not necessarily have to have a cause; that we are required to assume something had to exist before the singularity.
    Yeah......as I stated. Enlighten us........using QUANTUM MECHANICS demonstrate to us how matter can be UNCASUED....it must be the fault of STUPID people that simply don't understand (I saw this coming even before you had a thought on how to respond) how the laws of physics simply do not apply when there is a need for MATTER to be created from NOTHING. This is more than laughable as pointed out by your use of the words.............SPECULATE and the ever popular OBJECTIVE (he said sarcastically) term NOT IMPLAUSIBLE. Why not go through the entire spectrum of words....."looks like", "suggests"...."could have", "Possibly" and all the other SUBJECTIVE TERMS used in an attempt to explain away logic and reason. Real, APPLIED (applicable) SCIENCE does not use such terms...real science uses objective, testable, REPRODUCIBLE FACTS in concluding TRUTH.

SPECULATE: to believe something based upon uncertainty or tentative grounds.

TENTATIVE: Under terms not fully worked out or agreed upon.

Again......the scriptures remain UNBROKEN unless you demand Speculation and half assed hypothesis trump the natural laws of physics.

Question? If Quantum Mechanics can explain how something came from nothing.........why did Hawking omit this brilliant fact of science and attempt to declare that everything came from nothing because a natural law pre-existed creation? The Law of Gravity........which is something rather than nothing.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-17-2020 at 08:39 PM.

5. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

your religion sounds like everybody else's........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is a false premise.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    your religion sounds like everybody else's........
    Quantum mechanics blew Albert Einstein's mind, and if a mind as brilliant as his had trouble accepting it, I can see how it would literally seem like voodoo to persons of inferior intelligence, such as yourself

7. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quantum mechanics blew Albert Einstein's mind, and if a mind as brilliant as his had trouble accepting it, I can see how it would literally seem like voodoo to persons of inferior intelligence, such as yourself
    quantum physics is a faith statement that some folks pretend is science........but there are no facts involved in the field of study......no experimentation, no scientific theories......nothing but fantasy......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah......as I stated. Enlighten us........using QUANTUM MECHANICS demonstrate to us how matter can be UNCASUED....it must be the fault of STUPID people that simply don't understand (I saw this coming even before you had a thought on how to respond) how the laws of physics simply do not apply when there is a need for MATTER to be created from NOTHING. This is more than laughable as pointed out by your use of the words.............SPECULATE and the ever popular OBJECTIVE (he said sarcastically) term NOT IMPLAUSIBLE. Why not go through the entire spectrum of words....."looks like", "suggests"...."could have", "Possibly" and all the other SUBJECTIVE TERMS used in an attempt to explain away logic and reason. Real, APPLIED (applicable) SCIENCE does not use such terms...real science uses objective, testable, REPRODUCIBLE FACTS in concluding TRUTH.

SPECULATE: to believe something based upon uncertainty or tentative grounds.

TENTATIVE: Under terms not fully worked out or agreed upon.

Again......the scriptures remain UNBROKEN unless you demand Speculation and half assed hypothesis trump the natural laws of physics.

Question? If Quantum Mechanics can explain how something came from nothing.........why did Hawking omit this brilliant fact of science and attempt to declare that everything came from nothing because a natural law pre-existed creation? The Law of Gravity........which is something rather than nothing.
    You asked for a possible origin of the universe using physical principles.

I gave you one.

Quantuum fluctuations and virtual particles are known to result in matter springing out of nothing. Smarter people than me have made this observation.

No one knows how the universe originated. Seems to me that quantum fluctuations are just as plausible as the literal account in the book of Genesis. I personally think we do not even yet understand the physics of how the universe originated and maybe we never will. It may always be the realm of conjecture.

9. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by votebiden View Post
    Science deals with physical nature. So unless God is a physical object, science has nothing to say.
    Did it say some place in the bible that God is a physical object??

Are you a physical object?? Like a sock or clone??

THE PURPOSE OF RELIGION ISN'T TO DISPROVE SCIENCE

THE PURPOSE OF SCIENCE ISN'T TO DISPROVE RELIGION
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 89 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Did it say some place in the bible that God is a physical object??

Are you a physical object?? Like a sock or clone??

THE PURPOSE OF RELIGION ISN'T TO DISPROVE SCIENCE

THE PURPOSE OF SCIENCE ISN'T TO DISPROVE RELIGION

I'm a physical object. I am eating now. so , yeah

11. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 89 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    quantum physics is a faith statement that some folks pretend is science........but there are no facts involved in the field of study......no experimentation, no scientific theories......nothing but fantasy......
    Werner Heisenberg did experiments.

12. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Mantra 8b.
    I accept your surrender, whore.

13. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?
    It's fewer and fewer all the time but the reason people believe is because it improves their lives generally.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

anatta (10-18-2020)

15. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

16. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by votebiden View Post
    Werner Heisenberg did experiments.
    what did he do, mail letters to places outside the universe and count the replies he got?.......

He earned his doctorate in 1923, with a thesis on a problem in hydrodynamics, though he nearly failed due to his poor performance on the required experimental questions on the oral examination.
    https://www.aps.org/publications/aps...certain%20way.

the best he has ever come up with is a theory that since there is something happening that cannot be observed or tested it "proves" the existence of a place where things cannot be observed or tested......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 10-18-2020 at 05:48 AM.