Page 6 of 161 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    Your time line is wrong,the ice age ended about 10 thousand years ago.
    Dinosaurs been gone millions
    Wrong again sport!

The Ice Ages began 2.4 million years ago and lasted until 11,500 years ago. During this time, the earth’s climate repeatedly changed between very cold periods, during which glaciers covered large parts of the world (see map below), and very warm periods during which many of the glaciers melted. The cold periods are called glacials (ice covering) and the warm periods are called interglacials.

maps showing ice coverage during Ice Age and today
    There were at least 17 cycles between glacial and interglacial periods. The glacial periods lasted longer than the interglacial periods. The last glacial period began about 100,000 years ago and lasted until 25,000 years ago. Today we are in a warm interglacial period.
    https://www.cdm.org/mammothdiscovery...ciers%20melted.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,696 Times in 2,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I've a Ph.D in English, by the way!

... but seriously, what is your native language, i.e. the one you in which you are proficient?

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    ... and in that flat earth of yours you've never come across science.
    Is that a challenge I'm reading? Are you looking to go toe-to-toe with me on science? Great! You probably believe in Global Warming and that it is "thettled thieth!" Let's begin raking you over the coals, shall we?

Loser.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just for the record, as this thread clearly shows, there is absolutely no reason for any rational adult to believe in Global Warming unless he is OBEYING slavemasters who do his thinking for him and who tell him what to think, what to believe and who to HATE.

We can close this one out with this truism:

Show me someone who believes in Global Warming or Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect and I'll show you someone who is either scientifically illiterate or who is a flat out science denier.

The nails are in the coffin.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,985 Times in 3,359 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 635 Times in 603 Posts

Since you claim the greenhouse effect doesn't exist, give us your explanation for why North America doesn't get down to -200 F overnight?

What is the science that causes it to stay warm when the sun goes down in your humble opinion?

Please provide math to support your claim.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

3 people and a dog and cat are gone. The quality of air improved.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Wrong again sport!
    Read what you posted,it got cold and warm many times since 2.4 million years ago!
    The most recent cold period end 11 thousand years ago
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    There are many religions in our world and they are all different. Each one has a unique dogma that affords comfort to the believer and helps him cope with a chaotic and confusing world ... each one except for Global Warming that is. This religion seems only to instill fear and panic. Most religions are portrayed as a form of "good news" to be celebrated whereas everything about Global Warming is hyped as "bad news" that might already be "too late" and "past the tipping point."

Further, most religions are honest matters of faith whereas the Church of Global Warming specifically targets for recruitment the gullible and the scientifically illiterate because its dogma mandates the belief that egregious violations of physics are "Settled Science."

Question: why would any rational adult adopt the Global Warming faith?
    It's spelled Gorebal Warming. This is the irrational belief that Al Gore high priest and profit of Gorebal Warming knows anything about planetary climate.

My favorite one to trot out in these discussions is aircraft contrails. These are artificial clouds created by high flying aircraft. They first started to appear in the late 1930's and have steadily increased in number and overall duration worldwide. Water vapor in the form of cloud cover is a massively better greenhouse gas than CO2.
    Right after 9/11, the NOAA got to study the US for about a week with no contrails over the nation. The average temperature dropped slightly and it was one of the first good indications that contrails might be a serious contributor to climate change.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It's spelled Gorebal Warming. This is the irrational belief that Al Gore high priest and profit of Gorebal Warming knows anything about planetary climate.

My favorite one to trot out in these discussions is aircraft contrails. These are artificial clouds created by high flying aircraft. They first started to appear in the late 1930's and have steadily increased in number and overall duration worldwide. Water vapor in the form of cloud cover is a massively better greenhouse gas than CO2.
    Right after 9/11, the NOAA got to study the US for about a week with no contrails over the nation. The average temperature dropped slightly and it was one of the first good indications that contrails might be a serious contributor to climate change.
    T.A. ... I'm not sure quite how to tell you this but ... there is no such thing as "greenhouse gas." There is no substance in nature that has the magical superpower to cause matter to violate the laws of physics and just spontaneously increase in temperature without additional energy. Greenhouse Effect is a the principal tenent of the Global Warming faith and is a "wondrous miracle" that is simply not supported by any science. It's pure religion. It's the same as a Christian talking about Salvation; to Christians it's very real and to warmizombies Greenhouse Effect is very real. There's no science for either, obviously.

What I recommend is you engage with Into the Night in a conversation regarding contrails. You won't find a better expert on the matter. Send him a PM that you'd like to discuss it and I'll direct his attention to it. The short answer is that neither contrails nor their absence can affect the earth's average global temperature. It's just not possible.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

p.s. - You cannot take anything NOAA says on face value. Unfortunately their leadership lies. Don't be surprised when others immediately discard every official announcement from NOAA.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why not engage w/ gfm7175???

without additional energy.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    This is him today.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    This is him today.

Now I just feel old.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-08-2020)

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    Read what you posted,it got cold and warm many times since 2.4 million years ago!
    The most recent cold period end 11 thousand years ago
    How you doing Mason?? Not seen you around much, hope all is well in your world...........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    T.A. ... I'm not sure quite how to tell you this but ... there is no such thing as "greenhouse gas." There is no substance in nature that has the magical superpower to cause matter to violate the laws of physics and just spontaneously increase in temperature without additional energy. Greenhouse Effect is a the principal tenent of the Global Warming faith and is a "wondrous miracle" that is simply not supported by any science. It's pure religion. It's the same as a Christian talking about Salvation; to Christians it's very real and to warmizombies Greenhouse Effect is very real. There's no science for either, obviously.

What I recommend is you engage with Into the Night in a conversation regarding contrails. You won't find a better expert on the matter. Send him a PM that you'd like to discuss it and I'll direct his attention to it. The short answer is that neither contrails nor their absence can affect the earth's average global temperature. It's just not possible.

Water vapor and clouds trap and reflect heat back into the atmosphere. Call it want you want, but that process is well understood and contrails greatly increase cloud cover.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

AProudLefty (08-08-2020)

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Water vapor and clouds trap and reflect heat back into the atmosphere.
    No they don't.

Are you interested in learning the physics of the matter?

Call it want you want, but that process is well understood ...
    Nope. It is well believed ... by those who are scientifically illiterate. It's like the concept of the human soul. Christians will assure you that it is well understood. It's pure religious dogma with no science support.

... and contrails greatly increase cloud cover.
    Nothing about the atmosphere can override the Stefan-Boltzmann law. Nothing in the universe can defy thermodynamics. Greenhouse Effect is one big violation of physics, which is why one must be either scientfically illiterate or a flat-out science denier to believe in it.

Show me someone who believes in Global Warming or in Greenhouse Effect and I'll show you someone who gullible and naive due to scientific illiteracy.

It pains me to mention it but that's the reality of the situation. Global Warming is a religion that targets the scientifically illiterate for recruitment.

I'd be elated to discuss any science you wish to examine in greater depth.