View Poll Results: What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

10 20.83%
  • KEEP threadbans.

24 50.00%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

14 29.17%
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: THREADBAN POLL 2019

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,375 Times in 53,261 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    He still probably thinks most Amazonian's are just other forms of Mason. Mason can get racy, but he's no Jack. Also he was quite the fan of Best Western Whisperer. Even enough to make a thread that he changed names to something.

I was tempted to change my name once, but it fits me too much. I think my name changing would disappoint a few among the detractors, and the friendly.
    The "Amazon" label is just an excuse to be an ignorant prick to anyone who doesn't share his flavor of politics. Notice how he never mentioned Toxic, who is a thread disrupter par excellence. He also didn't mention Grumpy or RB, because they share political POVs.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,019 Times in 6,218 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Exactly why I voted to keep them as well. There aren't that many known trolls, but the worst of them are virulent and cause interesting discussions to quickly devolve into sandbox squabbles only with swears.
    Teflon Don, Legion, Yurt, USfreedom911, Evmetro, Havana Moon, Bobb, TDAK, Truth Detector, CFM, Bhaktajan, Top. I think that covers about all of the aforementioned type. Well there are a few on the left, but I have trouble being mad at detractors to the Christian faith, and white people. We have a lot of screwed up members in those two groups.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-14-2019), Cypress (05-14-2019), ThatOwlWoman (05-14-2019)

4. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Minty - you should vote to abolish a few more times with all your different screen names to take the lead since you claim you don't want to pacify anyone...…….which is exactly what you did by voting neutral.....you feel one way but vote another to pacify others.
    TTQ, I don't have any other accounts here besides this one. There is an option to change your username every 10 days here.

I have changed my name for this account several times, Stargazer, Trump Diva, America First and a couple of others. If you go to the profile part of your account, look at the tab called "username history".

At first, I didn't care, and I've seen valid arguments for both banning and abolishing but the last one made me think it is really silly sometimes. If it was close I would change my vote.

What is your stance on the subject?

5. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    TTQ, I don't have any other accounts here besides this one. There is an option to change your username every 10 days here.

I have changed my name for this account several times, Stargazer, Trump Diva, America First and a couple of others. If you go to the profile part of your account, look at the tab called "username history".

At first, I didn't care, and I've seen valid arguments for both banning and abolishing but the last one made me think it is really silly sometimes. If it was close I would change my vote.

What is your stance on the subject?
    I personally voted to abolish them.

Even with thread bans the nastiness can still be read on another thread.

I personally like to read the trash coming from the racist right.....it lets me know exactly where they stand.

As I have been doing for years I can simply scroll pass their post.

This site is full of racists scumbags and a tread ban isn't going to change that.

My apologies, I have never changed my name so I'm not up to how it's done.

Oh and have you started traveling yet?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-14-2019)

7. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

I personally like to read the trash coming from the racist right.....it lets me know exactly where they stand.

This site is full of racists scumbags and a tread ban isn't going to change that.

Yep, we are from those old boards where there were no added extras. You either made it on your own, sink or swim. lol

I would change my vote if it was getting close. Although I will survive either way. No, I'm not traveling, are you? Have you heard anything from your old friend?

8. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's hilarious, from you of all ppl. Talk about not wanting freedom of speech!
    How is there freedom of speech curtailed; because they have the ability to create their own thread and complain all they want.

Think it being like a movie theater, you can stand up and yell FIRE; but there are consequences for doing so.

But then, you're obviously worried that you wouldn't be able to contain yourself and would probably be one of the first ones made to sit in the corner for a week; seeing as how your past behavior is indicative of such a consequence being handed out.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

9. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exactly why I voted to keep them as well. There aren't that many known trolls, but the worst of them are virulent and cause interesting discussions to quickly devolve into sandbox squabbles only with swears.
    And again you exhibit so much irony, with a total lack of self-awareness.

10. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I seldom read your shit so that's probably why I never even saw your plea for someone to look at you. There are enough other needy, desperate damaged attention whores here as it is, and that's why you are almost always thread-banned from my OPs. There are also plenty of quality threads that anything you start isn't needed.

You're welcome, and please have a pleasant evening.
    Did you really FEEL that I cared that you didn't view it or respond, plus is this reply from you a desperate plea for me to pay attention to it; because you aren't being forced to post anything at all and you could have just STFD and STFU.

BLESS YOUR HEART

11. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,375 Times in 53,261 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    How is there freedom of speech curtailed; because they have the ability to create their own thread and complain all they want.

Think it being like a movie theater, you can stand up and yell FIRE; but there are consequences for doing so.

But then, you're obviously worried that you wouldn't be able to contain yourself and would probably be one of the first ones made to sit in the corner for a week; seeing as how your past behavior is indicative of such a consequence being handed out.
    You put the Mor in Moron, don't you? Yes, banning someone for wandering off topic on a thread is a freedom of speech issue. Not in the Constitutional sense of course, but in the sense that you want to remove their right to say *anything* if someone wanders off topic. Thread bans are a better way -- because you are so terribly insecure -- to make sure that the discussion always goes the way you want it to. Besides, I'm pretty sure that the mods have enough to do babysitting you and your whining cohort without having to convene and decide whether a comment is off-topic or not. Hopefully this post will satisfy your need for my attention.

12. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Physician, heal thyself first and remove the beam from thine own eye.

13. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You put the Mor in Moron, don't you? Yes, banning someone for wandering off topic on a thread is a freedom of speech issue. Not in the Constitutional sense of course, but in the sense that you want to remove their right to say *anything* if someone wanders off topic. Thread bans are a better way -- because you are so terribly insecure -- to make sure that the discussion always goes the way you want it to. Besides, I'm pretty sure that the mods have enough to do babysitting you and your whining cohort without having to convene and decide whether a comment is off-topic or not. Hopefully this post will satisfy your need for my attention.
    Just when I think you can't be more amusing, you surprise me.

How am I removing their right to say "anything"??

The fact that you keep responding to someone who you say you don't read, is an apparent sign of insecurity and a plea to "LOOK AT ME, PLEEEEEASE".

Would you care to make a bet as to who the MODs have had enough of or are you just blowing smoke out your ass, AGAIN??

14. #267 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,606 Times in 17,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

The "Amazon" label is just an excuse to be an ignorant prick to anyone who doesn't share his flavor of politics. Notice how he never mentioned Toxic, who is a thread disrupter par excellence. He also didn't mention Grumpy or RB, because they share political POVs.
    I'm a "thread disrupter"? Yeah, I call out hypocrites on occasion, but you can't say I'm obsessed with one particular poster.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...after-backlash

(It starts at post #9...)
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

15. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Ftr I voted to keep threadbans. Truth Destroyer... page after effing page of nothing except .gifs and insults. CFM... page after effing page of the N-word. I Hate America... page after page of hate, racism and death wishes. I don't need people like this trashing my threads and don't even want to waste the time scrolling past them. I'm exercising the right not to see their shit just as they're exercising their right to be gross, disgusting assholes.
    your threads aren't really worth it cuntswallow

16. #269 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,606 Times in 17,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Ftr I voted to keep threadbans. Truth Destroyer... page after effing page of nothing except .gifs and insults. CFM... page after effing page of the N-word. I Hate America... page after page of hate, racism and death wishes. I don't need people like this trashing my threads and don't even want to waste the time scrolling past them. I'm exercising the right not to see their shit just as they're exercising their right to be gross, disgusting assholes.
    I don't see you calling out or banning guno (among other leftists). But then, I suppose partisan politics might have something to do with it?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

17. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

It looks like Keep is going to win in a land slide. All of you little bitchers and whiners can now STFU.

Now I have to expand my ever growing thread ban list