Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, Legion, Text Drivers are Killers, Bigdog, Evmetro, TOP, Controlled Opposition, volsrock, Yurt and Earl

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The no trolling, personal attacks, or political bluster, discussion.

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Today's Mom's birthday, but she told me not to get her anything. She said the washing machine I replaced was enough. It was technically my fault it broke, but it seems it was on a short life anyway. I spent a good chunk of money getting a new Maytag washer, from Menards. I did however buy two filet mignon, and will pan sear them with a little truffle salt. I'd use the real deal, if the price wasn't an arm, and a leg. Love me some truffle.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-16-2019)

3. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Today's Mom's birthday, but she told me not to get her anything. She said the washing machine I replaced was enough. It was technically my fault it broke, but it seems it was on a short life anyway. I spent a good chunk of money getting a new Maytag washer, from Menards. I did however buy two filet mignon, and will pan sear them with a little truffle salt. I'd use the real deal, if the price wasn't an arm, and a leg. Love me some truffle.
    On Chopped,they always get in trouble with the judges,using to much truffle oil.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

4. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    On Chopped,they always get in trouble with the judges,using to much truffle oil.
    Truffle oil is different, and some consider it kind of a Frankenstein monster. It often uses little truffle, with all sorts of synthetics. Now if you make your own, and steep truffles in oil, it would be good. It's a way you could stretch the flavor out, for more use.

5. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Truffle oil is different, and some consider it kind of a Frankenstein monster. It often uses little truffle, with all sorts of synthetics. Now if you make your own, and steep truffles in oil, it would be good. It's a way you could stretch the flavor out, for more use.
    That seems to be the issue,whether it's real truffle or not.
    I'm sure on Chopped,it's real,the ones who knew what they were doing,it worked for them.
    But many times,they went overboard,and got Chopped!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Let's return to the OP premise and try to forget the unpleasantness that has invaded. I'm taking an on-line class to learn how to make minjiikaawanakizin (Ojibwe center-seam puckered moccasins). It comes with language teaching as well! At any rate, I finished beading the vamps and cuffs this evening. They'll be sewn onto the brain-tanned smoked waawaashkeshiwayaan (deer hide). Looking forward to wearing them.

That beading is beautiful. Please show the finished product too!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-16-2019)

8. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you willing to apologize, and is yurt? I can talk to Owl, but I think Mason will give the idea the finger emoji. If you don't think I'm pushing it. An apology might be Yurt's only chance at this point.
    What would like me to apologize for and I can't speak for Yurt; but I noticed that you ignored my question, regarding "would you apologize"??

You also appeared to ignore my question of:

"You don't seem to hold out much hope, for JPP posters; because of the post you just made.

If this is your belief, then it would seem fruitless to try and have such a thread; which would then beg the question of, "Why even try, if you don't expect people to do so"?"
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

9. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

For the umpteenth time, I told Owl to stop in my post. She is currently staying away right now. Also, did you not realize calling me a girl is not acceptable? I'm done with you, unless we go with USfreedoms idea, and you apologize to a few people. Are you willing to?
    See this where things fall apart, because you're done with him, unless he apologizes; but what about you apologizing for mentioning in the first place, seeing as how I've already suggested that we wouldn't be at this point if you had never mentioned him in the first plac
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

10. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Cue-The Beatles-Let it Be
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

11. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

Are you willing to apologize, and is yurt? I can talk to Owl, but I think Mason will give the idea the finger emoji. If you don't think I'm pushing it. An apology might be Yurt's only chance at this point.
    Why should I apologize? I didn't call anyone stupid or buttyurt.

12. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    See this where things fall apart, because you're done with him, unless he apologizes; but what about you apologizing for mentioning in the first place, seeing as how I've already suggested that we wouldn't be at this point if you had never mentioned him in the first plac
    Mahalo

13. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Had a Pink Floyd tribute band in Toledo,they sounded just like the original!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

14. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,507 Times in 52,732 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    That beading is beautiful. Please show the finished product too!
    I will, thanks!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-16-2019)

16. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What would like me to apologize for and I can't speak for Yurt; but I noticed that you ignored my question, regarding "would you apologize"??

You also appeared to ignore my question of:

"You don't seem to hold out much hope, for JPP posters; because of the post you just made.

If this is your belief, then it would seem fruitless to try and have such a thread; which would then beg the question of, "Why even try, if you don't expect people to do so"?"
    I don't have anything to apologize for, unless you want me to do something about what I said about Legion, and ILA. My Jade discussions work great, but have been limited on subject. This is one to bring up any friendly topic, and isn't bound to recipes, etc. The point is it works, one person expecting they can get people to apologize doesn't. Domer did, but he respects me, and my discussions a bit more. Others, just make things worse. I'm not making apologies a rule, it's just chat nicely, or chat somewhere else.

17. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Why should I apologize? I didn't call anyone stupid or buttyurt.
    You came in with a boorish attitude, acting like a victim, for something that should have been a good thing. Told me to ban myself from my own discussion. You butted heads with Owl. You also have your personal attack of calling me she all the time. Truthfully I don't want any apologies, and I think no one needs them. So lets just go with one last chance. Start chatting about something pleasant, and keep it to that stuff. It shouldn't be that hard.

18. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I never broke a rule, so if he's upset over that, he has to live with it. It wasn't an attack or anything, he needs to stop freaking out about everything I do, or say. I also stated I was letting hiccups slide earlier, and people only got guidelines.