1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

It appears to be an original thought.

And it is disingenuous to equate the richest most powerful people with entrepreneurism.

It is tantamount to equating the most powerful people with those who are attempting to create a viable business on their own.
    Yes, it is important we get words right.
    Entrepreneurs may or may not be rich, and they may not even be affluent.
    A farmer is an entrepreneur. A car mechanic can be an entrepenuer. An artist or a painter can be an entrepreneur.

That is obviously not what Jarod is talking about.

Entrepreneur -a person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.

Oligarch - a very rich business leader with a great deal of political influence.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-11-2019)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    How so?

And how do you think you would fair better than Trump?
    To be a lawyer means you have to have an undergraduate degree. If you really don't understand how gold has historically (if not always) been a source of value, you are a world class idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    BINGO, many of them are. You really are not as dumb as you sound sometimes.

I have heard that argument countless times about from wealthy, they hoard more than they need in case society breaks down and they will need it to survive.
    Jarod against runs from questions.

Jarod rails against the one percent, yet he claims to be one of them.

Anyone find this odd?

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

How so?

And how do you think you would fair better than Trump?
    I do not depend on servants, I am not morbidly obese, I know how to grow food and catch food. I know how to prepare food.
    Rump has been pampered his entire life and is very soft, you can tell by his thin skin, he has never done anything hard in his life and responds to difficulties with whining and blame.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

To be a lawyer means you have to have an undergraduate degree. If you really don't understand how gold has historically (if not always) been a source of value, you are a world class idiot.
    I know that you cannot eat gold, it does not keep you warm and it will not keep you safe.

You are an idiot to think it will be useful in a societal meltdown.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

BINGO, many of them are. You really are not as dumb as you sound sometimes.

I have heard that argument countless times about from wealthy, they hoard more than they need in case society breaks down and they will need it to survive.
    where is your proof that they are hoarding? Do you hoard? You are a 1%er

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyone find this odd?
    I did not run from any questions, but sometimes I do not see them right away, and a half an hour is not a reasonable time to wait before whining.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What do you believe amazon, facebook, google etc are except companies that were started from scratch by entrepreneurs who did unbelievable well?
    Well I suppose that depends on your connotation of an entrepreneur. I think of an entrepreneurship as a start-up. To me, if a business is well established and selling public stock it is no longer an entrepreneurship.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (02-11-2019)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do not depend on servants, I am not morbidly obese, I know how to grow food and catch food. I know how to prepare food.
    Rump has been pampered his entire life and is very soft, you can tell by his thin skin, he has never done anything hard in his life and responds to difficulties with whining and blame.
    LMAO.

You sound jealous.

If you don't think a billionaire is more prepared than you, you are stupid.

I can guarantee you are fatter than you should be (Trump is not morbidly obese you fucking liar) and I guarantee you don't grow your own food. If you do grow some, 99 percent comes from the store. So you're fucked worse than Trump.

Suck on that.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know that you cannot eat gold, it does not keep you warm and it will not keep you safe.

You are an idiot to think it will be useful in a societal meltdown.
    How do you think society survives in such a case? Zero trade?

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I did not run from any questions, but sometimes I do not see them right away, and a half an hour is not a reasonable time to wait before whining.
    Nice try. You've done it before many times and when finally called out on it (only because you dishonestly called Damo out on it) do you answer.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

Well I suppose that depends on your connotation of an entrepreneur. I think of an entrepreneurship as a start-up. To me, if a business is well established and selling public stock it is no longer an entrepreneurship.
    These companies were all started by entrepreneurs and happened to be wildly success. So yes, I agree successful companies move beyond the start up stage when they grow and achieve large success.

If Jarod wanted to argue something similar to the article I posted yesterday about capitalism without competition and what that means for our economy i’d be on board. Just b*tching about people having money because you dislike Trump doesn’t do it for me

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Rump inherited a huge real-estate empire from his father and turned it into an ego feeding franchise... not particularly helpful to society. Rump points to his wealth and uses it as an illustration of his value, many fall for that. I do not.
    He serves the rich. His father built an empire exploiting the government, using government money (and bending the rules to do so,) to provide much-needed average housing for the masses in Queens. Donald decided to change that model from serving the masses to serving the rich. Donald built luxury condos in Manhattan.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (02-11-2019)

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    These companies were all started by entrepreneurs and happened to be wildly success. So yes, I agree successful companies move beyond the start up stage when they grow and achieve large success.

If Jarod wanted to argue something similar to the article I posted yesterday about capitalism without competition and what that means for our economy i’d be on board. Just b*tching about people having money because you dislike Trump doesn’t do it for me
    The point of the thread is that the preppers who fantasize that they are ready to live without society often vote for ones whose greed might very well bring about a collapse of social order. If all you got out of that was 'b*tching about people having money' I believe you missed the point.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (02-11-2019)

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyone find this odd?
    You have never been, by default, a part of a group that, for the most part, you did not like the methods or actions of its members?

LOCK HIM UP!

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    where is your proof that they are hoarding? Do you hoard? You are a 1%er
    No, I do not hoard, I save very little compared to my income. I spend most of my money. I do not fear a life with less. I do not plan to leave any money to my children.

LOCK HIM UP!