Members banned from this thread: ZappasGuitar, Mason Michaels, Troll, PoliTalker, Jack and StoneByStone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New thread on FREE WILL

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default New thread on FREE WILL

If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    Protestantism or Calvinism belongs to the Reformed tradition of Protestantism. ... Today, this term also means the doctrines and practices of the Reformed churches, of which Calvin was an early leader, and the system is perhaps best known for its doctrines of predestination

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvinism

Reformed theologians teach that sin so affects human nature that they are unable even to exercise faith in Christ by their own will. While people are said to retain will, in that they willfully sin, they are unable not to sin because of the corruption of their nature due to original sin. Reformed Christians believe that God predestined some people to be saved and others were predestined to eternal damnation
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

If your version of your god is that he is omniscient, omnipotent and all the other all-powerful words, then your god already knows your “choices”. Only an idiot would believe that to be free will.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (01-15-2019), Guno צְבִי (01-12-2019), StoneByStone (01-12-2019)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

List of Reformed denominations in North America

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#North_America
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    If your version of your god is that he is omniscient, omnipotent and all the other all-powerful words, then your god already knows your “choices”. Only an idiot would believe that to be free will.
    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I'm not sure what you thought you saw in my OP; but there was no protest.

Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

I don't know about mine but yours is scripted by Fox Snooze but not as funny as the Muppets.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Troll For This Post:

StoneByStone (01-12-2019)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I don't know about mine but yours is scripted by Fox Snooze but not as funny as the Muppets.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mostly I'm just here to troll, you know like my name says. Most of us write our own scripts, you guys go by what Fox tells you. WWFD implants! Hahahaha.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

I'm not sure what you thought you saw in my OP; but there was no protest.

I've addressed the myth of free will twice before. Both times you ignored the evidence, because you want to believe in free will. Now you are starting a new thread, seemingly to convince other people (but really yourself) that free will is real.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Mostly I'm just here to troll, you know like my name says. Most of us write our own scripts, you guys go by what Fox tells you. WWFD implants! Hahahaha.
    Thank you for the admission:

14. The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (01-12-2019)

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I've addressed the myth of free will twice before. Both times you ignored the evidence, because you want to believe in free will. Now you are starting a new thread, seemingly to convince other people (but really yourself) that free will is real.
    What makes you feel that this is about you and were you unable to choose to not post a comment??

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thank you for the admission:

14. The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment.

Do you belong to that exclusive TOP BANNING BAND ?
    I answered you, dumbass. The only script lives are you guys enthrall to Fox. The rest of us - free spirits.
    You just mad bro cause you don't like that answrr.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you belong to that exclusive TOP BANNING BAND ?
    I answered you, dumbass. The only script lives are you guys enthrall to Fox. The rest of us - free spirits.
    You just mad bro cause you don't like that answrr.
    I know of no Banning Ban.
    Can you name a few of their songs??