Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Democratic wave is growing, just how big will it be?

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    the cracka christer base of the white peoples party are dying off
    by November?......

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,401 Times in 10,031 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Once again all you can do is name call and make projections. Hell of a guy you are
    Hey asshole,

I've apologized to you directly when I've overstepped or presumed something.

You've never once apologized or held yourself to account for the shady and duplicitous way you conduct every argument you make on these boards.

That's why I think you're a piece of shit garbage person, and why I'm better than you.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    no way. trump is way different than bush or romney. or mccain. in those cases people were voting for them in spite of the democrats. people are voting FOR trump. trump is a whole other beast.
    Romney was different in that he had a very strong opponent. Trump though is comparable to Bush in that both were unpopular but still won the electoral college.

Predictions about Trump getting re-elected are premature. If the Dems choose a senior policy maker cause its there turn, say for example Joe Biden, Trump will stand an excellent chance of getting re-elected by stint of Dems nominating some even less popular. Sound familiar?

Now if a former Democratic Governor that has a solid message and campaign organization that is from outside DC could do well Trump could be in trouble.

Point being there’s no use making projections about Trump until we have an idea who Dems are running. I’m not optimistic as I don’t see a current Dem front runner that I think can beat Trump.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,309 Times in 14,058 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Hey asshole,

I've apologized to you directly when I've overstepped or presumed something.

You've never once apologized or held yourself to account for the shady and duplicitous way you conduct every argument you make on these boards.

That's why I think you're a piece of shit garbage person, and why I'm better than you.
    Duplicitous argument? You've lost your shit here because I said polling showing Clinton winning the EC was wrong as if that's some controversial statement. Yet you react like someone attacked your family.

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Romney was different in that he had a very strong opponent. Trump though is comparable to Bush in that both were unpopular but still won the electoral college.

Predictions about Trump getting re-elected are premature. If the Dems choose a senior policy maker cause its there turn, say for example Joe Biden, Trump will stand an excellent chance of getting re-elected by stint of Dems nominating some even less popular. Sound familiar?

Now if a former Democratic Governor that has a solid message and campaign organization that is from outside DC could do well Trump could be in trouble.

Point being there’s no use making projections about Trump until we have an idea who Dems are running. I’m not optimistic as I don’t see a current Dem front runner that I think can beat Trump.
    what do you think of Kamala Harris? (Senator D.CA)

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you're jumping around from non-sequitur to non-sequitur and it's pretty obvious why.

This debate started out with someone saying that the Democrats have a large polling lead on the generic ballot, and that lead could spell a blue tsunami. Conservatives, rattled by those polls, decided to indict and gaslight polling by saying polls can't be trusted because Clinton polled ahead of Trump, yet lost the election because of the EC. What the EC has to do with a popular vote poll is a mystery to me, but it would seem like you want people to think that Trump won the electoral college and the popular vote, because that way you don't have to accept the conclusions of the polling that shows a Democratic advantage in the midterms.

I see right through you.
    Look Dunce. Your faux intelligence on any matter is not making you look smarter to anyone other than yourself. Everyone sees right through you...

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,474 Times in 17,035 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,563 Times in 4,243 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Look Dunce. Your faux intelligence on any matter is not making you look smarter to anyone other than yourself. Everyone sees right through you...
    Mid terms do not use electoral college.

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

i disagree with you on biden. I think biden mops the floor with trump. biden would play very well in the midwest, and I think democrats are desperate enough at this point to get rid of trump that the more extreme elements in their party will vote for him all day just to preserve their sanity. Democrats are putting a middle of the roader centrist type up in 2020, book it. if they put up someone like warren or california liberal they will have issues.

---

Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    what do you think of Kamala Harris? (Senator D.CA)
    I think conventional wisdom is that she would attempt to rebuild the Obama coalition. Meaning she'd lose. Just like those Democrats who tried to rebuild Bill Clinton's coalition lost. A combination of identity politics and progressive activism can probably win the Democratic nomination but would probably lose in the general.

Grind is basically right in his premise that what's set Trump apart is he's actually giving his supporters something to vote for. Everyone else just doesn't want you to vote against them. I've seen some of that coming out of the progressive wing of the party but progressives aren't exactly well known for winning elections.

What Democrats really need to do is provide an consistent and focused message on middle class/working class economic issues and what they will do to fight for working peoples economic well being. The idea of an "anti-Trump" candidate is a sure loser. As Bill Clinton famously said...and why this is beyond the grasp of so many Democrats is beyond me...is "It's the economy stupid."

10. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Mid terms do not use electoral college.
    No shit. Not even sure why you made that dumb fuck statement.

11. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    i disagree with you on biden. I think biden mops the floor with trump. biden would play very well in the midwest, and I think democrats are desperate enough at this point to get rid of trump that the more extreme elements in their party will vote for him all day just to preserve their sanity. Democrats are putting a middle of the roader centrist type up in 2020, book it. if they put up someone like warren or california liberal they will have issues.
    I think Biden could give Trump a good fight. I was using Biden as an example of what usually happens when a party nominates a candidate based on that's what the party bosses want. It rarely works out well.

I personally don't hold Trump in very high esteem but for what ever fucking reason no one, left or right, wants to take on his economic message. Democrats seem to be ignoring it as a bunch of white rednecks who don't know where their best interests lie and the Republicans are scared shitless of Trump populist economic message which runs counter to traditional Republican laissiez-faire pro-business capitalism but seem to have the smarmy attitude that the'll just co-opt him. Both have proven wrong and Trump has proven far more wiley and capable than most people would give him credit for.

Don't get me wrong I still believe he's a cynical opportunist who could give a shit less about good governance but he's damned sure proven he's smarter than the Democratic and Republican establishment.

12. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think Biden could give Trump a good fight. I was using Biden as an example of what usually happens when a party nominates a candidate based on that's what the party bosses want. It rarely works out well.

I personally don't hold Trump in very high esteem but for what ever fucking reason no one, left or right, wants to take on his economic message. Democrats seem to be ignoring it as a bunch of white rednecks who don't know where their best interests lie and the Republicans are scared shitless of Trump populist economic message which runs counter to traditional Republican laissiez-faire pro-business capitalism but seem to have the smarmy attitude that the'll just co-opt him. Both have proven wrong and Trump has proven far more wiley and capable than most people would give him credit for.

Don't get me wrong I still believe he's a cynical opportunist who could give a shit less about good governance but he's damned sure proven he's smarter than the Democratic and Republican establishment.
    Mott, if you do not want to run for office at least become a political columnist or something. Direct and to the point with you. No bullshit. Refreshing.

13. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,309 Times in 14,058 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

So every single political choice you've made in your adult life has been wrong.

Bravo.
    What are the correct political choices?

14. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What are the correct political choices?
    Whatever the 10 second sound byte media source he happens to be listening to that day tells him.

15. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Mott, if you do not want to run for office at least become a political columnist or something. Direct and to the point with you. No bullshit. Refreshing.
    he has a handicap.....there are no newspaper's in Ohio......

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-17-2018)