Thread: Imagine

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Interesting; for me and many I hear about, things are much better.
    True. But look, for example, at Frank. He is doing the same things he was doing before the election. He is playing golf. Through no fault of my own, both of my sons became engineers. They still have great jobs and nice families, and the election of Trump has not changed their lives. I suppose you could say they are doing better, but they certainly are not doing worse.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-14-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    When I ask people how their personal lives have changed since Trump was elected, the usual answer is, "not at all."
    Got my health insurance renewal quote yesterday. Only going up 10.5%. My lowest increase percentage-wise yet. Once Obamacare rolled in, my usual 15% ish increases all were upper 20% increases every year, then last year it dropped back down to about 15% and now this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

There was a time when Republicans had something to argue about.

Now, since they elected Trump and let him take over their party, they've lost all credibility.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Got my health insurance renewal quote yesterday. Only going up 10.5%. My lowest increase percentage-wise yet. Once Obamacare rolled in, my usual 15% ish increases all were upper 20% increases every year, then last year it dropped back down to about 15% and now this.
    All I can do is try to keep my personal finances in order. As for health insurance, I could have kept my personal physician of 25 years, but he went corporate and started requiring visits for every prescription renewal. Before that, I saw him twice a year.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    There was a time when Republicans had something to argue about.

Now, since they elected Trump and let him take over their party, they've lost all credibility.
    IRONY Democrats offered nothing but malaise and wage losses for eight years and now all they offer up is "Trump is a meanie." STFU, seriously.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All I can do is try to keep my personal finances in order. As for health insurance, I could have kept my personal physician of 25 years, but he went corporate and started requiring visits for every prescription renewal. Before that, I saw him twice a year.
    My mom's doctor was like that. I will grant you my mortgage isn't huge, but last year was the first year ever our monthly health insurance premium was more than our monthly mortgage payment. I said I would be better off ditching the insurance and buying another property to sell if something catastrophic happens.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My mom's doctor was like that. I will grant you my mortgage isn't huge, but last year was the first year ever our monthly health insurance premium was more than our monthly mortgage payment. I said I would be better off ditching the insurance and buying another property to sell if something catastrophic happens.
    I don't have a mortgage, but my property taxes have doubled in the last five years. If anyone thinks they own their home, try not paying property taxes. One way or another, "the man" is keeping us down.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 51 Times in 48 Posts

They got their way by taking control of all 3 branches of government, but again, you are still living in the past. The current DNC doesn't seem to have a clue on how to close the deal on taking back even one house of the Congress. Polling doesn't support their claims of a blue wave
    Since when have polls mattered. I think the Dems proved how insignificant they are. I'm not living in the past I'm just saying the trend continued. Those with this Trump derangement nonsense did the same thing with Obama, Hillary, and others. There is no Trump derangement syndrome, unless they want to call out Obama Blame Psychosis, and Hillary Benghazitis as well. At least with Trump you got actual ongoing legal matters to complain about.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Lung-Li-Chiao View Post
    Since when have polls mattered. I think the Dems proved how insignificant they are. I'm not living in the past I'm just saying the trend continued. Those with this Trump derangement nonsense did the same thing with Obama, Hillary, and others. There is no Trump derangement syndrome, unless they want to call out Obama Blame Psychosis, and Hillary Benghazitis as well. At least with Trump you got actual ongoing legal matters to complain about.
    And With Benghazi you had 4 people whose deaths were on-going, but the dems nationally stalled out below 50% in polling does not bode well for their blue wave.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't have a mortgage, but my property taxes have doubled in the last five years. If anyone thinks they own their home, try not paying property taxes. One way or another, "the man" is keeping us down.
    Our tax waters are a little chummed right now. They raised rates but lowered assessments for after this tax year on most residential and raised assessements on most commercial. I own both so am a little not sure what the net will be when it is all done. I don't have to have a mortgage. I just refuse to pay it off on my house. The rate is so low I would just as soon spend the money it would take to pay it off on other things.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

True. But look, for example, at Frank. He is doing the same things he was doing before the election. He is playing golf. Through no fault of my own, both of my sons became engineers. They still have great jobs and nice families, and the election of Trump has not changed their lives. I suppose you could say they are doing better, but they certainly are not doing worse.
    We haven't had a new war yet, to cause the downward spirals. As long as we avoid another money sucking war, things won't change much quickly for anyone but the rich. We have everything the same basically with wages among poor, and middle class, but now that things are getting more expensive, we will slowly see a drain. I imagine if we see this going for several years, and the strain will be apparent to poor, and middle class people. We already see some businesses in the tariff target area suffering immensely.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And With Benghazi you had 4 people whose deaths were on-going, but the dems nationally stalled out below 50% in polling does not bode well for their blue wave.
    You're the one bringing up some blue wave. The deaths weren't ongoing, they were dead, and the law made it's call. Trump supporters are now desperate to not let that process take place with Trump, even after cheering the same people for the Hillary investigation. If this deep state nonsense was real, the law would already have Trump. So it's about time they supported letting Trump try, and clear his name, instead of delving into depraved denials.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Lung-Li-Chiao View Post
    You're the one bringing up some blue wave. The deaths weren't ongoing, they were dead, and the law made it's call. Trump supporters are now desperate to not let that process take place with Trump, even after cheering the same people for the Hillary investigation. If this deep state nonsense was real, the law would already have Trump. So it's about time they supported letting Trump try, and clear his name, instead of delving into depraved denials.
    Death is an on-going affair. "The Law Made Its Call" huh? Who be that law?

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DISBAND ICE View Post
    Imagine being so bitter and resentful about a black man being elected president, that you ally with Russia against your own nation in order to protect your privilege

I cannot personally, but I imagine some here do not have to imagine very hard.
    the 1980s called, and they want their foreign policy back.

russia is not and hasn't been our enemy for sometime. even obama thought so only a few years ago.

I love fucking over obama, and I love fucking over liberals like you. I love fucking with our international alliances, and making them trust us less. Even when trump leaves they will have to worry about a future trump when coming up with big multinational agreements. they will think twice. we are going to undermine federal agencies and make them ineffective. We will ruin government. I want the glory of the days of the city state. I want walls around boston. I want to get the natural born serfs that willingly prostrate before almight government and have them dedicate their lives and souls to me instead. you are fucked, we are gonna tear this shit down.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,090 Times in 33,817 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I used to think that.

But lately I am realizing that was just part of his game.

He approached that election with all the possibilities covered.

Yes, he stood to benefit from losing. And he knew that, was prepared for it, truly expected it.

But he also wanted to win, wanted the power of the presidency. He didn't think he would get it, was surprised when he did.

I guess he didn't realize how powerful Putin is.

But he should know.

Putin has probably been extorting Trump for many years, giving him a little, taking a lot, keeping him going like the golden goose.

Trump is Putin's Golden Goose.
    He thought he was smarter than Putin, he still does. He makes the best deals. He is so out of his league, he can’t comprehend it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-14-2018)