Thread: Bourbon is here ...

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
    Immigrants have done more for this country than you ever will, even in your wildest hyper-nationalist wet dreams.
    what does that have to do with the question of how we decide who should be allowed to immigrate.......an immigrant murdered a woman a few months ago.....did HE do more for this country than I ever will in my wildest hyper-nationalist wet dreams?........(by the way, was that your winning demmycrat idea?....if so, it really sucked)......

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I dontn want people in my party fightingn everything we try to do

he needs to understand the facts or get out of the party

does he care about our members being cheated out of the right to vote?

this guy obviously doestn care about anyone but himself

he doesnt belong in a party that its WHOLE platform is about being caring of their fellow man
    I don't think you are understanding me. There are only two parties in this country that can significantly influence policy and about 200 million voters. Naturally, that many people are not going to agree with the party they choose on everything.

we are massively bigger than the republicann party already and will get bigger when we dont kneel to stupid sociopathic lies to retain SOME members
    Is that why your party lost to a reality star with his foot permanently implanted inside his mouth?

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't think you are understanding me. There are only two parties in this country that can significantly influence policy and about 200 million voters. Naturally, that many people are not going to agree with the party they choose on everything.

Is that why your party lost to a reality star with his foot permanently implanted inside his mouth?
    that was decades of republican election cheating and a helping hand from Putin dude

now again do you realize the libertarians are economic idiots

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

there is this new thing called the independents

the republican party will die because of this embrace of lies and racism

a new party will form

read American history

its happend repeatedly

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

tell me why you call your self a libertarian?

do you know that whole ec onomic crap they spew is based on a school ofn economics that doesnt like math?
    I do not agree with their economic policy, that is why I specified "Left-Libertarian." I am a libertarian because I believe strongly that government does not have our best interests in mind. They are vastly inefficient, self-serving, psychopathic, and corrupt. On both sides of the aisle. I am almost identical to the Libertarian Party platform as far as my beliefs on civil liberties, personal freedoms, and a non-interventionist foreign policy. I support gun rights, drug legalization, prostitution legalization, open borders, ending government surveillance, demilitarizing police...just for a few examples. I very much believe in limiting government power as much as possible, as I believe them to be a main cause in our problems rather than the solution to all our problems.

Where I tend to differ from the average libertarian is I believe that big corporations/banks are just as inefficient, self-serving, psychopathic, and corrupt. And just as much to blame for many of our problems. That's what makes me left-libertarian. I, support an economic system, still with a free market, but built on the principles of mutual aid rather than a capitalist rat race. For example, I support creating cooperative businesses instead of corporations, credit unions instead of banks, health shares instead of health insurance companies, etc. And I support a catch all social safety net in the form of a Universal Basic Income system which will gut government welfare bureaucracy in favor of a simplistic system that takes care of the most basic needs of all our people.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-14-2018)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I do not agree with their economic policy, that is why I specified "Left-Libertarian." I am a libertarian because I believe strongly that government does not have our best interests in mind. They are vastly inefficient, self-serving, psychopathic, and corrupt. On both sides of the aisle. I am almost identical to the Libertarian Party platform as far as my beliefs on civil liberties, personal freedoms, and a non-interventionist foreign policy. I support gun rights, drug legalization, prostitution legalization, open borders, ending government surveillance, demilitarizing police...just for a few examples. I very much believe in limiting government power as much as possible, as I believe them to be a main cause in our problems rather than the solution to all our problems.

Where I tend to differ from the average libertarian is I believe that big corporations/banks are just as inefficient, self-serving, psychopathic, and corrupt. And just as much to blame for many of our problems. That's what makes me left-libertarian. I, instead, support an economic system, still with a free market, but built on mutual aid. For example, cooperative businesses instead of corporations, credit unions instead of banks, health shares instead of health insurance companies, etc. And I support a catch all social safety net in the form of a Universal Basic Income system which will gut government welfare bureaucracy in favor of a simplistic system that takes care of the most basic needs of all our people.
    Very interesting, especially your last paragraph. I am not as libertarian or far left as you describe your own viewpoint. But I can agree with some of what you said there, particularly about the corruption and inefficiencies of mega-corporations. Which, despite that one Supreme Court ruling, are not "people too, my friend." Have you been on this board for a while? Nice to meet you.
    Last edited by ThatOwlWoman; 01-15-2018 at 08:30 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

TrippyHippy (01-14-2018)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

that was decades of republican election cheating and a helping hand from Putin dude

Not even dignifying that little number with a response.

now again do you realize the libertarians are economic idiots
    I have responded to that question. It took a minute to type the explanation.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Very interesting, especially your last paragraph. I am not as libertarian or far left as you describe your own viewpoint. But I can agree with some of what you said there, particularly about the corruption and inefficiencies of mega-corporations. Which, despite that one Supreme Court ruling, are "not people too, my friend." Have you been on this board for a while? Nice to meet you.
    I just joined yesterday. Nice to meet you too! I have seen you post around the forum a bit, and from what I've seen you seem to be a rational-minded member. Very good to see on a forum that thus far appears to have alot of diehard partisans.
    Last edited by TrippyHippy; 01-14-2018 at 11:48 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-14-2018)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just joined yesterday. Nice to meet you too! I have seen you post around the forum a bit, and from what I've seen you seem to be a rational-minded member. Very good to see on a forum that thus far appears to have alot of diehard partisans.
    Yep, we are quite passionate about our points of view, for sure. Welcome, glad you're here!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

TrippyHippy (01-14-2018)

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Welcome all, join the fun, but be careful when calling a spade a spade.

"Simone Weil wrote that “to be rooted is perhaps the most important and least recognized need of the human soul.” The modern condition of rootlessness is a foundational experience of totalitarianism; totalitarian movements succeed when they offer rootless people what they most crave: an ideologically consistent world aiming at grand narratives that give meaning to their lives. By consistently repeating a few key ideas, a manipulative leader provides a sense of rootedness grounded upon a coherent fiction that is “consistent, comprehensible, and predictable.” https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/...talitarianism/

"The supreme mystery of despotism, its prop and stay, is to keep men in a state of deception, and with the specious title of religion to cloak the fear by which they must be held in check, so that they will fight for their servitude as if for salvation." Baruch Spinoza
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

15. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-15-2018)

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

we dont like idiots

your party is their party
    deplorable

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

fuck off

go join the republicans

you dont belong in the Democratic party

we dont want you

you hate the party

dont be a member

we dont need assholes trying to fuck us from inside
    LOL

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Welcome all, join the fun, but be careful when calling a spade a spade.
    You're nothing but a filthy racist.

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Do you have any basis for this accusation? Because it looks like you're throwing him to the wolves just because you disagree with him on 3 issues. So he's not all that environmentally friendly, he owns a gun, and abortion isn't his biggest issue (mind you, he never said he was pro-life either) and now he's a fake Democrat? What about the dozens of other issues in the Democrat platform? What about wealthy inequality? Social safety nets? LGBTQ rights? Drug policy?

This is my problem with partisans... you have to fall completely in-line, or you must be with the other side.
    It's interesting we're often told we must vote for the Democrat or Republican because voting third party is throwing away your vote. Yet if you don't agree fully with what either party purports to support you are told you aren't a real member of that party. Especially for national elections not all 150 or 200 million people who vote share the same beliefs. And many don't even share the same beliefs of the person they vote for. Yet we still demand this purity.

Politics are interesting.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sailor (01-17-2018), TrippyHippy (01-17-2018)