Members banned from this thread: SmarterthanYou, Cancel 2018. 3, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Cancel 2018.2, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, Mitchthomas20172017, coolzone, rhym3pays and LV426

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember When There Was News About Other Things Besides The President?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Boo.....Have fun this week...be glad that you wake up on the right side of the dirt...and that you can p....s
    Yeah...I will. You are absolutely right...that is very, very important to be thankful for what is right about one's world.

But to fill the time...

...gotta spend hours at the keyboard!

And...well...ya know!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

TOP (07-23-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I think President Trump is going to be really depressed when he leaves office. This man is such an attention hog I don't think he's going to handle it very well when the news is NOT all about him.

He's not a very good leader. He's a terrible micro-manager. He wants to tell everybody how to do everything.

He even tried to tell PM May how to do Brexit.

A good president is a good leader.

Donald Trump is not a leader. He doesn't trust people to know what they're doing. He doesn't listen to good advice. He's a controller, not a leader.

He wants to control everything, control the media, control the headlines.

How often does the news begin the same way?

"In the headlines today, President Trump ..."

It's ALWAYS about him! He's SO insecure. And nothing makes him happy. He sits there in those meetings with his arms crossed tightly and this strained pout on his face.

He doesn't look comfortable. He looks like he wishes he could crawl out of his skin.

It's like he knows he is a Fake President, and he's afraid of being exposed.

I gotta tell ya, that Sarah Sanders is a freaking magician. She's got to try to explain and justify what Donald Trump says and tweets? Ha! Wow, she is amazing. And she does it all with a straight face. What an actress! Really nice act. Really amazing. It probably galls Trump that she's not a babe. I wonder why he didn't pick Ivanka for that job?

I long for the days when the president let everybody do their job and didn't have to be the center of attention all the time. It was nice when you never knew what the news was going to be about. These days, hardly a newscast airs without some kind of story about Trump. Usually a controversy, too. Turmoil just swirls around this man. Either somebody is accusing him of something, he is accusing somebody else of something, he is involved in a scandal, or an investigation. Or he is backtracking something he said, reversing positions on something if it didn't play well for him in the press. In his view.

I bet he has set the record for the president who has been involved in the most lawsuits in his life. And he must have the record for being the president with the most news stories about him. Usually not good, either.

I look forward to a future when we can have the news be about something else besides the president!
    Agree on most counts. trump will be depressed after he leaves the WH in shame alright, but not because of the impending obscurity. He can continue to make the news via toilet tweets. No...trump will sink into despair because every time his name is mentioned, he'll be portrayed as an incompetent buffoon who made Dubyah look like a genius.

trump's daily barrage of headline grabbing comments is by design. He quietly destroys the nation from the bottom up, and nobody even knows about it.

His every move is aimed at his re election. He's just that stupid.

And his weekly Klan rallies are simply necessary to raise money to pay for his defense attorneys.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think President Trump is going to be really depressed when he leaves office. This man is such an attention hog I don't think he's going to handle it very well when the news is NOT all about him.

He's not a very good leader. He's a terrible micro-manager. He wants to tell everybody how to do everything.

He even tried to tell PM May how to do Brexit.

A good president is a good leader.

Donald Trump is not a leader. He doesn't trust people to know what they're doing. He doesn't listen to good advice. He's a controller, not a leader.

He wants to control everything, control the media, control the headlines.

How often does the news begin the same way?

"In the headlines today, President Trump ..."

It's ALWAYS about him! He's SO insecure. And nothing makes him happy. He sits there in those meetings with his arms crossed tightly and this strained pout on his face.

He doesn't look comfortable. He looks like he wishes he could crawl out of his skin.

It's like he knows he is a Fake President, and he's afraid of being exposed.

I gotta tell ya, that Sarah Sanders is a freaking magician. She's got to try to explain and justify what Donald Trump says and tweets? Ha! Wow, she is amazing. And she does it all with a straight face. What an actress! Really nice act. Really amazing. It probably galls Trump that she's not a babe. I wonder why he didn't pick Ivanka for that job?

I long for the days when the president let everybody do their job and didn't have to be the center of attention all the time. It was nice when you never knew what the news was going to be about. These days, hardly a newscast airs without some kind of story about Trump. Usually a controversy, too. Turmoil just swirls around this man. Either somebody is accusing him of something, he is accusing somebody else of something, he is involved in a scandal, or an investigation. Or he is backtracking something he said, reversing positions on something if it didn't play well for him in the press. In his view.

I bet he has set the record for the president who has been involved in the most lawsuits in his life. And he must have the record for being the president with the most news stories about him. Usually not good, either.

I look forward to a future when we can have the news be about something else besides the president!

Donald Trump will spend the rest of his days ... Trolling whoever is the next President.

BELIEVE ME
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-23-2018), Phantasmal (08-03-2018), PoliTalker (07-23-2018)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bourbon,

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Donald Trump will spend the rest of his days ... Trolling whoever is the next President.

BELIEVE ME
    Totally agree.

He'll be tweeting until his fingers won't tweet.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Hello Bourbon,

Totally agree.

He'll be tweeting until his fingers won't tweet.
    Not if the people grow up, and ignore his ignorant ass like they should have done when he announced his candidacy.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-23-2018)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Trump threatened another war today. He uses it as a diversion. Who can bitch about Trump payoffs when there might be a nuclear war with Iran, this time. Last time he needed a diversion he used North Korea. Wonder who is next?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-23-2018)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    When this asshole leaves office, I don't want the media to post anymore Trump tweets, relegate Trump to the ash piles of history!

he wont be allowed to tweet from his cell

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    he wont be allowed to tweet from his cell
    He either a) never goes to prison, or b) it's a country club prison and he'll be hanging with Bernie Madoff.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trumps immature use of twitter guarantees his name will be in public every day. He got the news on himself again today. Trump's understanding of how the government and diplomacy work is abysmal. But he knows how to stir up the misinformed. He knows he needs them to keep from a Dem sweep. This week he bitched about standing for the anthem, an oldie but goodie. He hit Iran and North Korea. Stirring up the borscht. He crabbed about Cohen not being loyal after he abandoned him. There is more, but Trump is old fashioned and believes any press is good press.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 07-23-2018 at 11:16 AM.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Hello evince,

He either a) never goes to prison, or b) it's a country club prison and he'll be hanging with Bernie Madoff.
    No matter how negative my considerations about this clown are...I do not want to ever see him in prison...no matter what he has done.

If you ever see an American ex-president...or an ex-major party nominee for the presidency in prison...

...you can kiss the idea of an American Republic good-bye.

Third world nations do that. We don't.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-23-2018)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    No matter how negative my considerations about this clown are...I do not want to ever see him in prison...no matter what he has done.

If you ever see an American ex-president...or an ex-major party nominee for the presidency in prison...

...you can kiss the idea of an American Republic good-bye.

Third world nations do that. We don't.
    Yeah, you're probably right. They pardoned Nixon.

If ever there were a president much of the nation wanted in prison, he was it. And he would have deserved it.

Maybe becoming president was the only way Trump could ever hope to get away with all he has done in his life, once and for all, and be assured he won't ever do time for any of it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-23-2018)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The presidency ages you quickly. Trump is already the oldest president, ever. If he was actually doing the job, he would be close to checkout time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-26-2018)

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Remember When There Was News About Other Things Besides The President?

Sure, but we've never had such a child in this office before who needs the attention.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-26-2018)

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The presidency ages you quickly. Trump is already the oldest president, ever. If he was actually doing the job, he would be close to checkout time.
    It would appear he already has checked out and gone back to Reality TV.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-26-2018)