Members banned from this thread: SmarterthanYou, Cancel 2018. 3, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Cancel 2018.2, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, Mitchthomas20172017, coolzone, rhym3pays and LV426

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivanka Trump Criticized For Hypocritical Jobs Inotiative

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Ivanka Trump Criticized For Hypocritical Jobs Inotiative

She DESERVES to be criticized!!!

"​Democrats have accused first daughter Ivanka Trump of being a "hypocrite" and "faux feminist" for touting a new White House initiative to train a​nd hire Americans, while her clothing company's factories overseas reportedly treat and pay workers poorly.

Democratic National Committee spokesperson Elizabeth Renda issued a statement Thursday after the initiative was launched, calling out Trump's "blatant hypocrisy."

The first daughter in an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal, ahead of President Donald Trump's executive order, detailed the new council, campaign and pledge around training, retraining and filling jobs with American workers in line with the Trump campaign promise to "hire American."

"We call upon employers large and small to join this crucial initiative to create more jobs, strengthen our economy and restore hopeful futures to countless families," Ivanka Trump wrote."

"She neglected to mention that her own company has suppliers in China and other countries, with complaints of worker mistreatment.

“While Ivanka Trump is busy writing op-eds calling on American companies to ‘create more jobs, strengthen our economy and restore hopeful futures to countless families,’" Renda said, "Workers in countries like Indonesia, China, Vietnam, Bangladesh and India are busy too - working in conditions below industry standards to manufacture clothing and shoes for the first daughter’s namesake brand.""

"The American people will not be fooled by the Trumps’ political publicity stunts calling for the creation of more American jobs, and they won’t fall for Ivanka’s faux feminism," Renda continued. "The reality of how this family runs its own businesses is clear: choosing not to buy American, hire American, or make meaningful investments in American workers.”

Ivanka Trump's company relies exclusively on factories in countries including China, Bangladesh and Indonesia with low-wage workers who don't have much of an opportunity to speak out, The Washington Post found in an investigation last year. She has also been accused of staying silent on alleged labor abuses at the factories.

Renda raised another reason Ivanka Trump has been called a hypocrite.

"The first daughter and special adviser to the president loves to portray herself as a champion for working women, but one look inside the overseas factories where she chooses to manufacture her products proves that she is anything but," Renda stated. "The women manufacturing ‘Ivanka Trump’ clothes and shoes are paid so little that many of them are forced to live without their own children.""

NewsWeek
    I watched an interview by Fox News:

Ivanka Trump said: "Over close to 4 million jobs were agreed to" -timestamp 1:18

What is 'over close to? That's gobbledegook. It's political double talk. Either it is over, or it is close to. It can't be both. One is more, the other is less.

Later she said:

"3.8 million jobs were committed to yesterday" -timestamp 2:20

So there is no 'over' about it; it's 3.8 million. That's close to 4 million. It is not OVER.

What utter SWAMP-TALK! She's not draining the swamp. She's become PART OF IT.

"One of the CEOs who signed the pledge, he started out loading trucks at UPS." -timestamp 3:30 More baloney.

I looked up who is the CEO of UPS. His name is David Abney. He was already in college when he took a job loading trucks at UPS. He did not 'start out loading trucks.' He was a college kid. And she talks about opportunities for family-supporting jobs without a college education. She's got a BA, herself.

Then she claimed he signed the pledge to create pathways for other kids to do just the same. I have to wonder how many people can be CEO?

Conservatives are all about having the chance to work your way up, and that is all fine and well, but that is not a plan for most people. Most people are never going to be CEO. There can only be one CEO in a giant corporation. Everybody can't be CEO. There needs to be a good life for most people, not just that one person who goes further than everybody else!

Ivanka is executive vice-president of the Trump organization. Obviously she got her job because she is daughter of Donald Trump. She is a poor example for the pretense of 'working one's way up.'

Her clothing line uses low-paid foreign workers who are fearful to even speak up for their rights like American workers might do.

It is highly ironic for Ivanka Trump to be talking about American jobs when she is using foreign workers and not putting America First in her own business, It sets a poor example for somebody who got their job because they were born into a rich family to be talking about working one's way up and providing opportunities that she herself does not provide.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-23-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-22-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stupid vacuous cunt. Buy Ivanka, exclusively tarriff free overseas goods for american peasants. Did I mention my husband is bringing peace to the middle east?

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why do I never see a typo in the title until it's too late to edit?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    She DESERVES to be criticized!!!

I watched an interview by Fox News:

Ivanka Trump said: "Over close to 4 million jobs were agreed to" -timestamp 1:18

What is 'over close to? That's gobbledegook. It's political double talk. Either it is over, or it is close to. It can't be both. One is more, the other is less.

Later she said:

"3.8 million jobs were committed to yesterday" -timestamp 2:20

So there is no 'over' about it; it's 3.8 million. That's close to 4 million. It is not OVER.

What utter SWAMP-TALK! She's not draining the swamp. She's become PART OF IT.

"One of the CEOs who signed the pledge, he started out loading trucks at UPS." -timestamp 3:30 More baloney.

I looked up who is the CEO of UPS. His name is David Abney. He was already in college when he took a job loading trucks at UPS. He did not 'start out loading trucks.' He was a college kid. And she talks about opportunities for family-supporting jobs without a college education. She's got a BA, herself.

Then she claimed he signed the pledge to create pathways for other kids to do just the same. I have to wonder how many people can be CEO?

Conservatives are all about having the chance to work your way up, and that is all fine and well, but that is not a plan for most people. Most people are never going to be CEO. There can only be one CEO in a giant corporation. Everybody can't be CEO. There needs to be a good life for most people, not just that one person who goes further than everybody else!

Ivanka is executive vice-president of the Trump organization. Obviously she got her job because she is daughter of Donald Trump. She is a poor example for the pretense of 'working one's way up.'

Her clothing line uses low-paid foreign workers who are fearful to even speak up for their rights like American workers might do.

It is highly ironic for Ivanka Trump to be talking about American jobs when she is using foreign workers and not putting America First in her own business, It sets a poor example for somebody who got their job because they were born into a rich family to be talking about working one's way up and providing opportunities that she herself does not provide.
    Her father is doing the exact same thing, manufacturing in China and hiring HB2 workers here.

He could at least lead by example, rather than ,"Do as I say, not as I do", yet the Trumpocrites defend even this.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-23-2018), PoliTalker (07-23-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I still can't get over the doubletalk.

"Over close to 4 million jobs were agreed to"

Well, at least if you're are getting lied to it's nice to have a pretty face to do the lying.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I still can't get over the doubletalk.

"Over close to 4 million jobs were agreed to"

Well, at least if you're are getting lied to it's nice to have a pretty face to do the lying.
    Wtf does "over close to .... " mean? Nothing, nothing at all, just like her hooker chasing dad who got those store bought titties for her.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She should know about creating jobs. She has created lots of jobs - in Indonesia and China.

Ivanka puts China First!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-23-2018)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why do I never see a typo in the title until it's too late to edit?
    I thought it was a clever new word. Inotiative: (I nah shi a tiv) A faux initiative
    LOL

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Wtf does "over close to .... " mean? Nothing, nothing at all, just like her hooker chasing dad who got those store bought titties for her.
    Close to 4 million would be in the range of above 3.85 million but less than 3.95 million, which would be classified as almost 4 million. Therefore, it must be between 3.85 million and 3.95 million. That's assuming I haven't missed anything.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Close to 4 million would be in the range of above 3.85 million but less than 3.95 million, which would be classified as almost 4 million. Therefore, it must be between 3.85 million and 3.95 million. That's assuming I haven't missed anything.
    Close to over 4 million. You know, like if it was 200,001 more it would be over 4 million, but if it was less it wouldn't, so it's close to over 4 million.

But it isn't.

Because it's not.

Does that make sense?

Or is that just blonde logic? Maybe it would sound better coming from Chrissy Snow...

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    No, you covered that it means nothing. She word salad shooters like her deadbeat dad.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

tinfoil (07-23-2018)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

Close to over 4 million. You know, like if it was 200,001 more it would be over 4 million, but if it was less it wouldn't, so it's close to over 4 million.

But it isn't.

Because it's not.

Does that make sense?

Or is that just blonde logic? Maybe it would sound better coming from Chrissy Snow...
    I tried to make the most sense of what she said using the language of Trump. I assume it must be equivalent to "nearly 4 million", although you could argue that would be closer than "close to". It is very confusing, I admit. But I'm smarter than a Trump, so I should be able to figure this out.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is crazy language. An imprecise modifier for another imprecise modifier? Really poor grammar at the very least.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Only the democrats would get butt hurt that the government is working to facilitate education, retraining and employment simply because Trump initiated it.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Only the democrats would get butt hurt that the government is working to facilitate education, retraining and employment simply because Trump initiated it.
    Now do you really think these corporate heads had zero intention of hiring new workers until President Trump said they should, and then they suddenly agreed to expand and hire 'close to over' 4 million workers?

Just because Trump said so?

Ya know what I think?

I think they already intended to hire this many more workers and Trump is merely claiming credit for it.

Workers get replaced all the time.

A lot of these hard-nosed employers don't want to hear about people's personal lives. Any worker with a personal need is fired. If you can't do the work, you get replaced. They don't care if your kid is sick, if your car died, if you are grieving for the loss of a family member, if you need to take time off to nurture a newly born child, create a little bonding for a functional society member. None of that. You either show up and do the job or somebody else will.

Employers replace people all the time. They don't care. They design the jobs so that everybody is expendable. The purpose of capitalism is not to provide jobs. Providing jobs is a nuisance. As soon as they can they will eliminate jobs. The best case for employers is if every worker could be replaced by a machine or offshored to a cheap labor country.

Do you think they count all the lost workers when they talk about these things? Ivanka mentioned that people lose jobs. She talked about some new jobs, but she inadvertently mentioned that only some of the people losing jobs would ever find a new one.

These 4 million jobs were probably 'close to over' all planned on before this meaningless Trump claim to have created them.

This is just classic Trump taking credit for something somebody else did.