Thread: ‘We’ve got the White House on speed dial’: Here’s how Evangelical Christians are infl

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,603 Times in 9,132 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default ‘We’ve got the White House on speed dial’: Here’s how Evangelical Christians are infl

Christians in the Bible Belt voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump. How do they reconcile his actions with their beliefs?

In a deep dive into how Evangelical Christians are able to reconcile their deeply held beliefs with their support for President Donald Trump, the Washington Post [3] discovered a considerable amount of compromise along with a belief that he may be part of God’s plan despite his un-Christian life.

As the Post reports, “It was summer, and all over the Bible Belt, support for President Trump was rising among voters who had traditionally proclaimed the importance of Christian character in leaders and warned of the slippery slope of moral compromise. In Crenshaw County, where Luverne is located, Trump had won 72 percent of the vote.”

“Recent national polls showed the president’s approval among white evangelical Christians at a high of 77 percent,” the report added. “One survey indicated that his support among Southern Baptists was even higher, surpassing 80 percent, and these were the people arriving on Sunday morning to hear what their pastor had to say.”

Interviews with Christian congregants in the Alabama community revealed a stubbornness to attack Trump for his faults, with one member of the First Baptist church remarking Trump is God’s chosen one. According to Jewell Killough, 82, “Oh, I feel like the Lord heard our prayers and gave us a second chance before the end times,” The retiree went on to defend the President from the slings and arrows of national reportage on his missteps and history of womanizing, saying, “I think they are trying to frame him.” According to Brett Green, 33, he was directed to vote for Trump by the “Holy Spirit.” “That’s why we have the Holy Spirit,” Green explained.

Saying his support of the president is “like a gut feeling” despite Trump’s failings. Green went so far as to defend Trump’s Un-Christain comments about taking strangers in, referring to when the president reportedly asked, “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries coming here?”

“Jesus Christ was born in Nazareth, and Nazareth was a shithole at that time,” Green rationalized. “Someone might say, ‘How could anything good come out of a place like that?’ Well, Jesus came out of a place like that.”

Green’s wife, Misty, a 32-year-old federal worker, expressed displeasure with Trump’s habit of insulting people, such as calling them “stupid” or “loser, ” but she wasn’t ready to condemn him.

“A lot of his actions I don’t agree with,” she stated. “But we are not to judge.”

Fellow congregant Jack Jones, admitted that he has struggled with reports of Trump’s infidelities, stating, “We stick strictly to the Bible that a divorced man is not able to be a deacon,” while pointedly mentioning allegations that the President had an affair with an adult film start and a Playboy Playmate.

“It’s difficult, that’s for sure,” He stated, with his wife, Linda, chiming, in, “George Washington had a mistress. Thomas Jefferson did, too. Roosevelt had a mistress with him when he died. Eisenhower. Kennedy.”

“None of the are lily-white,” her husband agreed.

Like many members of the church, Terry Drew said that abortion is front and center when it comes to support for Trump and that he is willing to look the other way because he believes Trump is anti-choice.

“I hate it,” he explained. “My wife and I talk about it all the time. We rationalize the immoral things away. We don’t like it, but we look at the alternative, and think it could be worse than this.”

The alternative, in their view was Hillary Clinton, who they described as “Of Satan.”

“She hates me,” Drew confided . “She has contempt for people like me, and [First Baptist Pastor Clay Crum], and people who love God and believe in the Second Amendment. I think if she had her way it would be a dangerous country for the likes of me.”

By Tom Boggioni

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/weve-got-the-white-house-on-speed-dial-heres-how-evangelical-christians-are-influencing-trump/

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

evince (07-22-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-22-2018), Jack (07-22-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Kenny wants us to vote for politicians who support welfare and ObamaCare.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Could you be anymore simpleminded?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

evince (07-22-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

because Jesus supported the poor and sick

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have to, too many of our fellow white citizens depend upon these programs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-22-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    because Jesus supported the poor and sick
    We don't follow the teachings of Christ, we're a Christian nation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

evince (07-22-2018)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,820 Times in 14,169 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Christians in the Bible Belt voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump. How do they reconcile his actions with their beliefs?

In a deep dive into how Evangelical Christians are able to reconcile their deeply held beliefs with their support for President Donald Trump, the Washington Post [3] discovered a considerable amount of compromise along with a belief that he may be part of God’s plan despite his un-Christian life.

As the Post reports, “It was summer, and all over the Bible Belt, support for President Trump was rising among voters who had traditionally proclaimed the importance of Christian character in leaders and warned of the slippery slope of moral compromise. In Crenshaw County, where Luverne is located, Trump had won 72 percent of the vote.”

“Recent national polls showed the president’s approval among white evangelical Christians at a high of 77 percent,” the report added. “One survey indicated that his support among Southern Baptists was even higher, surpassing 80 percent, and these were the people arriving on Sunday morning to hear what their pastor had to say.”

Interviews with Christian congregants in the Alabama community revealed a stubbornness to attack Trump for his faults, with one member of the First Baptist church remarking Trump is God’s chosen one. According to Jewell Killough, 82, “Oh, I feel like the Lord heard our prayers and gave us a second chance before the end times,” The retiree went on to defend the President from the slings and arrows of national reportage on his missteps and history of womanizing, saying, “I think they are trying to frame him.” According to Brett Green, 33, he was directed to vote for Trump by the “Holy Spirit.” “That’s why we have the Holy Spirit,” Green explained.

Saying his support of the president is “like a gut feeling” despite Trump’s failings. Green went so far as to defend Trump’s Un-Christain comments about taking strangers in, referring to when the president reportedly asked, “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries coming here?”

“Jesus Christ was born in Nazareth, and Nazareth was a shithole at that time,” Green rationalized. “Someone might say, ‘How could anything good come out of a place like that?’ Well, Jesus came out of a place like that.”

Green’s wife, Misty, a 32-year-old federal worker, expressed displeasure with Trump’s habit of insulting people, such as calling them “stupid” or “loser, ” but she wasn’t ready to condemn him.

“A lot of his actions I don’t agree with,” she stated. “But we are not to judge.”

Fellow congregant Jack Jones, admitted that he has struggled with reports of Trump’s infidelities, stating, “We stick strictly to the Bible that a divorced man is not able to be a deacon,” while pointedly mentioning allegations that the President had an affair with an adult film start and a Playboy Playmate.

“It’s difficult, that’s for sure,” He stated, with his wife, Linda, chiming, in, “George Washington had a mistress. Thomas Jefferson did, too. Roosevelt had a mistress with him when he died. Eisenhower. Kennedy.”

Like many members of the church, Terry Drew said that abortion is front and center when it comes to support for Trump and that he is willing to look the other way because he believes Trump is anti-choice.

“I hate it,” he explained. “My wife and I talk about it all the time. We rationalize the immoral things away. We don’t like it, but we look at the alternative, and think it could be worse than this.”

The alternative, in their view was Hillary Clinton, who they described as “Of Satan.”

“She hates me,” Drew confided . “She has contempt for people like me, and [First Baptist Pastor Clay Crum], and people who love God and believe in the Second Amendment. I think if she had her way it would be a dangerous country for the likes of me.”

By Tom Boggioni

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/weve-got-the-white-house-on-speed-dial-heres-how-evangelical-christians-are-influencing-trump/

Thankfully the Untermensch are dying off
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post

By Tom Boggioni

Heck, I could have told you that. Evangelicals are going to vote for a repentant pro-America sinner over a no-talent heathen like the hildebeast every time.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    We don't follow the teachings of Christ, we're a Christian nation.
    You misunderstand what it means to be a Christian nation.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milomason View Post
    Could you be anymore simpleminded?
    Let me answer that for Herbbillie; "no".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Fentoine Lum (07-22-2018)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You misunderstand what it means to be a Christian nation.
    No hon, america has fucked up what it means to be a Christian nation; ain't no Christ in our Christian, just bombs.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    No hon, america has fucked up what it means to be a Christian nation; ain't no Christ in our Christian, just bombs.
    So how exactly were we supposed to teach the Vietnamese they were heading in the wrong direction?

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So how exactly were we supposed to teach the Vietnamese they were heading in the wrong direction?
    Hang on, I'm trying to envision you having anything to teach someone.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Thankfully the Untermensch are dying off
    Yo bitch! Untermensch translates to "subhuman creature." Jewish Supremacists are very similar to Nazi's.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    Evangelicals are going to vote for a repentant pro-America sinner over a no-talent heathen like the hildebeast every time.
    Are you saying Trump is repentant? I'd like to see that!