Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I, too, wish that Trump had fought in Vietnam and earned a Medal of Honor

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Versus what? Capitalism american style? Economic system pissing matches? Banking systems?
    There aren't too many economic system pissing matches anymore, because only one of them actually works. No one is worried that some Marxist state is suddenly going to overwhelm our own economic strength. We just worry that the body count could rise to the levels previously achieved during the 20th Century.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    There aren't too many economic system pissing matches anymore, because only one of them actually works. No one is worried that some Marxist state is suddenly going to overwhelm our own economic strength. We just worry that the body count could rise to the levels previously achieved during the 20th Century.
    Only one of them, these backward looking european derived economic visions, in the evolutionary arch of the planet is currently able to fund a global occupational militarist empire. These things come and go, but the short term euro/capitalist self-obsessed perceptual reality misses the longer planetary evolutionary view. This is not all there is to choose from, this false choice we're advertised by the entrenched.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Only one of them, these backward looking european derived economic visions, in the evolutionary arch of the planet is currently able to fund a global occupational militarist empire. These things come and go, but the short term euro/capitalist self-obsessed perceptual reality misses the longer planetary evolutionary view. This is not all there is to choose from, this false choice we're advertised by the entrenched.
    Until someone dreams-up an economic system that is capable of performing and competing with reality (aka capitalism), it's hardly a false choice.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Until someone dreams-up an economic system that is capable of performing and competing with reality (aka capitalism), it's hardly a false choice.
    Oh I know the shtick, stay in line, do the drill, get a get by job, don't question concentrated wealth and power until you have more and can overtake them. Human progress-n-shit. Bottom line baby. Scalps. Slaves. Torture. Don't look at your taxbucks going to fund genocide. No footprint on the world you feel at all. I know.

Humanity will evolve on away from this, as it always has, your view in my view is simply too short term. Focusing the economic system of the planet, upon models developed in the "age of discovery" will murder the ecosystem we all depend upon.

I'll assume we might disagree on much of that.
    Last edited by Fentoine Lum; 07-21-2018 at 01:20 AM.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh I know the shtick, stay in line, do the drill, get a get by job, don't question concentrated wealth and power until you have more and can overtake them. Human progress-n-shit. Bottom line baby. Scalps. Slaves. Torture. Don't look at your taxbucks going to fund genocide. No footprint on the world you feel at all. I know.

Humanity will evolve on away from this, as it always has, your view in my view is simply too short term.
    Your side burned itself out in less than 80 years with all of the mass killings and prison camps.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your side burned itself out in less than 80 years with all of the mass killings and prison camps.
    My side? Ok, sorry, fuck that, never mind, night.