Thread: "What Climate Change Looks Like In 2018"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,004 Times in 13,819 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,035 Times in 2,831 Posts

Default "What Climate Change Looks Like In 2018"

"It’s only July, but it has already been a long, hot spring and summer. The contiguous U.S. endured the warmest May ever recorded, and in June, the average temperature was 1.7 degrees Celsius (3.0 degrees Fahrenheit) above the 20th century average. Iowa, New Mexico and Texas set record highs for their minimum temperatures in June, and as of July 3, nearly 30 percent of the Lower 48 was experiencing drought conditions. And it’s not just the U.S. During the first five months of 2018, nearly every continent experienced record warm temperatures, and May 2018 marked the 401st consecutive month in which temperatures exceeded the 20th century average."

"The Trump White House is not just failing to do climate, doing its best to stop every advance we’ve made in the last 20 years"

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-like-in-2018/

Hoax created by Chinese

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,309 Times in 14,058 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

What policy actions would you like to see taken archives?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

I just read that despite leaving the PCA, the US cut more carbon emissions than any other country.

So there's that.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...dia-ignore-it/
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-20-2018)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm in the outer banks regio of North Carolina in our beach house. Lots of rain this week,
    and most recent weeks from what I've been told. Water is very warm. Like climate change warm.
    At least I can surf cast and have the beach to myself. It's nice to be able to fall out of bed into the sand.
    I played some golf at the CC. There is an eagle's nest on the course. Glad to see that. Also an alligator on number
    17 pond by one of the houses. I rented a skiff and went out by myself into the ocean. Caught nothing from the boat. I caught a mess of croakers
    and a flounder from the surf.

Nice to see they are doing more recycling here, less smoking and getting rid of plastic straws.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-20-2018)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I just read that despite leaving the PCA, the US cut more carbon emissions than any other country.

So there's that.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...dia-ignore-it/
    I posted an article maybe a month ago that was about the dirty little secret of the EU--their "renewables" include a healthy number of pellets made from timbered American trees. They are exporting their degradation to the US and pretending that they are doing everything right and we are doing everything wrong. The plus side is that American timber stock has increased in recent decades and continues to improve. It is unfortunate that most of it is new stock and not the old growth stuff being decimated by EU furnaces.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I'm in the outer banks regio of North Carolina in our beach house. Lots of rain this week,
    and most recent weeks from what I've been told. Water is very warm. Like climate change warm.
    At least I can surf cast and have the beach to myself. It's nice to be able to fall out of bed into the sand.
    I played some golf at the CC. There is an eagle's nest on the course. Glad to see that. Also an alligator on number
    17 pond by one of the houses. I rented a skiff and went out by myself into the ocean. Caught nothing from the boat. I caught a mess of croakers
    and a flounder from the surf.

Nice to see they are doing more recycling here, less smoking and getting rid of plastic straws.
    At least you got out on the ocean. Fish or not. Have fun.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,189 Times in 52,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "It’s only July, but it has already been a long, hot spring and summer. The contiguous U.S. endured the warmest May ever recorded, and in June, the average temperature was 1.7 degrees Celsius (3.0 degrees Fahrenheit) above the 20th century average. Iowa, New Mexico and Texas set record highs for their minimum temperatures in June, and as of July 3, nearly 30 percent of the Lower 48 was experiencing drought conditions. And it’s not just the U.S. During the first five months of 2018, nearly every continent experienced record warm temperatures, and May 2018 marked the 401st consecutive month in which temperatures exceeded the 20th century average."

"The Trump White House is not just failing to do climate, doing its best to stop every advance we’ve made in the last 20 years"

Hoax created by Chinese

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

moon (07-20-2018)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,004 Times in 13,819 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,035 Times in 2,831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What policy actions would you like to see taken archives?
    Action? Well, it could beginning with the powers that be recognize that it is a reality and stop denying what the Science has established is valid, and echoing BS as it is a China fabricated myth is inane

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,309 Times in 14,058 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Action? Well, it could beginning with the powers that be recognize that it is a reality and stop denying what the Science has established is valid, and echoing BS as it is a China fabricated myth is inane
    Ok. But people agreeing that climate change exists doesn't mean they (will) agree on how best to combat it. You're talking about fundamental changes in our economy.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hoax created by Chinese
    Question in, will James Mountain Inhofe be able to fashion a snowball anytime this winter.