1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Same in OK.
    I think this is a very good idea if we want to live in a world where random ppl are wandering around with lethal weapons in their pockets, purses, etc. What you think, friend?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I think this is a very good idea if we want to live in a world where random ppl are wandering around with lethal weapons in their pockets, purses, etc. What you think, friend?
    I don’t question classes for concealed carry. I think they are excellent and conceived after careful consideration. I am not a proponent for open carry. I do not think classes or undo regulation should be necessary just to purchase a weapon though. The instantaneous background checks are sufficient, IMO.

Edit: I should add since you a fairly new acquaintance that I carry everywhere I am legal to carry. My weapon is like my pocketknife in that I put it on every day. I carefully follow the law and make it a point to know the laws in the states to,which I travel.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I don’t question classes for concealed carry. I think they are excellent and conceived after careful consideration. I am not a proponent for open carry. I do not think classes or undo regulation should be necessary just to purchase a weapon though. The instantaneous background checks are sufficient, IMO.

Edit: I should add since you a fairly new acquaintance that I carry everywhere I am legal to carry. My weapon is like my pocketknife in that I put it on every day. I carefully follow the law and make it a point to know the laws in the states to,which I travel.
    I'm cool with required classes to own a death-dealer.... open carry, concealed, just because you want it.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    damn good thing you're squad mates never had to trust you to watch their backs in combat then.
    So you think war in a combat zone is the same as dealing with a teenage burgler who has no weapons? Just shoot the kid in the face because your fellows in the armed service demand it. You make no sense.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

now I question your so called military experience. As a Marine, I was taught how to use a rifle as a weapon in multiple ways, like using the butt of the rifle to strike an enemy with, or using the barrel end to strike in the face, with or without a bayonet. what branch were you in?
    So. You could use it as a pry bar if you want to. But it is designed as a shooting weapon. It ejects bullets at 3000 fps . Not made to be a hammer.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    So you think war in a combat zone is the same as dealing with a teenage burgler who has no weapons? Just shoot the kid in the face because your fellows in the armed service demand it. You make no sense.
    if there is an individual, or multiple individuals, have broken in to your home, you're a moron if you DON'T consider it a combat situation because YOUR life, or the lives of your family, could be in danger. YOU make no sense, but that's an often times hazard of being a stupid liberal.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So. You could use it as a pry bar if you want to. But it is designed as a shooting weapon. It ejects bullets at 3000 fps . Not made to be a hammer.
    and a baseball bat was made to hit baseballs, but that doesn't mean I can't use it to hit golfballs or an assailants head.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

if there is an individual, or multiple individuals, have broken in to your home, you're a moron if you DON'T consider it a combat situation because YOUR life, or the lives of your family, could be in danger. YOU make no sense, but that's an often times hazard of being a stupid liberal.
    The guy had it happen once. When he figured out likely when and where, he thought just like you. Tough guy who could shoot someone in the face if he tried to break in.Yeah, we know you could mow people down if you were terrified. He thought so too. The point I make is that it isn't that easy to do. I am sure you are a special, special case that would have no feelings about shooting someone. That is whats wrong with being an aggressive pugnacious righty. You can talk tough as hell. But you don''t know.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and a baseball bat was made to hit baseballs, but that doesn't mean I can't use it to hit golfballs or an assailants head.
    Not the same. A gun is designed to shoot projectiles and kill people. You can use it for croquet if you want. But your logic has gone askew.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

That would be unwise, head shots are difficult. They always teach to shoot center body mass.
    Every life matters

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not the same. A gun is designed to shoot projectiles and kill people. You can use it for croquet if you want. But your logic has gone askew.
    Wrong, a gun is designed as a force multiplier, and can be used as a defensive tool. Why do libs hate the concept of self protection? You fuckers are just plain evil.
    Every life matters

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The guy had it happen once. When he figured out likely when and where, he thought just like you. Tough guy who could shoot someone in the face if he tried to break in.Yeah, we know you could mow people down if you were terrified. He thought so too. The point I make is that it isn't that easy to do. I am sure you are a special, special case that would have no feelings about shooting someone. That is whats wrong with being an aggressive pugnacious righty. You can talk tough as hell. But you don''t know.
    As a highly trained United States Marine, I do know and I know i'm quite capable of killing someone.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

do cops carry guns so they can kill people? or to DEFEND themselves and others????????? be very careful how you apply 'logic', so as not to go askew.........

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    That would be unwise, head shots are difficult. They always teach to shoot center body mass.
    he was climbing in a window. You prefer a shot through the house? OK

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

he was climbing in a window. You prefer a shot through the house? OK
    Um, no, this perp was coming through the kitchen. Are you seriously so lacking in comprehensive skills? Wow. Maybe you should consider waiting until an adult can help you.
    Every life matters