Thread: Mythical DGU caught on camera

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Mythical DGU caught on camera

The mythical DGU (defensive gun use) caught on camera. This is a discovery bigger than Sasquatch.

Every life matters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (07-20-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,025 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

It doesn't really matter, it's rarely used, as most just point, and shoot, as novices. Why even throughout forums like this, you have gun jocky's touting about blowing away intruders, like it's some kind of noble act. The reasoning behind a gun is a deterrent, because taking a life because they swipe some goods is rather sick. And to think some of those nanobytes say they are Christian. Maybe gun ownership should require a class in effective defensive usage, to keep point, shoot, kill, from being the ingrained idea for some.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Cypress (07-19-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-20-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    It doesn't really matter, it's rarely used, as most just point, and shoot, as novices. Why even throughout forums like this, you have gun jocky's touting about blowing away intruders, like it's some kind of noble act. The reasoning behind a gun is a deterrent, because taking a life because they swipe some goods is rather sick. And to think some of those nanobytes say they are Christian. Maybe gun ownership should require a class in effective defensive usage, to keep point, shoot, kill, from being the ingrained idea for some.
    Most crimes that are deterred with a gun, the gun isn't fired. That said, being a thief is a choice, so if you get shot, you made a bad choice.
    Oh, and by the way, Christians do own guns. Is it not their right to protect themselves?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (07-20-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

This case has nothing to do with thievery, a woman was viciously attacked because she didn't get a customer's food out quickly enough. The rest of your post is pure nonsense. Did you even watch the video? Spend some time watching this channel, you'll see how wrong you are. Evil exists, and we have every right to defend against it. Self defense has nothing to do with "blowing away intruders", it has to do with protecting ourselves, our loved ones, and innocent bystanders against those who would do us harm.

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion that "most just point and shoot, as novices"? This YouTube channel certainly doesn't promote that.
    Last edited by countryboy; 07-20-2018 at 05:16 AM.
    Every life matters

8. The Following User Groans At countryboy For This Awful Post:

Jade Dragon (07-20-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,397 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

What an excellent idea. I know that Missouri used to require such a class before a person could get a concealed carry permit. It was 8 hours of instruction that included a proficiency-with-your-firearm test as well. You had to be able to hit the target at a range of 7 yards. Do we really want ppl running around with guns that can't hit a target at 7 yards??

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Most crimes that are deterred with a gun, the gun isn't fired. That said, being a thief is a choice, so if you get shot, you made a bad choice.
    Oh, and by the way, Christians do own guns. Is it not their right to protect themselves?
    No. they should turn the other cheek. More guns than people. Not hard to figure it must happen sometimes. Lot less than people shooting family and themselves.,

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

one would think that 'common sense' would be the prevailing order, however, not everybody has the same values and objectivity about things either. I wouldn't shoot anyone over a stolen case of beer, like the idiot store owner did earlier this week, but if they steal my wifes medication, that's going to get someone shot because it concerns her life. I'd just as soon be able to deter anyone with criminal intent than shoot them, but i'm also aware of and ready to shoot if i deem it necessary. others might believe that no amount of property is worth a life and that's fine for them, but don't push it on to me unless you want me to send the local mormons to your house so they can tell you about the word of joseph smith.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maybe we can start with the police.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    one would think that 'common sense' would be the prevailing order, however, not everybody has the same values and objectivity about things either. I wouldn't shoot anyone over a stolen case of beer, like the idiot store owner did earlier this week, but if they steal my wifes medication, that's going to get someone shot because it concerns her life.
    Can't get to the pharmacy again?

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What an excellent idea. I know that Missouri used to require such a class before a person could get a concealed carry permit. It was 8 hours of instruction that included a proficiency-with-your-firearm test as well. You had to be able to hit the target at a range of 7 yards. Do we really want ppl running around with guns that can't hit a target at 7 yards??
    Those things are a cake walk set up so everyone leaves with a permit. At least the one I did in TN was.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Can't get to the pharmacy again?
    for some of her meds, that's an easy option, but her pain management office doesn't work like that. Can't just call them up and say they were stolen, can I get a new scrip. they require an officially documented police report, a new appointment at the office for them to review it, then they MIGHT give you a new scrip which could take as long as a week. I will not allow her to be in that much pain because someone wanted to steal her pain meds.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Those things are a cake walk set up so everyone leaves with a permit. At least the one I did in TN was.
    Yeah, I don't know how they are in other states; the one I was talking about was in Missouri when they first approved concealed carry many years ago. My late husband was the 2nd person in our county to get the CC permit; he had to take the class. It cost $100; heard they were even higher later on.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

for some of her meds, that's an easy option, but her pain management office doesn't work like that. Can't just call them up and say they were stolen, can I get a new scrip. they require an officially documented police report, a new appointment at the office for them to review it, then they MIGHT give you a new scrip which could take as long as a week. I will not allow her to be in that much pain because someone wanted to steal her pain meds.
    Oh, well then, of course, kill 'em.

Weed bruh, weed. It's a plant hominids coevolved with. Considered medicinal for 5000 years across a myriad of cultures before we criminalized it here 70-80 years ago.
    Last edited by Fentoine Lum; 07-20-2018 at 11:28 AM.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's rough. I'm sorry. The opioid mess is making it harder for chronic pain sufferers to get their legitimate medications even w/o all that ^ rigamarole. Sending good thoughts to her.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how they are in other states; the one I was talking about was in Missouri when they first approved concealed carry many years ago. My late husband was the 2nd person in our county to get the CC permit; he had to take the class. It cost $100; heard they were even higher later on.
    Not a bad idea at all, just was not at all impressed, although they did mention the fact that once you "go there", expect a long drawn out affair even if you're found "innocent", and a civil case. Better be sitting on $30-50K (some years ago) to fork out in a legal adventure. As for MO, never went through the drill there although that's where I'm from and most of the family is still there.