Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, CFM, Jade Dragon, Nordberg and Frank Apisa

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you point to one real lie Trump told, with the exact quote and link?

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    Show me the source of the second quote and I’ll tell you what I think.

Would you believe The Hill? Not particularly left, I think.

Trump doubles down: Thousands in NJ cheered on 9/11

11/22/15
    GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump is doubling down on comments that thousands of people in parts of New Jersey with large Arab populations cheered on 9/11.

ABC “This Week” host George Stephanopoulos asked Trump on Sunday if he misspoke, noting that “police say that didn't happen and all those rumors have been on the Internet for some time.”

“It did happen. I saw it, “ Trump said. “It was on television. I saw it.”

etc, etc.

“It is unfortunate that Donald Trump is giving new life to long-debunked conspiracy theories about 9/11,” the Anti-Defamation League said in statement to Buzzfeed. “His comments are irresponsible — not to mention factually challenged.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...heered-on-9-11

If you wish to understand our Glorious Leader, you first need to learn Bullshittish fluently. You’ll need to follow that up with abnormal psycholgy, human misbehavior, geography, and recent Russian history. You might then be able to understand a little about what people of Trump’s mentality mean when they talk bullshit. Until you do that you should learn to keep your Ozzie trap shut and show a modicum of respect for other posters.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,757 Times in 4,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

When Trump says, "I like to eat crocodiles, heh heh, no, just joking…” and the Fake Media publish, "Trump Eats Crocodiles! Trump Eats Crocodiles!”, it is a deliberate attempt to deceive, which makes it a lie. The owner of the Fake News in question is not coerced; it is his choice to lie about Trump, and they do it 24/7/365, so it can hardly be an accident.

It’s clear you still don't understand the meaning of the word ‘lie’. My advice is that you go back to school and start over. This time pick a real school (if you can find one) that teaches English, English grammar, history, American history, human behavior and clear thinking. Avoid the communist propaganda factories this time around. You may have to hire private tutors.
    Provide us one story and link where the (real) media lied.

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Rob, this is a great thread! You called out the inevitable gish gallop right there in the opening post, and you have done an excellent job of single handedly addressing so much of it. You are obviously aware that whatever the next lefty posts, it absolutely will not be an actual lie and link as requested in the opening post. Lefties are about as self conscious about how their posts look without the actual lie as a dog is self conscious about liking his balls in front of people.
    Thanks Evmetro,

Another thing they do is support each other all the way but if you support me they'll soon be saying, "Get a room you pansies," etc., so expect that. Yes, they have about as much shame as a dog rooting another dog in your living room.
    The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Larrikin For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-23-2018)

5. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

If he's caught in a lie and when told the truth he doubles down on it... he's a liar. Twice over.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS:
    You raised some eyebrows yesterday with comments you made at your latest rally. I want to show them, relating to 9/11.

VIDEO CLIP OF DONALD TRUMP, IN WHICH HE SAYS:
    “Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

STEPHANOPOULOS:
    “You know, the police say that didn’t happen and all those rumors have been on the Internet for some time. So did you misspeak yesterday?”

TRUMP:
    It did happen. I saw it.”

STEPHANOPOULOS:
    “You saw that…”

TRUMP:
    It was on television. I saw it.

STEPHANOPOULOS:
    “…with your own eyes?”

TRUMP:
    George, it did happen.”

STEPHANOPOULOS:
    Police say it didn’t happen.”

TRUMP:
    “There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down — as those buildings came down. And that tells you something. It was well covered at the time, George. Now, I know they don’t like to talk about it, but it was well covered at the time. There were people over in New Jersey that were watching it, a heavy Arab population, that were cheering as the buildings came down. Not good.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a18525170e20

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Aarr! (07-22-2018)

7. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why would anyone care to prove his most obvious character flaw is true.
    Prove Babe Ruth hit even a single home run.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

sear (07-22-2018)

9. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,757 Times in 4,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Rob Larrakin is a Russian who is paid to search the internet and respond to any criticism of Trump or Putin.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Micawber (07-23-2018)

11. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milomason View Post
    "I will repeal and replace Obamacare with something better everyone will be covered,it will be great!Believe me"
    First, quotes should not be wrapped around punctuation errors.

Even if actually did fit the definition of a lie, it is still not in the correct format as specified in the opening post. Start by learning the definition of lie, either by reading the several posts on this very thread that cover it, or go do some research. Once you have a solid grip on what a lie is, you can submit what lie you think Trump told. If the lie you submit does not conform to the real definition of a lie, it shows that you are too stupid to be posting on this thread. If it does in fact conform to the real definition, you still need to provide the link and format it as the opening post specifies.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Rob Larrikin (07-22-2018), Truth Detector (07-23-2018)

13. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    First, quotes should not be wrapped around punctuation errors.

Even if actually did fit the definition of a lie, it is still not in the correct format as specified in the opening post. Start by learning the definition of lie, either by reading the several posts on this very thread that cover it, or go do some research. Once you have a solid grip on what a lie is, you can submit what lie you think Trump told. If the lie you submit does not conform to the real definition of a lie, it shows that you are too stupid to be posting on this thread. If it does in fact conform to the real definition, you still need to provide the link and format it as the opening post specifies.
    Cut the bullshit,Trump said,what I said.
    Now you're deflecting

14. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 49 Times in 45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Me either. And I don't understand why somebody from Gold Coast Australia is so invested in trying to prove trump's not a liar.
    The proof falls on the liars accusing Trump of being a liar.

15. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Tip View Post
    The proof falls on the liars accusing Trump of being a liar.
    It's been proven over and over in this thread but thanks for your contribution.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

16. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All Presidents are coerced into various things by their Party. Did you think he was a king or an emperor? If so, there’s two more words I have to teach you about…
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Presidents might be coerced, but you have no knowledge this is one of those times.
    It was obvious to me – it might not have been to you.

You made up the stuff about being coerced
    “Made up” is your petulant description, based on your hurt feelings. Grownups call it “thinking”, so they would say, “You believe that stuff about being coerced…”

If you allege a lie it is up to you to prove it, and you haven’t done that. There are several possibilities:

1) The GOP forced Trump to make the statement, against his wishes.

2) Someone else forced him to make the statement against his wishes.

3) He told the truth.

4) He lied.

You picked number four. I picked number one. If you insist it’s four, prove it. Until you prove he lied he remains innocent of lying according to our basic rule of law.

to change the wording and then argue like it is fact.
    What wording did I change? Use the quote function. It’s clear that the Party coerced Trump into saying what he said, for politically important and globally significant reasons, far overreaching any of your niggardly concerns. All political parties do this kind of thing from time to time. Trump doesn't run the GOP - it is a powerful machine that can control him when it wants to.

This is a proven lie
    To lie there has to be intent to deceive. The only intent found here belongs to those forcing Trump to make his statement. “Force” removes intent, and when you are told you will lose your job, the most important job in the world, if you refuse to say a few trifling words, it is indeed coercion, or force. In those circumstances ANY POTUS would submit, and do as ordered. Trump may be headstrong and stubborn, but he isn’t a fool. The irony is that if he refused their command and was sacked, you would be criticizing him for not following GOP orders. You’d scoff, “What a loser! Can’t even take a simple order! [snicker, snort]”

and only you claimed he was coerced to change it. You cannot prove he did not lie by making up imaginary coercion.
    It is up to you, the accuser, to do the proving. You obviously don’t understand logic or the rule of law, or even, for that matter, basic commonsense. Say I’m standing with you in a glass hothouse, inside which a simple apple tree grows. There are no apples on the ground and we stand with our backs to the tree. We hear the sound of an apple falling through the leaves to the ground, with a thump. As we turn we see the apple in question, still rolling to a stop. There is nobody there aside from us. Nobody could have shot the apple from the distance because the glass would break. I say, “Hmm. An apple fell from the tree.” Using your logic the conversation might go:

Flash: Er… you can’t say that.
    Rob: Why not?
    Flash: You made up the stuff about the apple dropping from the tree.
    Rob: Made up? No, I deduced it. I drew a logical conclusion.
    Flash: Nah. You just made it up. Did you see it drop?
    Rob: No, but it’s clear that…
    Flash: Ah hah! So you can’t really say it did, correct?
    Rob: I’m using my brain to arrive at a determination.
    Flash: Oh rea-hee-heee-eeally?
    Rob: It’s called reasoning; thinking about something in a logical, sensible way.
    Flash: Well how do you know it didn’t just appear out of thin air?
    Rob: I cogitate and make judgments. My belief is that it didn’t.
    Flash: That’s so yester-century. Don’t you know anything?
    Rob: Yester-century, like when the Founders came up with your constitution?
    Flash: Oh that – it’s just a bunch of made up stuff.
    Rob: Made up? We call it thinking, innovating and writing.
    Flash: Still made up though. Just a bunch of words.
    Rob: DNA is just a bunch of nucleotides.
    Flash: Anyway, you can’t say the apple fell from the tree.
    Rob: If we didn’t make reasoned judgments we’d still be living in the trees.
    Flash: So? Do you hate trees or something?
    Rob: I’m sure the Fifth Column would love you.
    Flash: Huh?
    The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Larrikin For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-23-2018)

18. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 49 Times in 45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    It's been proven over and over in this thread but thanks for your contribution.
    Where has it been proven?

19. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Tip View Post
    Where has it been proven?
    Lol, you will never get an answer. Most of the lefty gish gallop is over now, and they have come to realize that they cannot post what the title of this thread describes. Now they will start derailing it and dodging. They will keep on posting stuff that isn't what the title describes until the thread is about something else. Getting a lefty to post what the title describes is like trying to force a cat into a toilet.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Q-Tip (07-22-2018), Rob Larrikin (07-22-2018), Truth Detector (07-23-2018)

21. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Let's get real here ..... The truth is hundreds of thousands+ .... around the World cheered on 9/11 .

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

Rob Larrikin (07-23-2018), Truth Detector (07-23-2018)

23. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    I did that in post#85
    I answered post #85 in post #132. Pay attention.