Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, CFM, Jade Dragon, Nordberg and Frank Apisa

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you point to one real lie Trump told, with the exact quote and link?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Sorry, you have it backwards. RL's claim is that thousands and thousands asked trump to have Korean remains returned but offered no proof except trump's words. And we all know how honest trump is.
    If its FALSE AS YOU CLAIM......prove it. The only thing that can offset words are objective evidences to the contrary. Simply prosecute your own NEGATIVE. As I said, that's the problem with all leftist arguments. Its all based upon nothing but ad hominem Bull Shit....like some middle schooler saying, Nah' nah.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Rob Larrikin (07-20-2018)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    You have a lot of people who use the word “son”. Many groups come to see Trump and they point out that their parents long wanted their sons’ remains to be brought home. They say things like, “Our parents prayed to have their son’s remains brought home, for decades. We’re here to see their wishes come true.” Trump would reply, “We’ll do our best to bring your parent’s sons home as they wished.”

After many conversations like this with so many people, in which the word ‘sons’ is used over and over, it becomes a habit to refer to ‘their sons’ in reply to the groups asking for the remains. If English were your first language this would not be hard to understand. If it isn’t, that would help explain people misunderstanding Trump. Many immigrants would not quite understand this and other nuances of the English language. Trump can, for instance, stand at a podium in front of such groups and say, “We will bring home your sons’ remains,” even though there might only be one parent in the audience, and the audience will understand exactly what he means. Many will even shed tears. Not one will leap up and screech, “LIAR! LIAR! NONE OF US ARE THE PARENTS!” though I wouldn’t put it past smallminded Trump-hating snowflakes to behave in that despicable manner.

So once again – no lie - just a nuance of the English language, a manner of speaking and a habit of using the word ‘son or ‘sons’ in regard to a particular group.
    Is this just a made up hypothetical on your part to explain a lie, or do you have some evidence?
    It is like your claim the GOP "forced" him to change his words to "woudn't." No evidence whatsoever, just made up stuff to claim there are no lies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Aarr! (07-20-2018)

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 27 Posts

It brought up the story about how Trump was forced by his own administration to say he meant ‘wouldn’t’ instead of ‘would’. What about it? When a man is ordered to take back something he said, the intent to deceive is not his, but those who do the ordering. All POTUS’ find themselves in this position from time to time – that’s politics, especially in regard to global adversaries and diplomatic relations with them. Trump doesn’t run the GOP, and when they insist he do something he will have to bend to their wishes. Now, before you call the GOP liars for this, as I said, many mistruths are told by political parties regarding their global enemies – that’s politics, war and life in general. We don’t sum it up as “lying”. It’s called politics and world diplomatic relations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You provide no evidence Trump was "forced" to say anything. Can you provide proof? You have been presented with clear evidence he lied and rather than accept it say he was forced to lie (which is still a lie). Who "runs" the GOP that forced him to lie? He runs the GOP as much as anybody since the president is the titular party head.
    This was already answered in post #23, as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Trump was forced to say he meant to say "wouldn't"? I was not aware he was forced to say it. Who forced him to say it? How did they coerce him? Did they threaten to take away his twitter account? No more big macs on air force one? What could they have used as leverage against the guy who cares about nothing?
    Now you’re engaging in a philosophical discussion about the meaning of ‘force’ instead of simply finding a lie Trump is alleged to have told. According to you there are thousands. Yet you can’t supply one. You’d rather cling tenaciously to this flea-bitten offering. You must be desperate.

Force

coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.

"they ruled by law and not by force"

synonyms: coercion, compulsion, constraint, duress, oppression, harassment, intimidation, threats; informal arm-twisting, bullying tactics

"they used force to achieve their aims"

You may rest assured Trump was coerced by the GOP, the FBI, his advisors and various other organizations to change the word for the sake of American/Russian relations and many other complex issues way out of your league. Once again, if Trump is forced to change a word you may look for the intent to deceive from those doing the forcing. So no, that is not a “lie”. Now see if you can tear yourself away from this miserable flea-bitten offering and do better.

Or is that an impossible task for you?
    The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." - Donald Trump

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/polit...ama/index.html
    Trump had a list of plans when he was campaigning. One plan was that, as POTUS, he would not play golf. As a businessman he had much to learn in his transition to politician. One of the things he would learn is that some of his plans would have to change.

When he played golf as POTUS you and the rest of the Trump haters were quick to accuse him of lying. There is no doubt his doctors and advisors would have worked hard to persuade him to continue playing golf for his health and figure. Trump would not be easy to convince. They may have even gathered in a group to persuade him. If so the conversation probably went like this:

Scene: Donald Trump enters the oval office with campaign manager, Corey.

Donald: Well hello, I didn’t know you were going to be here, Melania. What’s this all about?
    Melania: We’re here to provide you an intervention, darling.
    Doctor 1: [chuckling] Well, it’s not really an intervention, but then again…
    Advisor 1: It’s about golf, sir.
    Melania: You need it darling.
    Donald: Golf? I promised I wouldn’t play as President…
    Advisor 2: That’s the problem sir. Your golf is important for your health.
    Donald: I must have promised I wouldn’t play a million times. How will I live that down?
    Doctor 2: It’s just one of those things Mr. President. You have to put your health first.
    Donald: What’s wrong with my health?
    Advisor 4: You’re putting on weight sir, and it could cause heart problems…
    Donald: I’m as strong as an ox! What weight? I can deal with that.
    Melania: I noticed you’ve put on weight.
    Doctor 1: She’s right sir. You have. And you’re 72, and under a lot of stress.
    Doctor 2: It can be a slippery slope sir. Once it gets away from you it’s very hard to fix.
    Advisor 1: The golf will help keep you trim sir.
    Donald: [sits down] But like I say, I promised…
    Corey: That’s okay sir – sometimes in this job a promise has to be broken.
    Donald: [Facepalms and sighs] Man…Fake News will have a field day calling me a liar.
    Advisor 2: True, but they’ll do that no matter what you do, so what’s the difference?
    Melania: Darling, will you do it for me?
    Donald: Well, I…
    Advisor 3: Sir, you can still do your work while playing golf.
    Melania: And you didn’t know about this when you made the promise. You were a businessman then…
    Doctor 2: You meant what you said sir, so that’ not a lie.
    Donald: I guess so, but they’ll never swallow that.
    Advisor 4: You’ve been advised that it is very important to change your mind about this issue, for your health’s sake.
    Donald: Can I tell the people that?
    Advisor 1: No sir, that would not be a good idea.
    Melania: Why not?
    Advisor 2: Fake News will start a campaign that you’re unhealthy.
    Donald: So what do I say then?
    Advisor 3: Don’t say anything sir.
    Melania: Darling, I want you to be slim and healthy. Not fat.
    Doctor 2: You should take her advice sir.
    Donald: Okay, if you all think so. I’ll do it, but I hate it.

Headlines soon after:

TRUMP LIES! TRUMP LIES! HE’S PLAYING GOLF! LIAR! LIAR!

Now let’s switch to your grandfather, and let’s say he’s 72. He tells you he’s going to have a stomach operation to lose weight. He tells you this for about a year, going on and on about it. Finally the New Year comes and you ask him, “So grandfather, when’s the operation?”
    “What operation?” he asks.
    “You know,” you reply. “The one to lose weight – where they tie a loop around your stomach or something.”
    “Too expensive,” he grunts. “Turns out it’s way more expensive than I thought it would be. Can’t do it now. Will just have to diet instead.”

Do you jump up and screech “LIAR! LIAR! YOU SAID YOU’D HAVE THE OPERATION! LIAR! LIAR!”? A grandson who did that would be considered a lowly wretch by most folk. Yet you’re happy to do that with your President.

Seriously, don’t millennials know any shame?

Summary: No lie. Changing your mind on the advice of doctors is not “lying”. We all change our minds daily or weekly about lots of stuff.
    The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesh View Post
    No One...and I mean NO ONE...believes the "not" lie from the Helsinki Summit.

And to top it off...when asked if the Russian cyber attack was ongoing (in spite of what Dan Coats his hand picked DNI said) Trump said..."No"...and then had the fat lady lie about THAT
    I repeat

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    If its FALSE AS YOU CLAIM......prove it. The only thing that can offset words are objective evidences to the contrary. Simply prosecute your own NEGATIVE. As I said, that's the problem with all leftist arguments. Its all based upon nothing but ad hominem Bull Shit....like some middle schooler saying, Nah' nah.....
    I googled the topic as "thousands ask trump to bring home remains Korean soldiers." The only hit that didn't lead right back to trump's claim was an article saying that *some* VFW officials asked for this.

I bet you believe trump really saw thousands of Muslims celebrating 9/11 in NJ, too. Anybody gullible enough to believe the countless lies that fall from his mouth is even lower intellectually than middle schoolers.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...mexico-pay-it/
    Where is the lie? If I say, "One day I will own Mars," it isn't a lie. It's a statement nobody can prove or disprove. He didn't put a time limit on when the wall would be built, and he didn't say when Mexico would pay. Meanwhile, religious Lefties are very patient with other promises. They've been waiting two millennium for Christ’s second coming. They wouldn’t wait a few years for Trump’s wall or for the Mexican money that will pay for it.

Priest: Never mind my daughter. One day we will all be brought to heaven.
    María: But when, Padre? When?
    Priest: Patience my dear. When the Second Coming is here, you will know…
    María: It’s been more than 2000 years Padre!
    Priest: Eez true, but Christ said he will come, so he will come...
    María: Sí Padre. I just get so hungry…
    Priest: I know, I know. So, any news on Trump’s wall?
    María: Ay caramba! He said last week he will build it.
    Priest: So where is it? ¡Que ridículo! ¡Que estúpido!
    María: Sí, está loco. ¡Una idiota! There eez no wall. The hombre eez a liar!
    Priest: Ju didn’t vote for heem I hope?
    María: Of course not, Padre. I vote for Cleenton. Ten times.
    Priest: Hokay. Next time vote twenty times.
    María: Sí.

Ah well… the religious Left. What can you do?

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Nine pages and you liberals can't find one lie to post up ....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

Rob Larrikin (07-21-2018)

12. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Trump had a list of plans when he was campaigning. One plan was that, as POTUS, he would not play golf. As a businessman he had much to learn in his transition to politician. One of the things he would learn is that some of his plans would have to change.

When he played golf as POTUS you and the rest of the Trump haters were quick to accuse him of lying. There is no doubt his doctors and advisors would have worked hard to persuade him to continue playing golf for his health and figure. Trump would not be easy to convince. They may have even gathered in a group to persuade him. If so the conversation probably went like this:

<snip>

Summary: No lie. Changing your mind on the advice of doctors is not “lying”. We all change our minds daily or weekly about lots of stuff.
    You post this based on nothing and we're the dumb ones? "There is no doubt his doctors and advisors would have worked hard to persuade him to continue playing golf for his health and figure."

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

13. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    I didn't mention "thousands" it's highly unlikely ANY parents asked for their SONS' remains let alone enough to be called "so many". Do we have a record of how many 100+ year old people talked to Trump during the campaign? Use your fucking brain.
    As I replied to Flash:

You have a lot of people who use the word “son”. Many groups come to see Trump and they point out that their parents long wanted their sons’ remains to be brought home. They say things like, “Our parents prayed to have their son’s remains brought home, for decades. We’re here to see their wishes come true.” Trump would reply, “We’ll do our best to bring your parent’s sons home as they wished.”

After many conversations like this with so many people, in which the word ‘sons’ is used over and over, it becomes a habit to refer to ‘their sons’ in reply to the groups asking for the remains. If English were your first language this would not be hard to understand. If it isn’t, that would help explain people misunderstanding Trump. Many immigrants would not quite understand this and other nuances of the English language. Trump can, for instance, stand at a podium in front of such groups and say, “We will bring home your sons’ remains,” even though there might only be one parent in the audience, and the audience will understand exactly what he means. Many will even shed tears. Not one will leap up and screech, “LIAR! LIAR! NONE OF US ARE THE PARENTS!” though I wouldn’t put it past smallminded Trump-hating snowflakes to behave in that despicable manner.

So once again – no lie - just a nuance of the English language, a manner of speaking and a habit of using the word ‘son or ‘sons’ in regard to a particular group.

14. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Mason is not Rob Larrikin...
    smells like Mason....

15. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    "I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."
    - Donald Trump, Nov 21, 2015.

[video=youtube;8T3uAp2ep3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T3uAp2ep3w]

Did anyone else see thousands of people in Jersey City cheering on 9/11? No. Is there a video record of these celebrations? No. This leaves two possibilities: either Trump imagined he saw something that wasn't there, or he made it up.

As with so many of Trump's false statements, it's unclear whether the explanation is stupidity or mendacity. But one thing you can be sure of: he will never retract it.

Once again, here is the video of the speech, at the rally in Birmingham, Alabama on Saturday, Nov. 21, 2015.

Here is the transcript from about 43:28, and I have bolded the part in question.

I want surveillance of these people that are coming in - the Trojan Horse – I wanna know who the hell they are. And the biggest story yesterday, the biggest, was, “Trump wants database on Muslims.” I said, “What’s all happening here?” And I spoke to the reporters at the time, and I think I made it clear, and I also said (number one you couldn’t hear very well because it’s like you’re walking over here, you’re not bei..) but regardless of that, doesn’t matter, but I do want database for those people coming in, but I also insist on the wall. And it was all fine, all of a sudden I end up with some stories, I said, “What are you talking about?” So here’s the story, just to set it clear. I want surveillance of these people. I want surveillance if we have to, and I don’t care. I want, are you ready for this folks? Are you ready? Oh, they’re gonna make it such a big deal, they’re gonna make it so big, he said something so politically incorrect, that’s why we’re going to hell, because it was so politically incorrect. Such a big deal! Such a big deal! I want surveillance of certain Mosques, okay? If that’s okay. I want surveillance. And you know what? We’ve had it before and we’ll have it again.
    Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched, in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering, so something’s going on, we gotta find out what it is. I do want surveillance. I will absolutely take database on the people coming in from Syria, if we can’t stop it, but we’re going to. And if I win, I’ve made it known, if I win, they’re going back, we can’t have them. They’re going back, we can’t have ‘em. We can’t have ‘em. You see what happened. And you see it very clearly. A few nutjobs in Paris. Okay? A few total nuts, lowlifes, the guy with the dirty hat, they say they got him. I hope they got him. He’s wearing a filthy, dirty hat. That was the one they were calling for five days the mastermind, right? The mastermind. He’s no mastermind. He’s a lowlife. But they got him. But there’s others out there. We have to get them. And we have to use surveillance. Wait – we have to use surveillance. We have to be vigilant. And you know the greatest thing is, everybody in this room, everybody outside of this room, we have tremendous eyes and ears. When somebody’s next to you in a house, or an apartment, you can sorta see there’s something going wrong, inform your local police. They’re incredible people the police. They’re incredible people. They’re incredible people.

I know it's hard but study the quote carefully and tell me exactly where the lie is.

Trump says there were thousands cheering in New Jersey. My grandfather said sinners burn in hellfire. Neither were lying. Whether they are right or not is another issue.

16. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"We went to Michigan, we went to Wisconsin, we went to places that haven’t been (won by a Republican presidential candidate) — I think Wisconsin was 1952, Dwight Eisenhower — and we won Wisconsin."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-north-dakota/
    Let’s start with the actual transcript of the speech, which you can see here.

Remarks by President Trump at Foxconn Facility - June 28, 2018
    The Opus Building
    Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
    1:14 P.M. CDT

As you can see the talk was 5166 words long. The paragraph I’m pasting below is just 106 words – about 2%, or a fiftieth, of the talk. For a better understanding read the entire transcript. The important parts are in bold:

But I handed it over, Terry — I said, “Terry, this place is such a great place.” You know, I just realized the other day, they told me — when we won the state of Wisconsin, it hadn’t been won by a Republican since Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1952. Did you know that? And I won Wisconsin. And I like Wisconsin a lot, but we won Wisconsin. (Applause.) And Ronald Reagan — remember, Wisconsin was the state that Ronald Reagan did not win. And that was in 1952. And I’ve gotten to know the people here — they’re incredible. And I said to Terry, “This would be an incredible place.”

You didn’t mention Terry at all, or that this information was what somebody (most likely Terry) had told Trump.

Terry Gou is a 67 year old Taiwanese tycoon who is the founder and chairman of Foxconn. See him in Wikipedia here, and with Trump here.

So what most likely happened is that Terry Gou and Trump were touring Foxconn and Gou was telling Trump about Foxconn and Wisconsin. Terry may have told Trump in a casual way that Wisconsin hadn’t been won by a Republican since Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1952. How would that conversation have gone? Perhaps something like this:

Trump: Wow. It’s a big place. Very nice. Very innovative!
    Gou: Um…[consults with assistant in Taiwanese]
    Trump: It means, you know, original.
    Gou: [smiles] Ahh – aboriginal? Oh, original. What is original?
    Trump: Never mind – anyway, it’s a very nice place. Beautiful.
    Gou: [consults with assistant] Ohh, thank you, thank you...
    Trump: And Wisconsin – a very nice state. Lovely state.
    Gou: Ah, yes, roverry state.
    Trump: Say, did Eisenhower win Wisconsin in 1952? Is that right?
    Gou: Um.. sure. [consults with assistant who looks at iPad]
    Trump: I’m pretty sure that’s right.
    Gou: Yes. You are right, that is correct, Eisenhowler, he win in 1952.
    Trump: Yes. Did Reagan ever win it? I don’t think so.
    Gou: No. I don't think so...
    Trump: Great. I’ll rub that in when I give my talk later.
    Gou: Lub in? [consults with assistant]
    Trump: Sure. I have some fun with my enemies. Stir them up a little.
    Gou: Yes. Okay. [chuckles]. Lub in.

So once again – no lie. Now that you actually have a better idea about the whole thing, have a go at what he said again:

But I handed it over, Terry — I said, “Terry, this place is such a great place.” You know, I just realized the other day, they told me — when we won the state of Wisconsin, it hadn’t been won by a Republican since Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1952. Did you know that? And I won Wisconsin. And I like Wisconsin a lot, but we won Wisconsin. (Applause.) And Ronald Reagan — remember, Wisconsin was the state that Ronald Reagan did not win. And that was in 1952. And I’ve gotten to know the people here — they’re incredible. And I said to Terry, “This would be an incredible place.”

17. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

After falsely claiming that immigrant families were being separated at the border because of Democrats and arguing that he was unable to do anything about it, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to keep children and parents together in detention.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...his-administr/
    Even your beloved Politifake doesn’t rate this as a lie. As you can see on this page, they call it a ‘false statement’.

In my opinion Trump was correct, and I will let him argue it out with Politifake, but as per the OP, political opinions are not “lies” and even politfake knows that much – in this case at least.

18. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Anybody can point to and verify a Donald Trump lie.

The problem is where to start.

That being said, his lying only scratches the surface of his moral inadequacies.
    Why don't you just pick any lie he told, randomly? Or is that too intellectual for you? We all know you can't supply a lie - nobody else has yet.