Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, CFM, Jade Dragon, Nordberg and Frank Apisa

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you point to one real lie Trump told, with the exact quote and link?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    It brought up the story about how Trump was forced by his own administration to say he meant ‘wouldn’t’ instead of ‘would’. What about it? When a man is ordered to take back something he said, the intent to deceive is not his, but those who do the ordering. All POTUS’ find themselves in this position from time to time – that’s politics, especially in regard to global adversaries and diplomatic relations with them. Trump doesn’t run the GOP, and when they insist he do something he will have to bend to their wishes. Now, before you call the GOP liars for this, as I said, many mistruths are told by political parties regarding their global enemies – that’s politics, war and life in general. We don’t sum it up as “lying”. It’s called politics and world diplomatic relations.
    Trump was forced to say he meant to say "wouldn't"? I was not aware he was forced to say it. Who forced him to say it? How did they coerce him? Did they threaten to take away his twitter account? No more big macs on air force one? What could they have used as leverage against the guy who cares about nothing?

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Rob

The entire gist of Trumps statement was consistent with the word "would" and completely opposite of any use with "wouldn't".

He was expressing doubt about the FBI intel. I don't blame him either. But he clearly lied saying he meant to say "wouldn't". It's hilarious because it wouldn't make sense. Why wouldn't I think?... then go to describe several reasons why he would think it. LOL too funny.
    See my reply in post #12.

You'll have to try harder.
    The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

3. The Following User Groans At Rob Larrikin For This Awful Post:

rjhenn (07-20-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

From the OP:

On the odd occasion someone rattles off examples from the top of their head instead of providing an exact quote, or point to a bunch of links using a Gish Gallop fallacy.
    ….
    4) Once you are sure it is a lie, and not just Fake News, present ONE accurate quote & link.

Good luck, but remember, to qualify you need to provide just one EXACT quote, and provide a link to show the alleged lie details.
    Go read what the Gish Gallop fallacy is. Park your dump truck and deliver ONE alleged lie with a link. If you can't do that, what does it say for your accusations?
    The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I don't understand this thread.
    What's to understand? Rob is bonkers for Trump. That's about it.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL try harder? I couldn't care less. I don't have a problem with you believing what you want. But you should try to understand how other people see it differently if you want to understand why they see it differently. Confirmation bias is not an easy habit to break, but it can be done.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

^The stupid is strong in this one.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    ^The stupid is strong in this one.
    It's an act. Either a reverse troll, or just trying to be obtuse. Too stupid to be sincere.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump was forced to say he meant to say "wouldn't"? I was not aware he was forced to say it. Who forced him to say it? How did they coerce him? Did they threaten to take away his twitter account? No more big macs on air force one? What could they have used as leverage against the guy who cares about nothing?
    Now you’re engaging in a philosophical discussion about the meaning of ‘force’ instead of simply finding a lie Trump is alleged to have told. According to you there are thousands. Yet you can’t supply one. You’d rather cling tenaciously to this flea-bitten offering. You must be desperate.

Force

coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.

"they ruled by law and not by force"

synonyms: coercion, compulsion, constraint, duress, oppression, harassment, intimidation, threats; informal arm-twisting, bullying tactics

"they used force to achieve their aims"

You may rest assured Trump was coerced by the GOP, the FBI, his advisors and various other organizations to change the word for the sake of American/Russian relations and many other complex issues way out of your league. Once again, if Trump is forced to change a word you may look for the intent to deceive from those doing the forcing. So no, that is not a “lie”. Now see if you can tear yourself away from this miserable flea-bitten offering and do better.

Or is that an impossible task for you?

10. The Following User Groans At Rob Larrikin For This Awful Post:

rjhenn (07-20-2018)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,093 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    I don't understand this thread.
    Me either. And I don't understand why somebody from Gold Coast Australia is so invested in trying to prove trump's not a liar.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

12. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

JqYaqui (07-21-2018)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's an act. Either a reverse troll, or just trying to be obtuse. Too stupid to be sincere.
    Reminds me of that cretin, Evmetro, and his "prove Trump is a racist" bullshit.

You can cite facts for these morons all day and they'll still deny them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-19-2018), rjhenn (07-20-2018)

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Now you’re engaging in a philosophical discussion about the meaning of ‘force’ instead of simply finding a lie Trump is alleged to have told. According to you there are thousands. Yet you can’t supply one. You’d rather cling tenaciously to this flea-bitten offering. You must be desperate.

Force

coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.

"they ruled by law and not by force"

synonyms: coercion, compulsion, constraint, duress, oppression, harassment, intimidation, threats; informal arm-twisting, bullying tactics

"they used force to achieve their aims"

You may rest assured Trump was coerced by the GOP, the FBI, his advisors and various other organizations to change the word for the sake of American/Russian relations and many other complex issues way out of your league. Once again, if Trump is forced to change a word you may look for the intent to deceive from those doing the forcing. So no, that is not a “lie”. Now see if you can tear yourself away from this miserable flea-bitten offering and do better.

Or is that an impossible task for you?
    It would mark the first time Trump cared about any of those opinions, from what I can remember. Is Trump finally growing into the job? Maturing right before our eyes? He's really caring what other people think? This is fantastic news. Chicken in every pot kind of stuff.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

It brought up the story about how Trump was forced by his own administration to say he meant ‘wouldn’t’ instead of ‘would’. What about it? When a man is ordered to take back something he said, the intent to deceive is not his, but those who do the ordering. All POTUS’ find themselves in this position from time to time – that’s politics, especially in regard to global adversaries and diplomatic relations with them. Trump doesn’t run the GOP, and when they insist he do something he will have to bend to their wishes. Now, before you call the GOP liars for this, as I said, many mistruths are told by political parties regarding their global enemies – that’s politics, war and life in general. We don’t sum it up as “lying”. It’s called politics and world diplomatic relations.
    Holy shit

"When a man is ordered to take back something he said, the intent to deceive is not his, but those who do the ordering"

So Trump is a weakling President "forced" to do what his underlings demand?

Are you fucking kidding?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lesh For This Post:

mak2 (07-20-2018)

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Me either. And I don't understand why somebody from Gold Coast Australia is so invested in trying to prove trump's not a liar.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Larrikin For This Post:

Life is Golden (07-19-2018)

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mason, why aren't you still on ignore?.....

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It would mark the first time Trump cared about any of those opinions, from what I can remember.
    They weren’t opinions, they were orders. They didn’t say, “Please,” they said, “Do it or you’ll be sacked.” Trump is stubborn but he isn’t stupid.

Is Trump finally growing into the job?
    The job was made for him.

Maturing right before our eyes?
    If Trump accused someone of a lie, he’d provide proof. Not like you. You’d rather put your chicken costume on and do a dance. Listen to you. “Cluck cluck, cluck,” but no lie. Just talk.

The reason is simple. You can’t supply one because it doesn’t exist.

22. The Following User Groans At Rob Larrikin For This Awful Post:

rjhenn (07-20-2018)