Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, CFM, Jade Dragon, Nordberg and Frank Apisa

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you point to one real lie Trump told, with the exact quote and link?

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

like Sweden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    “Crime in Germany is up 10% plus (officials do not want to report these crimes) since migrants were accepted. Others countries are even worse. Be smart America!”
    — President Trump, in a tweet, June 19, 2018

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7a7c210e414f
    Be Best

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mak2 For This Post:

Flash (07-20-2018)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Didn't Trump start a committee to uncover the illegal voting?

The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, also called the Voter Fraud Commission, was a Presidential Commission established by Donald Trump that ran from May 11, 2017 to January 3, 2018 ... The establishment of the commission followed through on previous false claims by Trump that millions of illegal immigrants had voted in the 2016 United States presidential election, costing him the popular vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...tion_Integrity

Nothing came of it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aarr! For This Post:

mak2 (07-20-2018)

5. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    You and your wife?

Sorry - I forgot you need Batcave labels.
    The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You highlighted the wrong line. Should have been "So many people asked when I was on the campaign. I’d say, ‘wait a minute, I don’t have any relationship’ – but they said, ‘when you can, president, we’d love our son to be brought back home’ – you know, the remains."
    Again, you’re mixing up the groups. See graphic. The bottom part belongs to the "so many people" part. Once again, "so many people" doesn't have a number.

The first witchdoctor 100,000 years ago said, "God did it," and today the Pope says the same thing.

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    Many on the left say that Trump lies. Some say he lies all day long, and that he tells thousands of lies per day, and so on. Every time I ask Lefties to provide proof of one alleged lie, they go silent. On the odd occasion someone rattle off examples from the top of their head instead of providing an exact quote, or point to a bunch of links using a Gish Gallop fallacy.

I look into their allegations only to find there was no such lie. They’ll say that Trump said, “Obama was born in Kenya", and I will point out that in fact it was Obama’s literary agent who said that in an autobiography. Trump then tweeted to Romney, “In debate, @MittRomney should ask Obama why autobiography states "born in Kenya, raised in Indonesia."

So please don’t rattle alleged lies off the top of your head. Instead, find the exact quote and provide a link to it. I will then look into it. If I find any genuine proven lies I will agree to them being lies.

Trump is an honest man so it’s doubtful you will find any legitimate lies. And remember, a “view” or a “belief” is not a lie. Trump might say he believes in Zeus, and you might say that’s a lie. You would be using the wrong word. He might be wrong about something, but if he believed it when he said it, it is not a lie. For instance, if he boasted that he was the greatest POTUS ever, that’s not a lie. He believes he is. So do I. Another thing that is not a lie is an exaggeration or a joke. If Trump said, “When you’re a star they let you do it… grab ‘em by the pussy,” this is not him saying he goes around raping women. That is the hysterical Left’s silly translation. Likewise, if he jokingly said, “Man, we’re gonna be the richest country for a million years,” that is not a lie – it is a harmless piece of joking or kidding around.

Here is the best way to go about this if you wish to try:

1) Calm down. Chillax. Don’t rush.

2) Be sensible. Go find what you think is a Trump lie. Use Google and Bing.

3) Research it a little. See what other people say. That part is very important.

4) Once you are sure it is a lie, and not just Fake News, present ONE accurate quote & link.

Good luck, but remember, to qualify you need to provide just one EXACT quote, and provide a link to show the alleged lie details. You say he lies, so YOU provide PROOF. I will look at that proof and if I see you made mistakes, I will provide details.
    That's an easy one. Imagine the date sometime in 2007, Mr. Trump is giving an interview with CNN (The Clinton News Network) when asked which candidate he would support in the upcoming election cycle. His friend Rudy (Guiliani) or Clinton if they were to receive the nomination of their parties, he responded and lied his ass off, "THEY ARE BOTH TERRIFIC PEOPLE...……."

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,757 Times in 4,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

“We got 306 [electoral college votes] because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before, so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.f78a7517999a

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

On 3 million illegal immigrants voting: "Well, many people have come out and said I am right, you know that.”

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“Of those [allegedly illegal] votes cast, none of ’em come to me. None of ’em come to me. They would all be for the other side…They all voted for Hillary.”

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“Between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused me to lose the popular vote.”

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    And how old were these parents who asked their son be brought home?
    You have a lot of people who use the word “son”. Many groups come to see Trump and they point out that their parents long wanted their sons’ remains to be brought home. They say things like, “Our parents prayed to have their son’s remains brought home, for decades. We’re here to see their wishes come true.” Trump would reply, “We’ll do our best to bring your parent’s sons home as they wished.”

After many conversations like this with so many people, in which the word ‘sons’ is used over and over, it becomes a habit to refer to ‘their sons’ in reply to the groups asking for the remains. If English were your first language this would not be hard to understand. If it isn’t, that would help explain people misunderstanding Trump. Many immigrants would not quite understand this and other nuances of the English language. Trump can, for instance, stand at a podium in front of such groups and say, “We will bring home your sons’ remains,” even though there might only be one parent in the audience, and the audience will understand exactly what he means. Many will even shed tears. Not one will leap up and screech, “LIAR! LIAR! NONE OF US ARE THE PARENTS!” though I wouldn’t put it past smallminded Trump-hating snowflakes to behave in that despicable manner.

So once again – no lie - just a nuance of the English language, a manner of speaking and a habit of using the word ‘son or ‘sons’ in regard to a particular group.

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    Again, you’re mixing up the groups. See graphic. The bottom part belongs to the "so many people" part. Once again, "so many people" doesn't have a number.
    Where's your proof that thousands and thousands asked about those remains? trump's words aren't proof.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Where's your proof that thousands and thousands asked about those remains? trump's words aren't proof.
    Thats the mule attempting to push the plow again...no? It up to you to prosecute your charges and prove that Trump's words aren't proof. Words are often used as a prima facie circumstantial evidence in convicting people in US court rooms all across the US on a daily basis. The only evidence that can off set prima facie evidence (words given in testament) is OBJECTIVE evidences that can be proven....more accusations are not in the least evidence of anything. So....where is your prosecutorial evidence that THOUSANDS DID NOT ASK? Make that mule pull that plow.....you are innocent until proven guilty in this nation. A teaching moment for the left: Today's word of the day?

Ad Hominem: appealing to personal (emotional) considerations rather than to fact or reason. FYI: Prima Facie simply means, as it first appears to be truth beyond the reason of anyone to doubt otherwise through a presentation any evidence (Objective) to the contrary.

That's the problem with the nature of all left wing argument. To much subjective ad hominem BULL SHIT.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Rob Larrikin (07-20-2018)

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Thats the mule attempting to push the plow again...no? It up to you to prosecute your charges and prove that Trump's words aren't proof. Words are often used as a prima facie circumstantial evidence in convicting people in US court rooms all across the US on a daily basis. The only evidence that can off set prima facie evidence (words given in testament) is OBJECTIVE evidences that can be proven....more accusations are not in the least evidence of anything. So....where is your prosecutorial evidence that THOUSANDS DID NOT ASK? Make that mule pull that plow.....you are innocent until proven guilty in this nation.
    Sorry, you have it backwards. RL's claim is that thousands and thousands asked trump to have Korean remains returned but offered no proof except trump's words. And we all know how honest trump is.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Make that mule pull that plow.....you are innocent until proven guilty in this nation.
    Not in FascismFan915's world.....

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

No One...and I mean NO ONE...believes the "not" lie from the Helsinki Summit.

And to top it off...when asked if the Russian cyber attack was ongoing (in spite of what Dan Coats his hand picked DNI said) Trump said..."No"...and then had the fat lady lie about THAT