1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine

The fairness doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses both to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the FCC's view—honest, equitable, and balanced. The FCC eliminated the policy in 1987 and removed the rule that implemented the policy from the Federal Register in August 2011.[1]
    The fairness doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows, or editorials. The doctrine did not require equal time for opposing views but required that contrasting viewpoints be presented. The demise of this FCC rule has been considered by some to be a contributing factor for the rising level of party polarization in the United States.[2][3]
    The main agenda for the doctrine was to ensure that viewers were exposed to a diversity of viewpoints. In 1969 the United States Supreme Court upheld the FCC's general right to enforce the fairness doctrine where channels were limited. But the courts did not rule that the FCC was obliged to do so.[4] The courts reasoned that the scarcity of the broadcast spectrum, which limited the opportunity for access to the airwaves, created a need for the doctrine.
    The fairness doctrine is not the same as the equal-time rule. The fairness doctrine deals with discussion of controversial issues, while the equal-time rule deals only with political candidates.
    Take your unfairness doctrine and shove it up your ass.
    Every life matters

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    The Reality America mindfuck propaganda era is in full swing, relax.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    why?

so fox "news" can keep lying to you idiots

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Ring... ring...

Hello, Are you a republican
    Yes, deep down real republican
    Would you or wouldn't you support Donnie and Vlad bromance
    I would or wouldn't just depends
    Explain why you would or wouldn't
    Well I wouldn't if that was a bad thing but I would if it was just being nice to a dictator
    It is just being nice, so would you or wouldn't you
    I would I would I would
    I would've thought that really deep down republican... add three more woulds to count.

Rasmussen Poll

Rasmussen is the polling equivalent of Fox or OAN media. When they call to survey they first ask three questions before proceeding. The first question: is the earth flat, next they ask if you have ever been taken up in an alien spaceship, and finally they ask if you have seen Bigfoot recently? If you don't answer 'yes' to at least two questions they skip you as you are too educated for a Rasmussen poll. Recently Rasmussen smartly modified their questionnaire and added an extra question so they do not skip over too many insightful people. New question is: have aliens ever made pancakes in your backyard and were they good pancakes? A 'yes' answer will open the survey for your excellent replies.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Is criticizing the news journalists for their over reliance on anonymous sources ‘un American’?
    Anonymous sources in government, "persons familiar with the matter" aka LEAKS, have always been used by the MSM. Responsible journalists do what they can to cross-check them. Are you saying there are more now, or they are invented?

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    Anonymous sources in government, "persons familiar with the matter" aka LEAKS, have always been used by the MSM. Responsible journalists do what they can to cross-check them. Are you saying there are more now, or they are invented?
    I think we've seen what happens to truth tellers in modern america.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    But when they’re quoting ‘senior government sources’ who are biased against Trump [we certainly know they exist, don’t we] you can’t trust them.

Unsophisticated readers are going to be led to believe a lie.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017