Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: White evangelicals fear the future and yearn for the past.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Pap always made it a point to acknowledge.....the obvious, "THE SMELLER IS ALWAYS THE FELLER"..... in layman's term "He who smelt it dealt it". The left always attacks the thing they fear the most. In this case....its obvious, the left FEARS white evangelicals.
    Tell us about all these “leftist” madrassas like Liberty U and Regent U.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-20-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

aaa
    Why? Do you wish to enroll and require information on grants, scholarships and tuition fees? Reason and logic points out a very obvious point. If things are going as you suggest.....why are you so concerned about such minority institutions? Are you a BIGOT?

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

don't hate white people and dream of their nonexistence

check your self
    Don't make the mistake of thinking I hate anyone. Stating facts, and truth, is not hate, it is reality.

Try it some time. You might like it.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-19-2018)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    aaa
    Why? Do you wish to enroll and require information on grants, scholarships and tuition fees? Reason and logic points out a very obvious point. If things are going as you suggest.....why are you so concerned about such minority institutions? Are you a BIGOT?
    Are you aware which thread you're on?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-19-2018)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,873 Times in 14,203 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,454 Times in 1,373 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    Don't make the mistake of thinking I hate anyone. Stating facts, and truth, is not hate, it is reality.

Try it some time. You might like it.
    They cannot grasp that reporting on the demographics isn't hate , it is fact backed up by data, white Christians won't die off, but, they will be a small minority and not the predominate group and that terrifies them
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Tell me, did they not "earn" by enslaving others, and profiting from their labor? And the ones that inherited this "earned" wealth how did they do so save for the right of inheritance? If the hears to that wealth can just receive it without working for it, then why cannot the heirs of the slaves that created it? Is that beyond your understanding? Jefferson, and Madison, understood it, and got laws passed in Va that eliminated transference of inherited wealth. Then too, they opposed income inequality (as did Christ) declaring that a Republic could not survive under such conditions.

Just another fact for your usual limited intellect, once you're dead you ain't "keeping it".

Have you ever read Adam Smith, and his "Wealth of Nations", or his "Theory of Moral Sentiments"? Jefferson, and the Founders did, and agreed with it.

https://www.economist.com/lexingtons...ke-it-with-you

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quote...ral-sentiments
    The descendants of the slaves can inherit anything the slaves had. Since they slaves had nothing, their descendants get nothing. I agree.

The problem with this reparations bullshit you support is that those whose family didn't own slaves are the ones that will be paying the price. You don't support reparations because that involves those having done things doing the paying, you support ALL white people paying the price.

Despite your desire to twist the words of Christ, he didn't support the government forcing one group to support another.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    And lots of trailer parks will become ghost towns.
    Who is going to fund all the government housing and Section 8 the blacks infest?

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Works for Wall Street doesn’t it.
    In your mind that's how it works but we know your mind doesn't work.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Work that generates renenue, you know, all the stuff capital avoids.
    In other words, unless you're doing physical labor, you don't consider it work. Guess that makes those using their mind to get low skilled people like you to do things, pay you more than you're worth with a minimum wage because the government feels sorry for your inability to do better, and do well financially for it will just have to continue being considered as not working by the likes of you. Guess we'll count our money while you continue to whine.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

They've already lost that battle ...

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-20-2018)

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    The descendants of the slaves can inherit anything the slaves had. Since they slaves had nothing, their descendants get nothing. I agree.

The problem with this reparations bullshit you support is that those whose family didn't own slaves are the ones that will be paying the price. You don't support reparations because that involves those having done things doing the paying, you support ALL white people paying the price.
    Well, in your usual ignorance of matters, you have two different concepts here in this one paragraph. First off, I don't support reparations. It was an example of your previous stupidity that I was referring to. If the ones receiving the inheritance have done nothing to earn it, then what would be the reason why the ones that actually created the wealth should not be able to inherit it? And contrary to your other ignorant racist comment, it would not be just White people paying it.

Despite your desire to twist the words of Christ, he didn't support the government forcing one group to support another.
    If not for the government, which is established as God wills, racists like you would do nothing for the poor especially if they were not White. Since you know so little of anything you try to address, here is what Christ taught:

Matthew 25: 34-40

“Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, ‘Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.’

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?’

And the King shall answer and say unto them, ‘Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.’

2Corinthians 8: 13-15

“For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened: But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality: As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.”
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    In other words, unless you're doing physical labor, you don't consider it work. Guess that makes those using their mind to get low skilled people like you to do things, pay you more than you're worth with a minimum wage because the government feels sorry for your inability to do better, and do well financially for it will just have to continue being considered as not working by the likes of you. Guess we'll count our money while you continue to whine.
    First off, you are the one whining about others possibly getting what you have decided is yours. Even Trump whines about it while he uses cheap labor, not American labor, to produce whatever it is he does.

Next off, being the stupid fool you are, your need to twist what was said is again apparent. He made no distinction between physical, and mental, labor. Just your asinine ability to generate conflict did so.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-20-2018)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

First off, you are the one whining about others possibly getting what you have decided is yours. Even Trump whines about it while he uses cheap labor, not American labor, to produce whatever it is he does.

Next off, being the stupid fool you are, your need to twist what was said is again apparent. He made no distinction between physical, and mental, labor. Just your asinine ability to generate conflict did so.

The really Stupid Fall for it ... the really Ignorant Follow it ...
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-20-2018)

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,638 Times in 9,302 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=guno;2489401]White evangelicals saw in Donald Trump a president who could help them in their fight against diversity, abortion and the shrinking role of religion.

Ever since World War II, white evangelicals in the United States have waged a desperate and largely failing war against thickening walls of separation between church and state, the removal of Christianity from public schools, the growing ethnic and religious diversity of the country, the intrusion of the federal government into their everyday lives (especially as it pertains to desegregation and civil rights), and legalized abortion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/748967002/

Shift to a Majority-Minority Population in the U.S. Happening Faster than Expected

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...than-expected/

And this is data that is reflective of a few years ago

The future sure doesn't look good for them [/QUOTE
    Evangelical 's are fake Christian 's and give true Spirit filled Christian 's a bad name!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-20-2018)

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, in your usual ignorance of matters, you have two different concepts here in this one paragraph. First off, I don't support reparations. It was an example of your previous stupidity that I was referring to. If the ones receiving the inheritance have done nothing to earn it, then what would be the reason why the ones that actually created the wealth should not be able to inherit it? And contrary to your other ignorant racist comment, it would not be just White people paying it.

If not for the government, which is established as God wills, racists like you would do nothing for the poor especially if they were not White. Since you know so little of anything you try to address, here is what Christ taught:

Matthew 25: 34-40

“Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, ‘Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.’

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?’

And the King shall answer and say unto them, ‘Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.’

2Corinthians 8: 13-15

“For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened: But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality: As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.”
    I can answer the inheritance question easily. The ones giving it are giving it those of their choosing. Your problem is you think it's your place to determine who should get someone else's money and the only money for which you have a say is yours.

Who I give to and the amount I give is really none of your business. The problem there is when people don't give what they have in the manner you bleeding hearts think they should, you believe it's your place to step and tell them who and how much should be given to the point of having the government take it if they say no.

As I said, you twist the teachings of those verses. There are a few key words that show you are. Whether it's talking about hunger, thirst, clothing, etc., it says "YOU GAVE me meat, YOU GAVE me, YOU CLOTHED me, etc. It doesn't say the government took it from me and decided who should get it.

You twist the teachings on equality/inequality. If someone spend 100x more effort in gaining the skills to earn them 100x more, why shouldn't they earn that much more? That's equal.