Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions on Russia

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Questions on Russia

So the left maintains that President Trump is doing Russia's bidding and shitting their pants over Monday's press conference. Well, here are some questions I would like our friends on the left to answer. If they can't answer satisfactorily then they forfeit any criticisms on President Trump and Russia

President Obama reneged on a deal to build missile shields in Poland and Czech Republic. In President Trumps first year they announced that Warsaw would be purchasing the Patriot missile

Given these facts whose actions were in Russia and Putin's interests? Is Putin for or against putting a missile shield in Poland and Czech republic

President Obama looked the other way and didn't lift a finger when Putin invaded Ukraine. President Trump approved a plan to provide lethal weapons to Ukraine.

Was that move something Putin was supportive of?

Obama and the EU worked out a deal to give Iran hundreds of billions of dollars. A deal that was never approved by Congress. Ben Rhodes (Obama's toady) admitted that Obama lied the entire time to get the deal done. Iran used the money to buy weapons, some from Russia. President Trump shut that spigot off

Who is helping Russia and looking out for Putin's interests?

Obama drew a red line in Syria about chemical weapons. Then Obama did nothing about chemical attacks. Then Obama, Kerry, and the Putin regime brokered a deal to pretend that that Syrian dictator and Putin ally Bashar al-Assad got rid of the chemical weapons. Remember when John Kerry famously uttered the words "we got 100% of the chemical weapons out"? Worse still, they trusted Putin to monitor the deal.

Trump actually bombed Syria in defiance to Russia when Assad subsequently used the weapons that Kerry said were gone.

So who was furthering Putin's interests in Syria?

And now for the BIGGY. In the Summer of 2016 when the FBI, CIA and entire intelligence community as well as Obama were supposedly concerned about "Russian meddling", we learn that Obama's cyber chief was given a "stand down order". Why isn't anyone on the left curious about that? Why would Obama give a stand down order on an attack of our country?

Now these are very reasonable questions based on VERIFIABLE fact and not conjecture.

I am going to lift my thread ban rules in an effort to give all JPP left wingers an opportunity to answer any or all of these questions.

Please refrain from bullshit responses like "You are a Russian Bot" or "Russian troll" or "You suck Putin cock" or "Traitor"

If you cannot answer these questions truthfully and in a forthright manner, I will ask Grind to retroactively thread ban you from the thread.

Have fun

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Stretch (07-18-2018), Truth Detector (07-22-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Where’s the cricket emoji?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Where’s the cricket emoji?
    The left is so full of shit. They are so singularly focused on a few words and overlooking everything he is doing. I totally understand his frustration

6. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-22-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

What do you mean by "the left" in the first sentence? Have you watched Fox or listened to right-wing talk radio? Have you heard any of the countless GOP politicians since the news conference?

Not sure what you mean by "the left." It's everyone except those under the spell.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-23-2018), kudzu (07-22-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    The left is so full of shit. They are so singularly focused on a few words and overlooking everything he is doing. I totally understand his frustration
    the left is incapable of reporting much less analysis other then gross speculation like Brennan

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/u...ump-putin.html
    n an appearance on Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Mr. Brennan, who served as C.I.A. director from 2013 to 2017, speculated that Russians “may have something on him personally” when he was asked if he thought Mr. Trump was afraid of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

“The Russians, I think, have had long experience with Mr. Trump, and may have things that they could expose,” he added.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts

I notice people mentioning sanctions on Russia like it was Trump's idea -- it wasn't....in fact, as soon as Trump got in office he was trying to lift sanctions -- Congress forced his hand -- stop pretending sanctions was Trump's idea.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...russia-n767406

I also notice how Trump lovers pretend not to know that Trump is refusing to implement much of the sanctions that Congress voted to impose --- this idea of claiming Trump is behind these sanctions is silly and desperate.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8184866.html

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rhym3pays For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-23-2018), kudzu (07-22-2018), Rune (07-22-2018)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    What do you mean by "the left" in the first sentence? Have you watched Fox or listened to right-wing talk radio? Have you heard any of the countless GOP politicians since the news conference?

Not sure what you mean by "the left." It's everyone except those under the spell.
    Is that what you are going to split hairs over? You aren't even going to attempt to answer any of the reasonable questions I asked? I will give you one more chance and then I will request Grind to strike you from the thread. JPP lefties bitch and moan about being thread banned, yet when given a chance to respond to a well thought out reasonable post they fail miserably.

Strike 1

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-22-2018), Truth Detector (07-22-2018)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is that what you are going to split hairs over? You aren't even going to attempt to answer any of the reasonable questions I asked? I will give you one more chance and then I will request Grind to strike you from the thread. JPP lefties bitch and moan about being thread banned, yet when given a chance to respond to a well thought out reasonable post they fail miserably.

Strike 1
    It's not a hairsplit, because it's not "the left." Literally, it's the entire world except for hardcore Trump supporters.

And that's because it's not about some imaginary blanket "tough stance on Russia," or "which President had tougher measures against Russia?" Quick update on current events: this is specifically about Trump's reaction to clear evidence that RUSSIA INTERFERED IN OUR ELECTION.

I know that "but Obama" is the 1st talking point on the WH memo that's making the rounds, but it has nothing to do w/ tolerance for Russian interference in the 2016 American election.

16. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2020.1 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-22-2018)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's not a hairsplit, because it's not "the left." Literally, it's the entire world except for hardcore Trump supporters.

And that's because it's not about some imaginary blanket "tough stance on Russia," or "which President had tougher measures against Russia?" Quick update on current events: this is specifically about Trump's reaction to clear evidence that RUSSIA INTERFERED IN OUR ELECTION.

I know that "but Obama" is the 1st talking point on the WH memo that's making the rounds, but it has nothing to do w/ tolerance for Russian interference in the 2016 American election.

So if President Trump just said "I think Russia interfered in our election" you would be happy and stop with your complaining? Is that what you are getting at?

It is clear that you have poor reading comprehension. This thread is not dedicated to the latest brouhaha. It is about people claiming that Trump is Putin's puppet and does Putin's bidding. I am sorry that you aren't able to focus on two separate issues.

That is Strike 2. One more strike and you will be removed from the thread. Sorry, but I can't make exceptions

18. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So if President Trump just said "I think Russia interfered in our election" you would be happy and stop with your complaining? Is that what you are getting at?

It is clear that you have poor reading comprehension. This thread is not dedicated to the latest brouhaha. It is about people claiming that Trump is Putin's puppet and does Putin's bidding. I am sorry that you aren't able to focus on two separate issues.

That is Strike 2. One more strike and you will be removed from the thread. Sorry, but I can't make exceptions
    I would have been fine if Trump didn't openly side with Putin & Russia over our intel community. If you can name another President who has done anything remotely like that, I'd love to hear the name.

Ban away.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

kudzu (07-22-2018)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I would have been fine if Trump didn't openly side with Putin & Russia over our intel community. If you can name another President who has done anything remotely like that, I'd love to hear the name.

Ban away.
    You have avoided addressing any of the questions posed in the OP. Why is that?

Yes, you are now thread banned. Sorry.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I love how this thread has exposed JPP lefties and their duplicitous nature. They obviously don't care about Russia as a strategic threat they are only concerned about some words and feels. I am guessing that JPP lefties like Thingy wanted Trump to turn over the podium and call Putin a "Motherfucking cheating bastard" and storm out. Maybe the would have made Thingy happy.

Although I suspect that if Trump had called Putin out publicly, our friend Thingy would be wringing his hands that Trump is "going to start a war"

This whole thing is made up outrage by anti Trump forces. It will blow over like all of the other made up controversies

24. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One good thing about this thread is that it completely mitigates the JPP lefties complaints about being thread banned

When given an opportunity to participate, they either run for the tall grass or like Thingy try to derail the thread from the original topic.

Another win for ILA

I am 1358-0 on JPP

26. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I won, btw.

28. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2020.1 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-22-2018)

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-23-2018), Rune (07-22-2018)

30. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

So, Trump is supposed to stand up to Putin while Obama could stand down. Um-hmmm.

Former Obama administration National Security Council cybersecurity coordinator Michael Daniel confirmed on Wednesday that a "stand down" order was given to counter Russian cyberattacks during the 2016 election.

During a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing, Sen. James Risch (R., Idaho) asked Daniel about a passage in the book Russian Roluette. The passage was about a staffer from Daniel's team, Daniel Prieto, retelling the time that Obama's national security adviser Susan Rice told Daniel and his team to halt their efforts and to "stand down" in countering Russia's cyberattacks.

Daniel was quoted saying to his team that they had to stop working on options to counter the Russian attack: "We've been told to stand down." Prieto is quoted as being "incredulous and in disbelief" and asking, "Why the hell are we standing down?"

"That is an accurate rendering of the conversation at the staff meeting but the larger context is something that we can discuss in the classified session," Daniel said. "But I can say there were many concerns about how many people were involved in the development of the options so the decision at that point was to neck down the number of people that were involved in our ongoing response options. It's not accurate to say all activities ceased at that point. "

Daniel and his team were tasked in developing options to Russia's cyberattacks on the United States. Russian hacked the Democratic National Committee servers in 2015 and into voter registration systems of several U.S. states in 2016.

Risch asked if Daniel's area of supervision completely ceased after the "stand down" order.

"No, we shifted our focus in that September and October time frame to focus heavily on better protecting and assisting the states in better protecting the electoral infrastructure and ensuring that we had the greatest visibility as possible into what the Russians were doing and developing essentially an incident response plan for election day," Daniel said.

"But as far as your cyber response, you were told to stand down. Is that correct?" Risch asked.

"Those actions were put on the back burner, yes. That was not the focus of our activity during that time period," Daniel said.

In the same hearing, former Obama State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Russian President Vladimir Putin expected deterrent measures when Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election but didn't see them so he felt he could "keep pushing."

During eight years of the Obama administration, Russia was able to invade Ukraine, annex Crimea, prop up Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, and interfere in the 2016 election. In response to its aggressive behavior, Obama personally warned Putin to "cut it out." As his presidency was coming to an end, Obama ordered the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats and the implementation of new sanctions against the country.

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...-cyberattacks/
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post: