Thread: Obama slams populist 'right-wing billionaires,' touts 'universal income

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

On Lying:

"Unfortunately, too much of politics today seems to reject the very concept of objective truth. People just make stuff up. They just make stuff up. We see it in state-sponsored propaganda; we see it in internet driven fabrications, we see it in the blurring of lines between news and entertainment, we see the utter loss of shame among political leaders where they're caught in a lie and they just double down and they lie some more. Politicians have always lied, but it used to be if you caught them lying they'd be like, "Oh man." Now they just keep on lying."
    Hmmm. I wonder who he was talking about?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-19-2018)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Or not reinvest the increased dividends. Deferred wealth is still wealth.
    How many dividends do you think you get from those $1200 Amazon shares?

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Pfffft. You are talking to a real Sailor here. If that is all the man needs just let me know. I know honeys in just about every port imaginable. Can guarantee they will leave him smiling, in a daze and walking bow legged for at least two weeks. Hell, he might even find religion over the experience. Any ethnicity or nationality he wants. I will even set him up for nothing the first time.

And thank you for the information on the Trinity.
    I think you underestimate the magnitude of the problem of getting Watermark laid. The main problem, of course, being Watermark himself.

We can easily chip in and get a crack ho or a French Courtesan but what good would that do if he won’t talk to them? Besides there are some things even a crack ho won’t do.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cawacko (07-18-2018)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Clearly it wasn't important enough to come out and vote against a Nazi.

Do you think Blacks aren't smart enough to realize the ramifications of a dump presidency?

Can you answer this question?

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Our current welfare system is vastly inefficient, bureaucratic, and easily taken advantage of. And for all the money we throw at it we still have thousands of people living on the streets. Implementing such a system over our current one would actually save alot of taxpayer money and decrease the size of government. This is not a far-left concept, many capitalist economists like Milton Friedman and Friederich Hayek actually supported the idea. There is a strong fiscal conservative case for implementing UBI.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...income/375600/

And in the age of automation, it's quickly becoming necessary to keep the peace.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

Fentoine Lum (07-19-2018)

9. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,034 Times in 14,529 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    How many dividends do you think you get from those $1200 Amazon shares?
    Amazon is trading at app. $1800/share, and isn't paying dividends.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Do you think Blacks aren't smart enough to realize the ramifications of a dump presidency?

Can you answer this question?
    You tell me. I only know that they couldn't be bothered to vote against an overt Nazi, who refers to his one black supporter as 'my African American'.

What does that tell you?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Amazon is trading at app. $1800/share, and isn't paying dividends.
    Which negates your point about reinvesting the dividends. Deferred wealth is not wealth until cashed out.

12. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Which negates your point about reinvesting the dividends. Deferred wealth is not wealth until cashed out.
    Great. Let's start a 10 page debate over stocks that pay dividends, vs those that don't.

13. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You tell me. I only know that they couldn't be bothered to vote against an overt Nazi, who refers to his one black supporter as 'my African American'.

What does that tell you?

So you can't answer the question?

I'll conclude that you think they aren't smart enough to realize the ramifications of a dump presidency.

"I only know that they couldn't be bothered to vote against an overt Nazi, who refers to his one black supporter as 'my African American'"

Yea, you think they aren't smart enough. Turn off fox.

Black people have died to vote, we don't take it lightly. If given the chance and opportunity, every Black person would vote. But since that opportunity has been taken away from millions of Blacks, you think they are lazy. Sound straight out of the right wing play book.

The racist right wing media, has been lying about the Black vote for decades. And for you to insult the intelligence of millions of Black by insinuating they only voted for the Black man and wasn't smart enough to not vote for a racist, says a lot about you.

You can continue to support the racist right wing media and their lies about the Black vote and how they didn't want Hilary.

It's complete and utter BS!

Stop blaming Blacks for dumps win. White America let this happen.

14. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post

So you can't answer the question?

I'll conclude that you think they aren't smart enough to realize the ramifications of a dump presidency.

"I only know that they couldn't be bothered to vote against an overt Nazi, who refers to his one black supporter as 'my African American'"

Yea, you think they aren't smart enough. Turn off fox.

Black people have died to vote, we don't take it lightly. If given the chance and opportunity, every Black person would vote. But since that opportunity has been taken away from millions of Blacks, you think they are lazy. Sound straight out of the right wing play book.

The racist right wing media, has been lying about the Black vote for decades. And for you to insult the intelligence of millions of Black by insinuating they only voted for the Black man and wasn't smart enough to not vote for a racist, says a lot about you.

You can continue to support the racist right wing media and their lies about the Black vote and how they didn't want Hilary.

It's complete and utter BS!

Stop blaming Blacks for dumps win. White America let this happen.
    Hey....blame whomever you need to in order to make yourself feel better. Kids and minorities couldn't be bothered to vote in '16. Now we have trump.

15. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

It's interesting that stating polling numbers about who turned out to vote is racist and out of the right wing playbook. I'm pretty sure Democrats focus on who turns out to vote as well. It's pretty much the number one job of political parties.

But it does remind me of the Prop 8 vote in California over gay marriage where on a percentage basis black voters supported it in higher numbers than did whites, Hispanics and Asians. TTQ64 you called that polling racist as well.

From a black voter perspective I can understand why the enthusiasm for Hillary of "superpredator" fame and her husband passing the crime bill in the '90's that put more black men in jail than any other legislation didn't reach the same levels as it did for Obama.

16. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I think you underestimate the magnitude of the problem of getting Watermark laid. The main problem, of course, being Watermark himself.

We can easily chip in and get a crack ho or a French Courtesan but what good would that do if he won’t talk to them? Besides there are some things even a crack ho won’t do.
    Dude, I can still help here. A few calls I can get him a couple of deaf/mute ladies of the evening. Just trying to help here.......

17. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hey....blame whomever you need to in order to make yourself feel better. Kids and minorities couldn't be bothered to vote in '16. Now we have trump.
    [B]
    Do you think Blacks aren't smart enough to realize the ramifications of a dump presidency?[/B]
    I see you still won't answer this. Tells me you feel the same way about Blacks as the racist right.

Kids can't vote. Another racist right wing myth. Hillary received 3 million more votes than dump......minorities voted. .

We have dump because white America, the majority of voters, have allowed racist white men to cheat in elections for decades.....then blame minorities. White America and their EC gave the Presidency to dump....not minorities.

Seems to me, YOU don't see the ramifications of listening to racist white men and their media........shrugging shoulders.

18. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
    Our current welfare system is vastly inefficient, bureaucratic, and easily taken advantage of. And for all the money we throw at it we still have thousands of people living on the streets. Implementing such a system over our current one would actually save alot of taxpayer money and decrease the size of government. This is not a far-left concept, many capitalist economists like Milton Friedman and Friederich Hayek actually supported the idea. There is a strong fiscal conservative case for implementing UBI.

And in the age of automation, it's quickly becoming necessary to keep the peace.
    Thanks for that food for thought. I like thinking outside the box.