1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump, A Treasonous Traitor

Trump, Treasonous Traitor
    The president fails to protect the country from an ongoing attack.

Put aside whatever suspicions you may have about whether Donald Trump will be directly implicated in the Russia investigation.

Trump is right now, before our eyes and those of the world, committing an unbelievable and unforgivable crime against this country. It is his failure to defend.

The intelligence community long ago concluded that Russia attacked our election in 2016 with the express intention of damaging Hillary Clinton and assisting Trump.

And it was not only the spreading of inflammatory fake news over social media. As a May report from the Republican-run Senate Intelligence Committee pointed out:

“In 2016, cyber actors affiliated with the Russian Government conducted an unprecedented, coordinated cyber campaign against state election infrastructure. Russian actors scanned databases for vulnerabilities, attempted intrusions, and in a small number of cases successfully penetrated a voter registration database. This activity was part of a larger campaign to prepare to undermine confidence in the voting process.”

And this is not simply a thing that happened once. This is a thing that is still happening and will continue to happen. As Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told the committee in February, “Persistent and disruptive cyberoperations will continue against the United States and our European allies using elections as opportunities to undermine democracy.” As he put it, “Frankly, the United States is under attack.”

The Robert Mueller investigation is looking into this, trying to figure out what exactly happened in 2016, who all was involved, which laws where broken and who will be charged and tried.

That investigation seems to be incredibly fruitful. According to Vox’s tally:

“Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team has either indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 32 people and three companies — that we know of. That group is composed of four former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Five of these people (including three former Trump aides) have already pleaded guilty.”

Twelve of those indictments came last week with a disturbingly detailed account of what the Russians did. As The New York Times put it:

“From phishing attacks to gain access to Democratic operatives, to money laundering, to attempts to break into state elections boards, the indictment details a vigorous and complex effort by Russia’s top military intelligence service to sabotage the campaign of Mr. Trump’s Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.”

Whether or not Trump himself or anyone in his orbit personally colluded or conspired with the Russians about their interference is something Mueller will no doubt disclose at some point, but there remains one incontrovertible truth: In 2016, Russia, a hostile foreign adversary, attacked the United States of America.

---

America’s commander wants to be chummy with the enemy who committed the crime. Trump is more concerned with protecting his presidency and validating his election than he is in protecting this country.

This is an incredible, unprecedented moment. America is being betrayed by its own president. America is under attack and its president absolutely refuses to defend it.

Simply put, Trump is a traitor and may well be treasonous.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/o...ion-putin.html
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cypress (07-16-2018), Frank Apisa (07-16-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-16-2018), LV426 (07-16-2018), PoliTalker (07-16-2018), signalmankenneth (07-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

I believe there are only a few things that explain Trumps behavior. 1) it might be he is guilty and knows it, and is just trying to discredit the investigation because he knows Mueller has the goods on him, and his base will remain faithful. 2) Trump's very fragile ego cannot admit Hillary beat him in the popular vote, and would have beat him even worse if not for the Russians. 3) Russia has something on him (like the pee tape) and he is manipulated by Putin at every turn.

Right off the bat, back in the days of the biggest inauguration in history, I truly believed it was his fragile ego, now I think it might be both 1 and 3. Whatever the case he sure doesn't seem a bit concerned about our next election. Maybe he thinks the Dems need the help.
    Be Best

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mak2 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-16-2018), PoliTalker (07-16-2018), signalmankenneth (07-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

#BurnTheLifeboats

We simply cannot let Conservatives re-brand again after Trump is kicked out of office.

No Third Way, no teabags, no "No True Scotsman".

Conservatives voted for and supported Trump; they don't get to take the red hats off.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

FORBES: Time To Call Trump By His Real Name -- Economic Traitor

It's high time we called Trump by his real name -- traitor, perhaps our country's worst traitor ever. I speak not of his attack on our allies, his appeasement of our adversaries, his assault on the press, his coddling of racists, his repulsive misogyny, his rampant corruption, his terrible cronyism, his brazen nepotism, his abuse of children, his obstruction of justice, his contempt for our justice system, or his war on the environment. I speak of his systematic destruction of our economy.

It's high time we called Trump by his real name -- traitor, perhaps our country's worst traitor ever. I speak not of his attack on our allies, his appeasement of our adversaries, his assault on the press, his coddling of racists, his repulsive misogyny, his rampant corruption, his terrible cronyism, his brazen nepotism, his abuse of children, his obstruction of justice, his contempt for our justice system, or his war on the environment. I speak of his systematic destruction of our economy.

Trump is hell bent on engineering a complete meltdown of U.S. trade. This will do enormous and lasting damage to our economy, not to mention our international relations. According to the Business Round Table, more than one in five U.S. jobs are directly supported by international trade. U.S. exports and imports now total 30 percent of U.S. GDP -- roughly $6 trillion. And international trade is our economy's primary source of growth. To quote the 2018 Economic Report of the President:

Traded goods and services have constituted a growing share of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) over time. From 1970 to 2015, the U.S. economy grew threefold, but the total value of goods and services traded internationally increased nearly eleven times in real terms. This increasing economic reliance on trade makes trade policy critical to the future economy.

Trump clearly hasn't read his own economic report, let alone digested its message. Instead, against the advice of his economic advisers, Trump decided to pull out of the Trans Pacific Partnership and is on course to destroy NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement. This is a direct attack on Canada and Mexico, our two largest export markets.

---

If the U.S. were suffering from international trade it would be one thing. But, as the Council of Economic Advisers makes clear, it's our economic lifeline. If the tariffs imposed on our exports to our main trading partners were dramatically higher than we impose on their exports to us, it would be a second thing. But their average tariffs on our exports are quite similar to our average tariffs on their exports and both average rates are extremely low. If national security were at stake, it would be a third thing. But that's ridiculous.

Trump's pretense for risking our economy -- that the U.S. has been pushed around for years in its trade deals by big bullies like Canada -- is equally ridiculous. Yes, there are particular U.S. exports that face high tariffs. But there are also particular foreign exports on which we impose high tariffs. Just read this study by the Pew Research Center.

The plain truth is that the U.S. doesn't get pushed around in its trade deals. Nor do huge U.S. corporations hand over their intellectual property for free -- to China or anyone else. When our country or our companies give a quo in some arena, we and they extract a quid. Always have and always will.
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...rted-clothing/

It's high time we called Trump by his real name -- traitor, perhaps our country's worst traitor ever.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2018)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Simply put, Trump is a traitor and may well be treasonous.
    What's he against- WW3 ?
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

anatta (07-16-2018)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,617 Times in 9,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

blackascoal (07-16-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2018)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump meets with Putin in high-stakes summit, blames the U.S. for poor relations
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...716-story.html

‘We Agree.’ Russia Chimes In After Trump Blames the U.S. for the Countries' Bad Relationship
    http://time.com/5339502/trump-putin-...-relationship/

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-16-2018), LV426 (07-16-2018), mak2 (07-16-2018), signalmankenneth (07-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2018)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I believe there are only a few things that explain Trumps behavior. 1) it might be he is guilty and knows it, and is just trying to discredit the investigation because he knows Mueller has the goods on him, and his base will remain faithful. 2) Trump's very fragile ego cannot admit Hillary beat him in the popular vote, and would have beat him even worse if not for the Russians. 3) Russia has something on him (like the pee tape) and he is manipulated by Putin at every turn.

Right off the bat, back in the days of the biggest inauguration in history, I truly believed it was his fragile ego, now I think it might be both 1 and 3. Whatever the case he sure doesn't seem a bit concerned about our next election. Maybe he thinks the Dems need the help.
    2) When are you dumbasses going to realize that you can't lose something that isn't part of what determines the winner?

As far as 1 and 3, perhaps you should check those things related to Hillary. Her ego has caused her to blame someone/something else and even wrote a book titled What Happened. I can tell you what happened. Trump received 304 electoral votes and she received 227. His count was higher than the 270 required and hers wasn't high enough.

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

This is about Trump. He lost the popular election and I bet he still cries himself to sleep at night over it. Why do you think the President doesn't seem to give a hoot if the Russians at least attempted to interfere with out election? No one is disputing he won the electoral vote, so quit trying to deflect.
    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    2) When are you dumbasses going to realize that you can't lose something that isn't part of what determines the winner?

As far as 1 and 3, perhaps you should check those things related to Hillary. Her ego has caused her to blame someone/something else and even wrote a book titled What Happened. I can tell you what happened. Trump received 304 electoral votes and she received 227. His count was higher than the 270 required and hers wasn't high enough.
    Be Best

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mak2 For This Post:

blackascoal (07-16-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2018)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's not the issue. The issue is that Trump's ego simply won't let him get over losing the popular vote. Or having a small inauguration crowd. Any undermining to Trump's perception that he's the best unglues him like no one else.

So it's important we keep reminding everyone of the fact that Clinton won the popular vote; for a President obsessed with popularity, that simple fact stings because it undermines the legitimacy he thinks he earned.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

blackascoal (07-16-2018), Guno צְבִי (07-16-2018), mak2 (07-16-2018), ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2018)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whatabouting is a classic KGB tactic meant to distract from obvious truths.

If Trump doesn't walk away from this Putin meeting with the indicted Russians in our custody, then he is either a terrible negotiator, or he is in Putin's pocket.

These Russians attacked this country; they must be brought to justice.

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    What's he against- WW3 ?
    some would rather fight then talk..

"the enemies of detente are everywhere" (Richard Cohen)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    This is about Trump. He lost the popular election and I bet he still cries himself to sleep at night over it. Why do you think the President doesn't seem to give a hoot if the Russians at least attempted to interfere with out election? No one is disputing he won the electoral vote, so quit trying to deflect.
    You mentioned Hillary yourself.

There was no popular election. What about that don't you whiners understand? However, if you want to argue that, Hillary lost it, too being that more voted against her than for her.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There was no popular election. What about that don't you whiners understand? However, if you want to argue that, Hillary lost it, too being that more voted against her than for her.
    Trump was less popular than Clinton.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Whatabouting is a classic KGB tactic meant to distract from obvious truths.

If Trump doesn't walk away from this Putin meeting with the indicted Russians in our custody, then he is either a terrible negotiator, or he is in Putin's pocket.

These Russians attacked this country; they must be brought to justice.
    Last time I looked, sock boy, you don't get to determine any of that.