Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Fran mayor demands taxpayers provide "safe injection sites" for druggies

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Default San Fran mayor demands taxpayers provide "safe injection sites" for druggies

This money should be spent on building apartments so WORKING taxpayers don't have to pay $4,000 a month for a 1BR.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...-sfgate-result

july 15 2018 San Francisco Mayor London Breed wants the city to open safe drug injection sites. She also wants city residents to feel the facilities don’t have to be a danger or a nuisance.

So on Sunday, she’s expected to talk about her plan to open a demonstration injection site meant to provide the public with a realistic sense of what such a facility would look like.

Breed plans to make the announcement during Sunday services at Glide Memorial Methodist Church in the Tenderloin, where the mock safe injection site will be housed and open to the public next month, from Aug. 28 to 31.

The model site is still being designed, said Glide spokesman Robert Avila, but it’s expected to draw on common features of existing facilities in other countries, including booths where drug users can inject drugs, to shoot up, as well as so-called “chill rooms,” where users can ride out their highs under clinical supervision.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    This money should be spent on building apartments so WORKING taxpayers don't have to pay $4,000 a month for a 1BR.
    Democrats are waving the white flag of surrender in the war on drugs.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    They should build it next door to the mayor's home.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I have a couple of friends that have paid millions for their condos but are afraid to let their little kids walk on the streets in front of their buildings because of the drug needles and trash. Would this help? I don't know

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I have a couple of friends that have paid millions for their condos but are afraid to let their little kids walk on the streets on front of their buildings because of the drug needles and trash. Would this help? I don't know
    Did they move because of it? If not, apparently it didn't scare them or bother them too much.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just another example of a left wing Democrat supporting the concept of someone making a choice then someone else paying the price.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

I have a couple of friends that have paid millions for their condos but are afraid to let their little kids walk on the streets in front of their buildings because of the drug needles and trash. Would this help? I don't know
    Nothing should be done to encourage drug abuse. And if something is done to help these losers it should be done with private money.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

8. The Following User Groans At Text Drivers are Killers For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-16-2018)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

When they get Hep or HIV and their organs get affected, they qualify for disability and will support their habit off taxpayer money anyway, so I guess helping string them along helps the public sort of.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

they could put them on the cable cars so the tourists wouldn't miss them.......

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have had a clean needle exchange programme for many years. At the very least, it helps to prevent diseases like Hepatitis C and should be encouraged.

https://www.addaction.org.uk/help-an...afer-injecting

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

TrippyHippy (07-16-2018)

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    They should build it next door to the mayor's home.
    The mayor should allow them to come and shoot up IN her home.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    When they get Hep or HIV and their organs get affected, they qualify for disability and will support their habit off taxpayer money anyway, so I guess helping string them along helps the public sort of.
    Isn't the choice to use drugs one they made? Why should the taxpayers pay a dime for anything related to it?

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    We have had a clean needle exchange programme for many years. At the very least, it helps to prevent diseases like Hepatitis C and should be encouraged.

https://www.addaction.org.uk/help-an...afer-injecting
    How about encourage them to not use drugs and if they still choose to do so, let them deal with their own problems.

People that support things like this are the ones that would feed cats and wonder why the cats keep hanging around.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

I support clean needle programs as a matter of public health, but entire safe injection sites are going to be a bit costly. And the opposition has a fair point that taxpayers shouldn't be footing such a heavy bill to support other peoples' poor choices.

Alternative solution: I think we should look into decriminalization as a means to make drug use safer, prohibition is the single biggest risk factor in drugs. Bringing drugs out of the black market and into the hands of a well regulated state-run dispensary would result in safer, less potent drugs. These dispensaries could set limits on how much can be bought at one time and would also prevent lacing with other drugs like carfentanil. Thus reducing the need for a safe injection site at all because there will be less overdoses. The money these dispensaries generate could help the community, going to build schools, pave roads, clean up our cities, help the homeless. This is a harm reduction tactic that would actually put more money back in taxpayers' pockets rather than out of it, as well as fighting gang violence and cartels by taking away their biggest profit ventures.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Um...the war on drugs has been lost for a long time. When your war ends up increasing drug abuse, it's time to change the strategy. Decades of hard-line "tough on drugs" posturing have simply not worked, they have made the problem far worse.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

cawacko (07-16-2018), countryboy (07-16-2018)