Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Chicago police release body cam video of South Shore police shooting

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    same to you. I don't expect to see very many posts from you from now on. JPP will be a better place.
    Are you going somewhere? Perhaps you, like others, will hide behind the ignore feature like a coward.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    But he wasn't assaulted, so your question began with a false premise.
    if i touch you when you don't want me to, isn't that assault? the false premise is having ANY OIS investigation start with the notion that it's assault on a police officer.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 982 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 37 Times in 36 Posts

at least I don't start threads and don't let anyone post that might disagree with me. And no, I don't put people on ignore. Why? do you feel neglected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    So you say.

If you can't prove it, why bring it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Are you going somewhere? Perhaps you, like others, will hide behind the ignore feature like a coward.
    Be Best

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To STY, cops walking down the same street is assault.
    making shit up, as usual.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Duty To Inform Required To Inform If Asked

only two have the duty to inform if asked, namely Arizona and Illinois. In those states, you must disclose to an officer that you are carrying if they ask.

http://aliengearholsters.com/blog/wh...inform-states/

Now u want to STFU

They need know reason to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you need to learn the law before making such stupid assed assumptions.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    no, chicago has to follow state law and use a shall issue permit process, making the carrying of a concealed handgun LEGAL. Therefore, the 4th Amendment prohibits the cops from demanding to see the concealed carry permit of anyone without reasonable suspicion that there is a law being broken.
    According to their FOID requirements:
    When a license holder is carrying a concealed handgun, and is asked by a police officer if they are carrying, there is a duty to inform the officer that they are. This can be done with a verbal reply, or by showing their concealed handgun license.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    at least I don't start threads and don't let anyone post that might disagree with me. And no, I don't put people on ignore. Why? do you feel neglected?
    Neither do I. Not a single thread ban or person on the ignore list.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

making shit up, as usual.
    You mean like you claiming the thug that was shot was assaulted?

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You'll have to ask them.

He didn't walk away. He pulled away and reached for a gun. It's on video. You're, again, finding issue with the police when none existed.
    3 or 4 armed and hostile individuals with the legal power to execute people who exercise their rights is an issue, despite the fact that you think the government is your true master.....which it isn't

Attachment 6977
    Your reply had nothing to do with CFM's comment and was just you standing on your soap box, again.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

According to their FOID requirements:
    When a license holder is carrying a concealed handgun, and is asked by a police officer if they are carrying, there is a duty to inform the officer that they are. This can be done with a verbal reply, or by showing their concealed handgun license.
    cite that exact law and verbiage, please. and state law cannot run afoul of the 4th Amendment

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You mean like you claiming the thug that was shot was assaulted?
    again, if I grab you when you don't want me to, am I assaulting you?

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your reply had nothing to do with CFM's comment and was just you standing on your soap box, again.
    sure it did. he sees no issue in cops assaulting people without RAS or PC and I do.

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As to your posts about FOID, it's a state issued card.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    Why should he have had his permit checked in the first place of the only suspicion was that he was armed? Do you believe in treating people like criminals before they've committed a crime. I went back and read the article after focusing more on the headline and video and I'm falling more into STYs camp on this one. While the guy didn't make the smartest of moves by reaching for his gun, the whole thing could've been avoided by not shaking him down when he hadn't committed an offense.

15. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

sure it did. he sees no issue in cops assaulting people without RAS or PC and I do.
    You see things that don't occur because you hate cops.